Transit Thru Dubai Airport

Topic locked
Transit thru Dubai Airport Nov 21, 2009
Hi There,

I'm a Canadian citizen who made a runner last year. I had about AED100,000 on my credit card. I lost my job and had a choice to a) go to prison or b) flee the country. I chose b. Please don't lecture me on right or wrong. Here is my question to you. I'm planning on going to India and have a transfer flight in Dubai. Will I encounter any problems if I don't go through the immigration and don't leave the airport.

Canadian_Raj
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 21, 2009
yes, you will be arrested, that is a certainty, does not matter if you don't pass immigration.
capsicum
BANNED

Nov 22, 2009
Come on guys. You can do better than that. Base it on facts or personal experiences.
Canadian_Raj
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 22, 2009
Canadian_Raj wrote:Come on guys. You can do better than that. Base it on facts or personal experiences.

I don't think anyone here actually will give you any kind of information, your a criminal and should be brought to justice, its as simple as that.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2009
Hey Osama. I didn't ask to be judged by you. So shut your hole before CIA tracks you down.
Canadian_Raj
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 22, 2009
Canadian_Raj wrote:Hey Osama. I didn't ask to be judged by you. So shut your hole before CIA tracks you down.

You came on our forum and we are living in the land of which you decided to break the law, I am not judging you I am simple stating a fact, you broke the law, you should be brought to justice.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2009
This is what it looks like to transit at Dubai Airport
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Canadian_Raj wrote:Hey Osama. I didn't ask to be judged by you. So shut your hole before CIA tracks you down.

You came on our forum and we are living in the land of which you decided to break the law, I am not judging you I am simple stating a fact, you broke the law, you should be brought to justice.

You use a credit card because a bank let you borrow the money you dont have , when you lose your job you even have less and with your cancelled visa your ability to repay your debt goes out the window.
Sage, is this a crime? like...worst than robbing a bank? at least the robber leaves after his prison term is completed, the debtor can only be freed after he pays back the debt, which means never if he cant.
So you think prison is the only option? You must have a lot of frustration in your life to be so mean.
In my country, the debtor does not go to jail and the bank eventually gets its money back which ever way.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 22, 2009
gertrude wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

You use a credit card because a bank let you borrow the money you dont have , when you lose your job you even have less and with your cancelled visa your ability to repay your debt goes out the window.
Sage, is this a crime? like...worst than robbing a bank? at least the robber leaves after his prison term is completed, the debtor can only be freed after he pays back the debt, which means never if he cant.
So you think prison is the only option? You must have a lot of frustration in your life to be so mean.
In my country, the debtor does not go to jail and the bank eventually gets its money back which ever way.

So you are trying to justify deliberately breaking the law, why would anyone spend what they don't have?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
gertrude wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

So you are trying to justify deliberately breaking the law, why would anyone spend what they don't have?

Lets not get all philosophical here. Although I agree with you in theory (we can argue this is the biggest reason for the global economy to be in trouble) but its not always possible. We are all humans and people make mistakes. There is no mechanism in Dubai to deal with this "mistake". And if your one of the unfortunate ones who are caught up in this mess, what do you suggest to them? Have some sympathy Onion, if you can't show empathy.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 22, 2009
I would strongly suggest you find another way to travel without having to stopover in Dubai. Unfortunately there are many like you who got themselves in a hole and had no choice but to do a runner. I say avoid Dubai at all costs!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 22, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I would strongly suggest you find another way to travel without having to stopover in Dubai. Unfortunately there are many like you who got themselves in a hole and had no choice but to do a runner. I say avoid Dubai at all costs!!!

If your name is in the system, avoid transit, period, dont become a statistic, It s a known fact that Dubai Airport is swarmed with undercover officers who dissect passenger manifests and bust passengers for having pain killers or for breaking the ego of these low life officers with colorful langage.
capsicum
BANNED

Nov 22, 2009
Come through Dubai, no problem, come and face the problem that you have left behind you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Transit thru Dubai Airport Dec 13, 2009
Canadian_Raj wrote:Hi There,

I'm a Canadian citizen who made a runner last year. I had about AED100,000 on my credit card. I lost my job and had a choice to a) go to prison or b) flee the country. I chose b. Please don't lecture me on right or wrong. Here is my question to you. I'm planning on going to India and have a transfer flight in Dubai. Will I encounter any problems if I don't go through the immigration and don't leave the airport.

I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. You might. It depends if bank tried to cash security cheque, if they notified police, if police notified immigration, if immigration decide to look for you while in transit.

If there's a flight delay while in transit and you end up having to go through immigration while waiting, you increase the risk of being caught.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Just love the holier than thou attitudes of people pretending they never broke the law or never got momney which wasnt theirs.

Doing a runner is definitely a criminal act, but such cases happen because there is no mechanism to deal with them apart from sending them to jail....

Till recently, a person 3 months late on a loan would be a criminal while an owner could withhold 5 months salaries of 10 workers, which is effectively stealing, and not be punished at all.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

If you have been out of the country for more than 6 months with unpaid loans, telephone/utility bills or if there is any case lodged against you while you were out of the country, you will be blacklisted & detained in the airport at your arrival. This applies to transit as well. Also if you are blacklisted in dubai, then you are also blacklisted in all of the emirates. :bom:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: Transit thru Dubai Airport Dec 14, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:Just love the holier than thou attitudes of people pretending they never broke the law or never got momney which wasnt theirs.

Doing a runner is definitely a criminal act, but such cases happen because there is no mechanism to deal with them apart from sending them to jail....

Till recently, a person 3 months late on a loan would be a criminal while an owner could withhold 5 months salaries of 10 workers, which is effectively stealing, and not be punished at all.

what mechanism are welling to allow for a "temporary laborer" if you were bank ? give me an example. and the same goes to a government. why should banks suffer right offs. but I think companies need to insure there employees and the salary withholding is disappearing ! now owners have to deposited those salaries directly to banks account ,it is the law or give a reason for the holding but you need to seek your rights, no one is doing it for you..... beside you are blaming the country for not paying off there depts. LOOOOL how could they if you ran a way with it ? LOOOOL

Back to the issue...well I guess if you wont pass throw immigration as a transit then you are fine and better yet find another rout to India and save your self the trouble. Good luck..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat