This Is Quite A Longshot.

Topic locked
This is quite a longshot. Mar 03, 2008
Hello guys, I was wondering, since most of you make more money a month than I'll see in a lifetime, can one of you buy me an electric guitar somehow?
I'm from eastern europe.

Hey, it's worth a try.

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say it. :(

Weller
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 03, 2008
:?
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
weller y are you not able to make money in your country? by the way which country u from?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Eastern Europe? Why don't you dodle off to the UK then! You all seem to be taking over anyway and taking all the jobs!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Eastern Europe? Why don't you dodle off to the UK then! You all seem to be taking over anyway and taking all the jobs!

LOL easy chocopops, man thats a bit harsh init???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Maybe, but it's a fact!

Since we joined the EU, every other damn country that joins has it's residents lining up to get in, in the meantime our 'locals' are being put out of jobs and our services are at breaking point. Bah humbug to immigration!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Maybe, but it's a fact!

Since we joined the EU, every other damn country that joins has it's residents lining up to get in, in the meantime our 'locals' are being put out of jobs and our services are at breaking point. Bah humbug to immigration!

lol you wanna ask the ppl in other countries where the brits have the top jobs and taken over key places?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Because we're all being pushed out of our own country - that's why! Who the heck wants to stay in that godforsaken place these days with the state it's in. Why do you think we're all leaving in the first place.

Bring back National Service, with the view that if you want in, you want to be a citizen and you want the passport, then you're damn well going to prove you're willing to fight and die for it. Then watch all these spongers disappear overnight!

Guitarman apply to a musicians group in your own country. Or do something to better yourself and pay for it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Because we're all being pushed out of our own country - that's why! Who the heck wants to stay in that godforsaken place these days with the state it's in. Why do you think we're all leaving in the first place.

Bring back National Service, with the view that if you want in, you want to be a citizen and you want the passport, then you're damn well going to prove you're willing to fight and die for it. Then watch all these spongers disappear overnight!

Guitarman apply to a musicians group in your own country. Or do something to better yourself and pay for it.

lol choco you alrite??? lol i better run off to bed before you turn on me :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Just having an angry girlie moment whaaaaaaaa :cry:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Just having an angry girlie moment whaaaaaaaa :cry:

awww its ok come here u :P whats with you girls?? always having blooody swing moods :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
I'm still a kid, going to school. No job for me.
Weller
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 04, 2008
weller piece of advise. stick to the school, study hard and once you have grown up and working buy urself a guitar. then when you become a rock roll star remember me and do remember me if you become rich and famous. oh enjoy school life, uni life because trust me once you are grown up and working you could wish you could be young again with less responsibilities :(. i miss school
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Eastern Europe? Why don't you dodle off to the UK then! You all seem to be taking over anyway and taking all the jobs!

Chocs,
If you don't give this guy some money to advance his career in music, he will be forced to move to the UK where he can have a sucessfull career stealing cars and breaking into houses.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 04, 2008
Weller wrote:I'm still a kid, going to school. No job for me.

look i feel your pain, when i was in school, all i wanted was a production studio, but asking someone to buy things for you will a) not get you anywhere b) not show your determination to get what you want.

my 2 cents are

i dont know how expensive guitars are here, but i wouldnt imagine them to be cheap, you can probably get one from overseas for a lot cheaper, 2nd hand, check ebay in places like the UK and australia etc - there is a USB guitar on the market from behringer that was 200 dollars brand new in australia, it will allow you to play when connected to your computer through a midi link - its a start....if you get a real guitar, you wont exactly get a great guitar but anything is better than nothing at this stage of your life, at least you'll have something to play on.

when i was in high school and i bought my first turntable i did everything i can to save its money, raked leaves, delivered newspapers, cleared snow from driveways - while i know this culture wouldnt exist here, im sure you can find something to do for a while just to get you what you want. do a bit of research in the matter.

when you earn your own guitar you will value it far more than anything you've ever been given.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 04, 2008
alternetively, send sheikhmo 5 prostitutes from belarus - he'll send you not 1 but 10 guitars with their guitar amps.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: This is quite a longshot. Mar 04, 2008
Weller wrote:Hello guys, I was wondering, since most of you make more money a month than I'll see in a lifetime, can one of you buy me an electric guitar somehow?
I'm from eastern europe.

Hey, it's worth a try.

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say it. :(

Eastern europeans are some of the highest paid workers in Dubai. AND they all have flexible working hours :D
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008

It´s called free market Chocoholic and globalization of the world economy in general. Can´t stand some competition? UK can also leave the Union and built a big wall around itself.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
ebonics wrote:alternetively, send sheikhmo 5 prostitutes from belarus - he'll send you not 1 but 10 guitars with their guitar amps.

I am not into prostitutes. I like guitar though but sorry I cannot help you.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 04, 2008
Flying Dutchman wrote:

It´s called free market Chocoholic and globalization of the world economy in general. Can´t stand some competition? UK can also leave the Union and built a big wall around itself.

Yes! Perfect! That's exactly what we should do!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

So you wouldnt comment on those who say.. if u dont like anything in here.. just leave the place.. eh?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 08, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

So you wouldnt comment on those who say.. if u dont like anything in here.. just leave the place.. eh?

Chocs is obviously one of those Brits who moved to Dubai because she'd rather be a minority in someone else's country rather than her own.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 08, 2008
benwj wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Chocs is obviously one of those Brits who moved to Dubai because she'd rather be a minority in someone else's country rather than her own.

she moved here cos she hates the pissing rain and the bloody tax. and we all minorities in UAE with all the indians around us :(.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
Has Dubai been officially declared an Indian colony yet?
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 09, 2008
Alex1111 wrote:Has Dubai been officially declared an Indian colony yet?

lol nah the minorities are fighting for our freedoooooooooooommmmmmm
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2008
:shock:
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 10, 2008
Yes I move to Dubai for all those reasons. You couldn't pay me to go back to the UK, no siree!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 10, 2008
you couldnt pay me to go to the UK again even for a day..

one time was well more than enough, and crossing over for el puerto in ibiza to san antonio where all the chavs were - just re-iterated my dismay. they made a hell hole out of san antonio, dont know how the spaniards are standing for that crap.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat