This One Is Good

Topic locked
This one is good Jan 20, 2007
I was working as a flight attendant with MEA. I was on a flight from Beirut to Paris. You know the type of passengers that get french if they are ehaded to france and English if they are landing in London. Those who refuse to speak Arabic and become changed people. They ask for Lórient Le Jour and lots of red wine (in the early morning).

I still remember, first row aisle seat thre was this lady - oh and i don't speak french- who asked for Lórient Le Jour. I said in English that I do not have it. She replied in French. I said I do not speak french, just English. She kept going on and on about how MEA empoloys girls who do not speak french. She was saying that she booked a seat on Air France and had no clue why she was on MEA instead. I did not understand french but I understood what she was saying. She was now talking loudly and making a big fuss out of it. I called the girl on the other side of the aircaraft and I said in Arabic, "Come speak to GRANDMA here who is pretending not to understand ENGLISH. Damn the french!"

To cut it short, she was Lebanese as she clearly understood what i said and just lost it.

I think she was more embarassed because everyone knew that the whole fuss was for nothing since she spoke Arabic, English and French.

Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2007
:)...i HATE people like that.

kudos! on what u did!:)
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 20, 2007
:lol:

I keep on laughing these days. :P
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 20, 2007
Hang in there Shermine! You'll be seeing lots of fine specimens such as this one, that I am sure! :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 20, 2007
Hamdella I work on ground nowadays and I am not in Lebanon to tolerate such people. This hapened when I was 19.
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2007
dubai is full of these types.....and thats my impression...after just a month!
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2007
cyrix wrote:dubai is full of these types.....and thats my impression...after just a month!

Do you hang at Starbucks a lot?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 21, 2007
:) no..i dont like starbucks at all...i think its over rated :)!

i like costa coffeee
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2007
i always believe in the "NightStick Theory" with people like these. thats why i cant learn french, i dont want to be that kind of people ;), no offence to the french in this forum
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 21, 2007
what is the 'nightstick theory'?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 21, 2007
where when you do something wrong that hurts other people for selfish needs, you get the crap beaten out of you with a nightstick ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat