Tattoos?!

Topic locked
Tattoos?! May 09, 2008
I have a few tattoos. the only 2 noticeable ones with everyday wear on are the ones on my wrists. I was wondering if that is a problem...should i try to find makeup or somethign to cover them? I'm moving to Dubai *fingers crossed* after finding a job...My fiance swears no one will care, but people in the states dont always like them, so i'm curious as to how and Arab nation will accept me.
any info will be greatly appreciated!

palmtreeprincess23
Dubai Forum Guest

May 09, 2008
Hi there, whilst i am sure someone else is more knowledgable about how people generally are here i can give you my own thoughts/experiences.

I have tats in noticeable places and when i go to more westernised places i generally do less about it to cover them up however if i go to places where there are more locals i feel i should show respect so i wear something to cover them. Whilst i have had no bad expereinces, in my opinion its always best to cover them if you are going to a place for the first time. But as i said i have had no bad experiences and i have to say they are on show at least 80 per cent of the time.

Don't know if that helps.
little_miss_sunshine
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 09, 2008
It depends.
If you do find a job with westerners here its good as they may think it is quiet cool.
but if the people around you are arabs then you might need to hide it as they have got a different impression about people with tattoos
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

May 11, 2008
hii
after 6 years livg in uae am telling u ...just fine ...don worry about it all
a lot here has body peircing andtatoos and very obvious
maybe some of the ppl would like to show some respct to the original culture by hiding it ..this isu to them but in enrl there is no problem as the ppl here knows that its muli national and culture contry
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

May 13, 2008
Alan78
Hi, please make it clear.
I saw tatoos on local women's hands and know it's just a little part because most precious and color tatoos is on their bodyes.

Does it mean also that men could have it too without problems?
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 13, 2008
hii
what they use is not a tattoo same as what u have...something else called HENNA but still the same idea (body painting)
look in this country dont think much about the things...as i told u all the ppl knows very well that we are living in a multi citizen and nationalities country...so no body ask

and i want to say something else: IF THEY WILL CARE ABOUT SUCH A THINGS SO THEY SHOULD ALSO STOP THE LADIES TO WEAR SHORT SKIRTS !! OR SLEEVLESS TOP, OR ASK MEN TO NOT WEAR SHORT AND WALK IN THE STREETS, NOT ALLOWING THE DATING BETWEEN PPL

SO JUST THINK ABOUT IT IN THIS WAY

AND BY THE WAY...IS YOUR TATOO THAT MUCH BIG TO WORRY ABOUT SHOWING IT??

HOW LONG U BEEN HERE IN UAE??
CONTACT ME
QAISLAA@HOTMAIL.COM

ADD ME TO THE MSN OR SEND ME AN E-MAIL
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

May 14, 2008
my tattoos are pretty small, i have one on each wrist. I'm respectful of other cultures, and as an american i dotn want to bring any extra attention to myself in a negative manor. I dont believe the tattoos i have are offensive, just hearts with wings. they are black and white, so not too flashy. I haven't come to the UAE yet, I will hopefuly be arriving mid summer.

Also, as i am not used to such hot weather...how should i dress to be appropriate. I prefer midlength skirts and tanktops, though i assume i should wear longer sleeves. Are there any rules enforced? I would like to not stand out anymore than i do as a tall, pale, blonde american girl...I realize i wont blend into the scene initially.

Thanks!
palmtreeprincess23
Dubai Forum Guest

May 15, 2008
palmtreeprincess23 wrote:my tattoos are pretty small, i have one on each wrist. I'm respectful of other cultures, and as an american i dotn want to bring any extra attention to myself in a negative manor. I dont believe the tattoos i have are offensive, just hearts with wings. they are black and white, so not too flashy. I haven't come to the UAE yet, I will hopefuly be arriving mid summer.

Also, as i am not used to such hot weather...how should i dress to be appropriate. I prefer midlength skirts and tanktops, though i assume i should wear longer sleeves. Are there any rules enforced? I would like to not stand out anymore than i do as a tall, pale, blonde american girl...I realize i wont blend into the scene initially.

Thanks!

hahahaha you guys outside i dont know raly how u think about the arabic countries

PLEASE GUYS PLEASE saudi arabia is in one side and the other arabic countries in the other side

what you hear about KSA is not necessaryily to be aplicalble on the other arab countries

i realyget upset sometimes when i discuss with some nonarab expats about things and found my self need to tell them that you have very wrong idea about arab, and need to show them the deferenc between the idea which they carry and the truth!

your TV or radio or news paper deliver wrong idea to u about arab and about the east

yes i am arabic but the comel is not my way of transportation !! maybe some of the arab YES still living in the deseret, but not all ,,,i think 10% only

yes you c an wear mid skirt, tube top, and long sleevs in the winter :D

by the way am not angry ...my accent is tough but am not angery :):)
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

May 15, 2008
I would like to ask about any information source about symbolic tattoos, making in arab counties.
It is interesting to know the meaning of them.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2008
deadlife wrote:It depends.
If you do find a job with westerners here its good as they may think it is quiet cool.
but if the people around you are arabs then you might need to hide it as they have got a different impression about people with tattoos

Well I for one don't think they are cool
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Tattoo artist in Dubai? May 31, 2008
Does anyone know about good Tattoo artist in Dubai?
and first of all, is it legal to be a Tattoo artist in Dubai?
gpdubai
Dubai Forum Guest

May 31, 2008
Alan78 wrote:
palmtreeprincess23 wrote:my tattoos are pretty .........

your TV or radio or news paper deliver wrong idea to u about arab and about the east

tell them allan tell them please.... AM DONE WITH THAT PART.. :x
dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat