Sucks To Be Up For Over 48 Hours.

Topic locked
sucks to be up for over 48 hours. Feb 25, 2007
Crap, been up for over 48 hours and can't sleep but tired (and not because of work) so I decided to post a bunch of nonsense.

I think Bushra21 could make fun of it and it would be justified - or she would feel "solidarity" and remain silent.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: sucks to be up for over 48 hours. Feb 25, 2007
Concord wrote:Crap, been up for over 48 hours and can't sleep but tired (and not because of work) so I decided to post a bunch of nonsense.

I think Bushra21 could make fun of it and it would be justified - or she would feel "solidarity" and remain silent.

Been there dude, benn there last week. One advise: Get completely pissed. You will sleep like a baby. First time that I slept for more than 4 hours straight.
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 25, 2007
What`s wrong with you both? :wink:

Why no sleep?
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 25, 2007
Try this!! It actually works!! Obviously if u dont mind wasting a bit of battery power!!

Take ur mp3 player not tape player, walkman, cd player or even a boom box.

Take like a hundred songs or more and shove it in ur mp3 player. And try slow music and the fast pumpin music in this order. When going to sleep obviously put the headphone (I personally prefert the earphones)with the mp3 player and put the volume to 80 percent which is pretty loud as u want to cancel all the extra noise which might bother u like the clock goin tick tock or outside stuff.

Dont move around in the bed that much. Just listen to music and possibility u will hum some in ur mind. But u cant hum to everysong as u will eventually feel bored and u will pull out a yawn.

Basically ur immersing urself in something u like but at a point u will reach which will want u to go to sleep and dont turn the music off let it go because at that moment if u want to turn it off that sec u might not feel sleepy again. Ur like cancelling the outside world with noise to go to sleep.

I have tried it and it works. I still remember when I was working late on a computer project and while listening to music I put my head on the knee and went off to sleep.

Hope this works!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:What`s wrong with you both? :wink:

Why no sleep?

Just over-tired. I usually only sleep 4-5 hours anyway.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:Try this!! It actually works!! Obviously if u dont mind wasting a bit of battery power!!

Take ur mp3 player not tape player, walkman, cd player or even a boom box.

Take like a hundred songs or more and shove it in ur mp3 player. And try slow music and the fast pumpin music in this order. When going to sleep obviously put the headphone (I personally prefert the earphones)with the mp3 player and put the volume to 80 percent which is pretty loud as u want to cancel all the extra noise which might bother u like the clock goin tick tock or outside stuff.

Dont move around in the bed that much. Just listen to music and possibility u will hum some in ur mind. But u cant hum to everysong as u will eventually feel bored and u will pull out a yawn.

Basically ur immersing urself in something u like but at a point u will reach which will want u to go to sleep and dont turn the music off let it go because at that moment if u want to turn it off that sec u might not feel sleepy again. Ur like cancelling the outside world with noise to go to sleep.

I have tried it and it works. I still remember when I was working late on a computer project and while listening to music I put my head on the knee and went off to sleep.

Hope this works!!

Thanks UD if only I had an mp3 player and music I would be asleep by now :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Concord wrote:

Why no sleep?

Me too ;)
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 26, 2007
Deniz wrote:
Concord wrote:

Why no sleep?

Me too ;)

Now I know how you have the time to take and collect all those great photos.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Concord wrote:
Deniz wrote:
Concord wrote:

Why no sleep?

Me too ;)

Now I know how you have the time to take and collect all those great photos.

:wink:
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 26, 2007
Just 4-5 hours??

That`s not healthy!!

I need 8 hours.....

I hadn`t enough sleep last night.

I`m beat-up :(
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 26, 2007
Ugh! There isn't much I hate more than being awake for that long straight.
Lithium222
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2007
Lithium222 wrote:Ugh! There isn't much I hate more than being awake for that long straight.

Although the feeling of euphoria from sleep deprivation can sometimes be good.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: sucks to be up for over 48 hours. Feb 26, 2007
Concord wrote:Crap, been up for over 48 hours and can't sleep but tired (and not because of work) so I decided to post a bunch of nonsense.

Oh please, must we all know what you've been doing for the past 48 hours??? Are you perhaps trying to show off to the guys? Oh dawgy, dawgy...
freza
Dubai chat master

freza wrote:

Oh please, must we all know what you've been doing for the past 48 hours??? Are you perhaps trying to show off to the guys? Oh dawgy, dawgy...

another one is "back"...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

freza wrote:
Concord wrote:Crap, been up for over 48 hours ... so I decided to post a bunch of nonsense.

Freza, you been up for 48 hours also:?: :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:so I decided to post a bunch of nonsense.

Freza, you been up for 48 hours also:?: :shock:
In that case, call me an insomiac!

Nah, actually I sometimes sleep 13 hrs straight.

Who knew you were sensitive about certain things? awww, how cute
freza
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat