Salsa For Beginner.

Topic locked
Salsa for beginner. Sep 16, 2008
I have been long time thinking of starting salsa, but never got time for it. Since new in Dubai and hobbies needed, i thought that now is the time.

So, does anybody knows any nice places who provides salsa lessons for beginners? I googled few, but difficult to say anything about them so if some one have some experience and knowledge, i would be gratefull for shearing it.

I suppose that i don't need partner to go there, but correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks!

Harri
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 16, 2008
Best place is Savage Garden at the Capital Hotel on Mina Road at the top of Dhiyafa Road. They do lessons for beginners.

Once you get good, then go to Malecon. You will see some awesome dancers there.

Me? 2 left feet and a desire not to look like a poofter.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 16, 2008
Hahaha I use to attend Salsa at Fitness First Ibn Battuta Mall as part ofmy exercise regime, then at Cown Plaza for some socializing... :) hahaha I'm a big disaster, 2-Left Foot...and so I gave up!

I'll try to dig the name of the instructor, same for both places....he's quite nice actually....just not sure if he's just really into dancing or if he's actually being a "she"....
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:Hahaha I use to attend Salsa at Fitness First Ibn Battuta Mall as part ofmy exercise regime, then at Cown Plaza for some socializing... :) hahaha I'm a big disaster, 2-Left Foot...and so I gave up!

I'll try to dig the name of the instructor, same for both places....he's quite nice actually....just not sure if he's just really into dancing or if he's actually being a "she"....

Undoubtedly some hairy bandy legged waiter called 'Manuel' with 9" hips and a stupid pony tail!

Bah!

Take up skydiving, its far better exercise!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 16, 2008
Gosh how did you know I like skydiving?! Ok...the topic is Salsa, sorry. :)
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 17, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:Gosh how did you know I like skydiving?! Ok...the topic is Salsa, sorry. :)

If you check back on the posts, you will find I am the resident Forum adrenaline junkie! Skydiving is one of my vices.

I had no idea you liked skydiving...never seen you up at the club. Once you learn, its possible to combine salsa and falling at the same time!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 17, 2008
I am looking out for Salsa classes too. THanks for the info guys...

Will check out the Mina Road place. I am in fact a member at Fitness First at DMC.... Will need to find out about Manuel!!!

I like your sense of humor....
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 17, 2008
sa4877 wrote:I am looking out for Salsa classes too. THanks for the info guys...

Will check out the Mina Road place. I am in fact a member at Fitness First at DMC.... Will need to find out about Manuel!!!

I like your sense of humor....

You can't miss him, he is the one going around all the women in the room...begging!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 18, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:Gosh how did you know I like skydiving?! Ok...the topic is Salsa, sorry. :)

If you check back on the posts, you will find I am the resident Forum adrenaline junkie! Skydiving is one of my vices.

I had no idea you liked skydiving...never seen you up at the club. Once you learn, its possible to combine salsa and falling at the same time!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hmmm.....imteresting,,,,

Pssst..Knight..did you really mean this ..

Dubai Knight wrote:Knight is back to see if it is possible to breathe life back into this once prolific medium!
8) 8) 8)
Knight

or was it supposed to be like this....
Dubai Knight wrote:Knight is back to see if it is possible to breathe life back into this once prolific medium.... and find someone to breathe a new life back to me!
8) 8) 8)
Knight

Yeah, its Bollywood Nights......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2008
hahahhahahahah :)

reviewer...

I like reading between the lines and as the jury's verdict one has to shout "Not Guilty As Charged"!

You're naughty.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:hahahhahahahah :)

reviewer...

I like reading between the lines and as the jury's verdict one has to shout "Not Guilty As Charged"!

You're naughty.

Naughty, hmm but ain't the likes of Mr Johnny Crane....Okay I'll offer you a plea bargain if you agree I'l ask the judge for a lesser misdismeanor charge.... :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2008
I'll be providing beginner lessons while there in October-November.

I'm an instructor from Vancouver, Canada.
sandman100k
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 19, 2008
reviewer wrote:

reviewer...

You're naughty.

Naughty, hmm but ain't the likes of Mr Johnny Crane....Okay I'll offer you a plea bargain if you agree I'l ask the judge for a lesser misdismeanor charge.... :lol: :lol:

Are you OJ Simpson?

There's plenty of life in the Knight yet!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 20, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:

reviewer...

You're naughty.

Are you OJ Simpson?

There's plenty of life in the Knight yet!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Aha, I understand that salsa is not one of them...... :lol: :lol:

You're so cunning albeit in a nice way...... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2008
Falling Salsa aka Skydiving maybe? Because if we can actually combine Salsa while falling....

Hahahahahaha :D
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:Falling Salsa aka Skydiving maybe? Because if we can actually combine Salsa while falling....

Hahahahahaha :D

You can, its called 'Freeflying'.

Trying to combine skydiving with the other kind of salsa, always ends up with a red face!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 21, 2008
If i start a new topic, will you ruin it by spamming also? I think you guys really should try salsa or something.
Harri
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 21, 2008
Here you go Harri:

Salsa Clubs & Nights:

Breeze Salsa Night - Zinc - Every Saturday from 9-12pm, with DJ Najib. Free entry.

Cheese and Salsa - Lodge - This venue is suspended for the summer.

Savage Garden - Capitol Hotel - 7 nights a week of Latin music. Live Colombian Band plays from Tues - Sun.

Sevilles - Wafi - Due to summer, only 3rd Wednesday of every month, 9.30-late.

The Apartment - JBH - Every Tuesday from 10pm-late, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, with DJ Udia. Free entry.

Trader Vics - Madinat - 7 nights a week of Cuban music. Live Cuban Band plays from Mon - Sat.

Upcoming Events:

Seville's
Wednesday 7th November, Seville's @ Wafi, 9.30pm-1am.
Click here for more details.

Dubai International Salsa Festival
January 22nd-24th 2009.
Click here for more details.

We're not ruining the topic. We're making it livelier. Life is meant to be fun ain't it.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
Harri wrote:If i start a new topic, will you ruin it by spamming also? I think you guys really should try salsa or something.

I prefer salsa to spam. Its hard to get the spam to stay on my nachos...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 28, 2008
I'm a pretty good salsa and merenge dancer. Would anyone make a good partner?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 29, 2008
puppypup wrote:I'm a pretty good salsa and merenge dancer. Would anyone make a good partner?

Not anyone, someone who can dance would be better. I can make a good salsa, but my meringues tend to end up chewy in the middle...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
Harri wrote:If i start a new topic, will you ruin it by spamming also? I think you guys really should try salsa or something.

I prefer salsa to spam. Its hard to get the spam to stay on my nachos...

Knight

Hahaha... :lol:

I just had to laugh at this one...sorry go on.
dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat