Saddness For Children Of The World

Topic locked
Saddness for children of the world May 29, 2012
So many news stories at the moment seem to involve children, whether it's the atrocities in Syria or the fire that killed 13 toddlers in a shopping mall on Doha.

Just awful how many lives are lost at such a young age. Does it make anyone reconsider having children?

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Saddness For Children Of The World May 29, 2012
Children are the ultimate gift to two people who love each other and the ultimate inconvenience to parents that don't. There is no bigger responsibility, and yet a relationship with a child can bear the greatest rewards. Children intuitively know when they are wanted and when they are not. The way that they raised from the cradle will affect the people they will become.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Very true. I just can't imagine the absolute heartache of parents who outlive their children, it's just so wrong and very cruel.

In that Doha fire triplets from one family were lost, just so awful.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Heart breaking Chocs. Ones mind cannot imagine the pain.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

No, the news stories don't make me reconsider having children - quite the contrary. I find that children bring joy into the world and literally are our future.. it is our job to love, protect and provide for them - and the deaths of children around the world (most children dying around the world are doing so because of preventable diseases and human negligence) should spur us on to improve the world.

Also, the joy they give us (and their grandparents and extended families) is a great source of 'food for the soul' when we hear the tragic accounts of young souls taken from this world.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nice post Shaf, and yes it gives people lots to think about. Although I do sometimes look at those who would be our 'future' and look on in dispair.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sadness only has one 'd'. I hope that doesn't p*ss you off.
IOU
BANNED

Re: Saddness For Children Of The World May 30, 2012
Makes me reconsider dropping them off at dodgy daycare centres.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat