Is It Right???

Topic locked
is it right??? Jul 09, 2009
Hi all:

I wana share with u somethng happened with me yester.
I was n the car with brother and he parked the cae aside from a building (its not blockng any cars 2 pass)to get seomthng from grocery,,, then policeman came around and he stared at the car 2 c who is n inside i didnt do anythng just didnt pay attention.. he loked at me but didnt make any sign so i was quiet..then at a sudden he opened the door(driver door) and iu found his half body in the car near me and he was like do u drive!! for me i was shocked, i mean wen its quiet and at sudden soemone opens a door without any signals,, so i stared at him and said yes,, the he replied ok move the car..

the thng that shocked was his behavior i mean u c that a lady is in the car howcome u open teh door and enter like this and the i thought that he could wait for the driver to come and talk 2 him..

so i need ur comments,, i dont feel that it was from his right 2 do this move.

silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
Did you slide your window down when he came by? Secondly you did park in a non designated area, an offense.

But maybe he did'nt see you. You on dark tint?

Without a doubt if he had indeed seen you sitting in the car then it was unethical on his part. Henceforth lock all doors when sitting idle in the passenger seat.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
what a pity
fukui
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 09, 2009
no i didnt put down the window. and it wasnt dark,, he knew that there is agirl in the car.

he could knock the window..
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
You are right SILENT. Its too strange.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 09, 2009
Well you should've lowered ur window. Simple Ethics!

And the cop? Wonder what was on his mind. I guess it's best to just forget this whole incident. Next time do lock all doors and yea should a cop pass by, especially if ur in a non designated area, than do lower your window and extend some courtesy!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
ya its ok i mean just i wanted 2 share this..
but u know here its known that wen they c a lady n the car they shouldnt com 2 i mean locals of police coz they have this conservative for their women..
Once i did an accident and the police barely looked at me he knocked the window and talked to me even he didnt ask me 2 get out of the car..

but ya its ok i'm living to learn
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
Hi Silent,

No offence meant..... but frankly I don't understand whats gonna happen to you if a man (that too a cop in uniform) just look at you and ask you to move a wrongly parked car!!!!!!!!!!
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 09, 2009
Silent, no he should not have got into the car with you. Most of these police officers are not local, they are Yemeni. He could have just asked you to move the car, getting in with you was very strange behaviour indeed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 09, 2009
you should have taken hos ID number and complain about him to the police !
Petra Man
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 09, 2009
i guess u were parked in a wrong area and blocking the traffic. I also guess he had a bad day and was tired of his work and of the temperature and how he has to deal with un-coperative ppl in dubai, who think they can just park on the road while they shop and block the traffic behind them.

sorry but i dont like ppl who park on the side of the road to go to an ATM machine or to a shop.

you should thank your lucky stars he didnt do anything else.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
gcarlin37 wrote:Hi Silent,

No offence meant..... but frankly I don't understand whats gonna happen to you if a man (that too a cop in uniform) just look at you and ask you to move a wrongly parked car!!!!!!!!!!

i dont have any problem f he looked at me and asked me to move the car but he didnt do this i just found his half body in my car!!!
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
Petra Man wrote:you should have taken hos ID number and complain about him to the police !

no plz i'm not of these kind of ppl to make thngs go bigger..i will have a headache from them and i dont want this
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:i guess u were parked in a wrong area and blocking the traffic. I also guess he had a bad day and was tired of his work and of the temperature and how he has to deal with un-coperative ppl in dubai, who think they can just park on the road while they shop and block the traffic behind them.

sorry but i dont like ppl who park on the side of the road to go to an ATM machine or to a shop.

i know that it was a mistake for the worng park but it didnt coz any damage or blocking or traffic. u know i dont have any problems if he knocked the door or waited for my br to come and give him penalty at this point its his right.
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Silent, no he should not have got into the car with you. Most of these police officers are not local, they are Yemeni. He could have just asked you to move the car, getting in with you was very strange behaviour indeed.
exactly coz wen the door was opened i thought its my br and then found a different creature:) but it passed
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 11, 2009
silent wrote:
rudeboy wrote:i guess u were parked in a wrong area and blocking the traffic. I also guess he had a bad day and was tired of his work and of the temperature and how he has to deal with un-coperative ppl in dubai, who think they can just park on the road while they shop and block the traffic behind them.

i know that it was a mistake for the worng park but it didnt coz any damage or blocking or traffic. u know i dont have any problems if he knocked the door or waited for my br to come and give him penalty at this point its his right.

You will probably find that a fine has also been levied against the vehicle registration number. They are real hot these days on bad parking, I hope your Bro. learns a lesson by this. As to the Cops behavior a little forward I would say.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat