Rewards For Sponsorships.

Topic locked
Rewards for sponsorships. May 22, 2007
Since it is quite difficult finding sponsors for a racing program in Europe and USA I thought I might try with giving a reward!

There are really many people on this site who are well connnected. And todays motorsport is all about contacts.

So people out there. For any sponsorships any one can bring to my racing career there is a 25% finders fee

Total budget required for 2008 is 2 million €

Or 2007 is 150.000 € per race.

Commision/Finders fee is included in budget.
PM me for further details or brochure request

Come on girls and guys.. Help me here :D

thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

May 22, 2007
Wow... some people would call such kickbacks unethical.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 22, 2007
Some people call motorsport dangerous and?
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

May 23, 2007
But are you any good?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 23, 2007
I Hate talking about myself. But yes I believe I am, and finding the right sponsor I will also be able to show it.
However this is a text I copied from www.creationsport.com You can find it yourself in the archieved news from June - September 2006.

Creation has recently tested 29-year-old Dane Tomas Serwin, a protégé of Tom Kristensen, with a view to his inclusion in the driver line-up. Despite performing outstandingly at the Snetterton test, a family business commitment unfortunately prevents him from being able to race this weekend. His name is, however, likely to be linked with Creation in the future. Ian Bickerton explains why. “He’d never been to Snetterton before, hasn’t driven competitively for nearly a year, never driven a prototype, used carbon brakes or a paddle shift, and he pretty quickly got to within two seconds of Nic’s time. As people who know me will tell you I’m not easily impressed, but this guy did it for me. We are definitely talking to him about all our future plans.”
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Re: Rewards for sponsorships. May 23, 2007
thomasserwin wrote:So people out there. For any sponsorships any one can bring to my racing career there is a 25% finders fee

Total budget required for 2008 is 2 million €

Or 2007 is 120.000 € per race.

Come on girls and guys,

Is 25% calculated from the total required budget? How? :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Rewards for sponsorships. May 23, 2007
In the 2008 season it is. But for the races in 2007 you need to add 25% or even more..
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

May 23, 2007
Hello I am back after a while away. Anyway, do you have a motorsport agent? If so who? Have you discussed sponsorship with them?
If you kneed an agent let me know and I can put you in touch with a UK based agent. As for the backhander comment, its called commission!
I think!!
Regards
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

May 24, 2007
Hey. No I do not have an agent. This is because they normally charge you for getting them to help.

Not many agent dea with success fee.

but you are more than welcome to introduce him if you think he I any good :-)

I think you can call it both commision and finders fee.
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Jun 07, 2007
thomasserwin wrote:Hey. No I do not have an agent. This is because they normally charge you for getting them to help.

Not many agent deal with success fee.

but you are more than welcome to introduce him if you think he I any good :-)

I think you can call it both commision and finders fee.
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Dec 19, 2007
We are now offering a documentary program for television. A 6-8 part 30 minute series (180 minutes to 240 minutes as well
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Dec 21, 2007
thomasserwin wrote:We are now offering a documentary program for television. A 6-8 part 30 minute series (180 minutes to 240 minutes as well

First time I have caught this post...

Normal commission rate for motorsport sponsorship is only 21%. You are psobably whistling in the wind trying to get anything from this part of the world. Look at the history of Formula A and the relationship with Bernie Ecclestone over the years and you will realise they are only interested in locally grown talent.

A weekend spent at either the Dubai Autodrome or the Bahrain Grand Prix Circuit will indicate the popularity of live motorsport. A club meet with a round of the International GM V8 Lumina Challenge at Bahrain attracted a staggering audience...of 8 people!

And they were American tourists who had got lost!

Best of luck!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 02, 2008
Well maybe so, but looking at the biggest sponsor deals made in 2007 are all companies from UAE. so the interest is there. This does not have to be the interest of motorsport but the interest for the power of advertising via motorsport.

Dubai Knight wrote:
thomasserwin wrote:We are now offering a documentary program for television. A 6-8 part 30 minute series (180 minutes to 240 minutes as well

Normal commission rate for motorsport sponsorship is only 21%. You are psobably whistling in the wind trying to get anything from this part of the world. Look at the history of Formula A and the relationship with Bernie Ecclestone over the years and you will realise they are only interested in locally grown talent.

A weekend spent at either the Dubai Autodrome or the Bahrain Grand Prix Circuit will indicate the popularity of live motorsport. A club meet with a round of the International GM V8 Lumina Challenge at Bahrain attracted a staggering audience...of 8 people!

Best of luck!

Knight
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Jan 02, 2008
thomasserwin wrote:Well maybe so, but looking at the biggest sponsor deals made in 2007 are all companies from UAE. so the interest is there. This does not have to be the interest of motorsport but the interest for the power of advertising via motorsport.

Dubai Knight wrote:

Best of luck!

Knight

The companies sponsoring foreign motorsports, such as Emirates or Mubadala, are all partially government companies. I can bet you they sponsor these foreign teams on the whims of some top official who wants to jump on the bandwagon of international publicity, and could care less about sports they've never heard of. The man on the street here doesn't even know what LeMans is, so those government officials won't either, even if you can reach the right people.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 02, 2008
Then both the company/or goverment and the team fits perfect.
The team is happy as long as they get their fundings

gtmash wrote:
thomasserwin wrote:Well maybe so, but looking at the biggest sponsor deals made in 2007 are all companies from UAE. so the interest is there. This does not have to be the interest of motorsport but the interest for the power of advertising via motorsport.

Dubai Knight wrote:

Best of luck!

Knight

The companies sponsoring foreign motorsports, such as Emirates or Mubadala, are all partially government companies. I can bet you they sponsor these foreign teams on the whims of some top official who wants to jump on the bandwagon of international publicity, and could care less about sports they've never heard of. The man on the street here doesn't even know what LeMans is, so those government officials won't either, even if you can reach the right people.
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Jan 02, 2008
thomasserwin wrote:Then both the company/or goverment and the team fits perfect.

What you need is some local guy, with a last name like Al Tayer, Al Rostamani, Bin Hendi or something like that on your team... give them a car, a racing suit, and the odd gig... and you'll have all the funding you ever wanted.
^ian^

Jan 02, 2008
YES!! And where do I find him?

^ian^ wrote:
thomasserwin wrote:Then both the company/or goverment and the team fits perfect.

What you need is some local guy, with a last name like Al Tayer, Al Rostamani, Bin Hendi or something like that on your team... give them a car, a racing suit, and the odd gig... and you'll have all the funding you ever wanted.
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

Jan 02, 2008
thomasserwin wrote:YES!! And where do I find him?

^ian^ wrote:

You want me to negotiate the deal too?
^ian^

Jan 02, 2008
Well if you can then yes!

uote="thomasserwin"]YES!! And where do I find him?

^ian^ wrote:

[/quote]

You want me to negotiate the deal too?[/quote]
thomasserwin
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat