Request To All The Forum Members

Topic locked
Request to all the forum members Feb 21, 2010
On 17 March 2009 my sister, an aspiring fashion student was on her way to her last university class. Some of the roads in RAK are most dangerous in UAE as there are u -turns in two lane 120+ kph roads. My sister was driving on E11 road just before emirates Rd in RAK, one guy mistimed the U-turned and collided head-on with my sister's car. My sister didnt have enough time to brake and hit a tree probably at 100 km/hr just 20 metres from the u-turn. My sister had the habit of wearing seat belts but this time she didnt and she was thrown out and luckily was still alive.

I received a call from Saqr hospital nurse (apparently my sister was conscious enough to provide the number)
I rushed to hospital she was in shock murmuring what happened to me and I asked docs they told me she has injury on her head and damage to liver. The docs were lackadaisical i have seen in my life -easy and carefree. It took 4 clueless docs to operate on my sister and when I heard they were operating on her stomach I had a feeling they would mess up. After 4 gruelling hours of waiting one doctor came up with a smiling face, I thought it had been successful, on enquiring him he just said without any sympathy "Your sister lost lots of blood, she would not probably survive." I stood there for a minute trying to digest his statements and the apathy from the surgeon.

Nothing has gone our way and during the verdict they mentioned it was the fault of my sister.We hired attorney and found the police didnt bother to check the evidence . The culprit said he hit the rear of my sister's car but there wasn't any damage to rear side of my sister's car.

The main issue is many accidents occured in the same turn and the year before 10 people were severly injured in the u-turn. I lost my little sister in an accident and dont want others to go through what my family has been through.

I recently posted a petition in order to close the u-turns on E11 here - http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/close-uturns . All petitions will be forwarded to Ministry of transportation.

To keep updated with developments please read www.ripsister.com and please spread the word of petition.

precious_life
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Request to all the forum members Feb 22, 2010
I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. It's amazing that where to place the blame was so important at a time like that.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

I have signed the petition.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Request to all the forum members Feb 22, 2010
Thx Bora for signing
precious_life
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat