DF Probability Analysis

Topic locked
DF Probability Analysis Oct 14, 2006
Find out the Probability of meeting a DF member out of the blue. Exceptions are those in love or stayin together or working in at the same place.

I'm doing a thesis on the topic 'probability of meeting DFs in daily life' , in some weeks, and will update everyone on the go.
Meanwhile everyone please help me by posting in this thread if u've met or if u meet someone from DF by chance(u can also include organized chance) . Its just a first step to find out a real connection between most happening places and Dubai Forum Members. Also to solve the mystery behind some of the missing DF members. like HP, 175 Laban to name a few.

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 14, 2006
met nick and angi on thursday
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 14, 2006
We work in the same street still dont meet.. i think u take extra care to make sure that we both done meet m8 :)

nick and angi on thursday
where and how? had u met them before .?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 14, 2006
preplanned, have met nick before angi first time
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 14, 2006
I've met quite a few DFrs by chance out and about...

Constantine (always near Zara at MOE, so perhaps not by chance)
ESteve
Nick81

just to mention a few off the top of my head.

We just walk by each other, slight little nod of recognition and keep on going about our business. :D :D :D :D
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 14, 2006
my second home is ZARA(when i do get out of my dungeon where i am kept at bay with promises of putrid meat)...

met Ian and scarlet a few times at MOE...

X and concord are neighbours...have yet to bump into them

seen X a couple of times at MOE...

Fayz is my flatmate

Corcovado works in the same place as me...

cargirl is very near where i work...

meet dubai knight and his crew almost every alternate weekend...

wafaey is in dubai knights crew

so its not really probability...its actually the fact that i do like meeting the peeps...haha

:wink:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 14, 2006
its a question of probability only if u belong to a group, in this case the DF and u meet ppl only at get togethers.
raidah

Oct 14, 2006
raidah wrote:its a question of probability only if u belong to a group, in this case the DF and u meet ppl only at get togethers.

if he means probability = chance meeting...then the above statement aint correct...as a chance meeting would be unplanned and impromtu...

which would be my chance meeting with Ian...so yes i guess i have had an encounter of the third kind...not that i am calling ian an alien or anything...though his taste in shoes and TV SHOWS are suspect :P
constantine

Oct 14, 2006
constantine wrote:
raidah wrote:its a question of probability only if u belong to a group, in this case the DF and u meet ppl only at get togethers.

if he means probability = chance meeting...then the above statement aint correct...as a chance meeting would be unplanned and impromtu...

which would be my chance meeting with Ian...so yes i guess i have had an encounter of the third kind...not that i am calling ian an alien or anything...though his taste in shoes and TV SHOWS are suspect :P

well yeah, but according to him, organized chance is also included.

what might be interesting to know is what is the probability of meeting without any planning a DF member in dubai, whether u know it or not, in other words how many of the population of dubai is DF member.
anyway, sain ppl stay out of DF :lol:
raidah

Oct 14, 2006
Ok, for those you mentioned:

175bpm - you would have to fly to an Island in the Virgin Islands/West Indies (is that where you are?) to find him

HP - no buggar knows where the hell he is, but we think he is here under a different handle!

Liban - no more on here.

If you are looking for the above 3, you will have a long and fruitless search.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 14, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Ok, for those you mentioned:

175bpm - you would have to fly to an Island in the Virgin Islands/West Indies (is that where you are?) to find him

yeah was in dubai for 2 years 6 months ago

only people i have met are jamal and ish

also one member worked with me at the burj but she doesnt post anymore
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 14, 2006
You cooked my "skinheads on a raft" yet? :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 14, 2006
yorky500 wrote:You cooked my "skinheads on a raft" yet? :lol: :lol:

done :wink:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 14, 2006
Top dollar. How did you spice them up? :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 14, 2006
jerk season 8)

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, stir together the dried onion, thyme, allspice, ground black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Coat meat lightly with oil, then rub seasoning onto meat.
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 14, 2006
lol..i havent met anyone from this forum....i onli talked to X.. on the fone for a short time..but thats it
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 14, 2006
If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there does it make a noise?

We all know about that... but in relation to your "thesis", unless we later find out that someone is a DF member (and the likelyhood of us "seeing" someone earlier and then recognizing them as a DF member has the probability of "minus infinity"). The most likely "chance" is that a person met a "DF Member" and then "runs into him/her [which has happened to me]. Based on the above, don't go changing your "thesis" to your advisor as I already informed the advisor of your screwed up method! Try "under water basket weaving" as I never met a PHD in that field. All the best...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 14, 2006
Hmm met quite a few members but I guess the only 2 I met by pure coincidence are Ian and Scarlet in my building's lobby :lol:

anyway:

Jeev + Ange = corrupted by yours trully... Now addicted to sheesha :lol:

Raidah = no comment as I would just attract Arnie's attention :P

MaaaD = my partner in crime. We think alike. Nuf said. 8)

Prettypenny = Still waiting for me to write something about Barcelona... Hopefully next time we meet I'll give her a full powerpoint presentation :P

Well I think this sums it up. I met of course a lot more but I just listed those I met outside the DF meetings/events... Hopefully there'll be many more! Just a way to show to those that kinda get the wrong idea when joining the forums and facing all the trolls and jacka$$es, that DF is still a way to make some great friends and have some good times in Dubai!
Nick81

Oct 15, 2006
I wish my thesis was that interesting.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 15, 2006
i guess im to ghetto to meet any of the forum members by chance .. since they all high rollers.

me in the hood ... them in the suburbs .. probability of a coinsidence meetin is 0 ...
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:lol..i havent met anyone from this forum....i onli talked to X.. on the fone for a short time..but thats it

u taked to X on phone and online......mmmmmmm
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 15, 2006
stop gettin all emotional man...

wats ur number ill give u a call :lol:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:lol..i havent met anyone from this forum....i onli talked to X.. on the fone for a short time..but thats it

u taked to X on phone and online......mmmmmmm

hahahaha..how do u knw that :P
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 15, 2006
For all those who had a doubt, yea I mean meeting someone out of a blue. which means u may have met them before.
Now how to find out.. whether or not a DF member.. Well i think i'm gonna look for some methods. For the probabilty part, someone mentioned abt -ve probability, I remember very very well that my big maths ma'm used to teach me that Probability can always b between 1 and 0
According to the probability theory,
The probabilityof meeting a DF member occurs given that its known that that I or you or who ever is posting is a party to the Chance of meeting is the conditional probability of meetign DF members given Thread poster.

Now that a lot of us know some places like Zara's and MOE where there's more probability of meeting the DF members, our random variable value must change. and the probability increases :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 15, 2006
how about you wearing an "I am a DF member!'' shirt? :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 15, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:how about you wearing an "I am a DF member!'' shirt? :?

True i was gonna make another thread for interesting memorabilia suggestions, DF T -Shirts,or DF - Hugs for free T-shirts or bands or badges or some sort of things that would help identify any DF er.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat