Please Help - Found A Budgerigar

Topic locked
Please help - found a budgerigar Jul 01, 2006
We have found a green, very tame budgerigar in the Gardens/Jebel Ali Village area. It was tapping on the window for ages and we were worried it was suffering from the heat so have let it inside, and it's now in a very large cardboard box (plenty of ventilation) with water and some seeds.

If you have lost a budgie - or know someone who has - or would like a budgie as a pet, please get in touch. We're not allowed to keep pets here - given the way they "dealt with" the feral cats (many of whom were tame, lovely animals) I dread to think what they will do withy this poor budgerigar :( :( :(

Please email secretdubai AT gmail.com if you can help.

secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 01, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:mmmmmmmm....if only it were a bit bigger and fatter! :violent3:

Dave its not nice to be thinking about eating people's pets.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 01, 2006
what did they do with the feral cats ? :?:

nice birdy i hope it finds a good home
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 01, 2006
budgies are so cute i once had two but they were blue in color they multiplied to 8 and after 2 years they multiolied to 36!!

i went and gave them all to the local animal market.

word of advice the budgie will not survive without a partner u know they are called love birds as well.

from the pic i can see that the budgie is female u need to get a male partner for her lolz

a female budgie has a white nose and a male has a bright blue nose and if their noses turn red like a rash they are in the mating mood which usually happens in spring.

ne ways u can give it to the local animal market the ppl over there will take it happily coz i think hey sell budgies for 60 to 65 dhs a pair.
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 02, 2006
Whatever it was shoot it between the eyes next time you see it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 02, 2006
xibit wrote:budgies are so cute i once had two but they were blue in color they multiplied to 8 and after 2 years they multiolied to 36!!

i went and gave them all to the local animal market.

word of advice the budgie will not survive without a partner u know they are called love birds as well.

from the pic i can see that the budgie is female u need to get a male partner for her lolz

a female budgie has a white nose and a male has a bright blue nose and if their noses turn red like a rash they are in the mating mood which usually happens in spring.

ne ways u can give it to the local animal market the ppl over there will take it happily coz i think hey sell budgies for 60 to 65 dhs a pair.

Oh no! We appear to have a budgie breeder on the forum!

How tweet!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 03, 2006
Do you still have it ??

I have a cousin in the Meadows who is an animal lover.
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 05, 2006
Thanks for all the advice! Very useful - I'm so new to this.

I've had quite a few home offers, only problem is that I'm falling in love with it :(

However I have to get it to the vet this weekend, it's very perky, but the missing feathers on one side of its head need to be looked at (feather mites/lice?)
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat