Over Running A Red Light

Topic locked
over running a red light Apr 17, 2010
i entered the r/a and the first signal was green so i didnt notice the next one and over ran it, braked quickly and reversed back in.. what kind of fine am i looking at here,

aneesh
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: over running a red light Apr 17, 2010
aneesh wrote:it was in clock tower roundabout at around 5am, i entered the r/a and the first signal was green so i didnt notice the next one and over ran it, braked quickly and reversed back in.. what kind of fine am i looking at here,

Jumping a Red Light is Dhs 800.00 fine, 8 Black Points and Vehicle confiscation for 15 days.

http://www.dubaimoves.com/8700/dubai-traffic-fines/
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

you are lucky u arent in Qatar, the fine there is a few thousand riyals (same as dhs) + impounding
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

i read somewhere they might refer to the court/ jail time etc,,is it true?? anyone else involved in a similar case
aneesh
Dubai Forum Guest

No, no court. As Sage said 800 Dhs fine and they'll impound your car for 15 days - I've done that!

But only if you got caught, if there was no camera or police around, would worry about it. You can check on the traffic website. www.dxbtraffic.gov.ae got to online services, then traffic fines and payment enquiry. You enter your plate details and it will tell you if you have any fines.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:But only if you got caught, if there was no camera or police around, would worry about it.

HUH???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I have a friend who has been living here for some time and apparently long ago you had to wait 10-15 seconds still after the light went green because people kept running red lights
MethoD
Dubai Forums Frequenter

if the police car didnt see you, you are safe. Also if there was no CCTV camera the police use then again you are safe. CCTV cameras are usually on top of a building.

you mentioned clock tower, I assume there is a CCTV camera there somewhere because clock tower is a traffic clog area etc etc but i dont know which side you were at.

So if its bothering you so much i suggest you go there and look in the sky to see if theres a CCTV camera looking down at the RA.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:if the police car didnt see you, you are safe. Also if there was no CCTV camera the police use then again you are safe. CCTV cameras are usually on top of a building.

you mentioned clock tower, I assume there is a CCTV camera there somewhere because clock tower is a traffic clog area etc etc but i dont know which side you were at.

So if its bothering you so much i suggest you go there and look in the sky to see if theres a CCTV camera looking down at the RA.

Or better yet, it he looks real hard in the sky he may be able to see a satellite. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

aneesh wrote:it was in clock tower roundabout at around 5am, i entered the r/a and the first signal was green so i didnt notice the next one and over ran it, braked quickly and reversed back in.. what kind of fine am i looking at here,

I would not worry about it. Did you see a flash? Those roof top CCTV's are not synchro with the traffic lights.
Don't worry about them, worry about these highly visible boxes on red light crossings.
capsicum
BANNED

bora i think you are mistakin UAE with the USA ;)

i dont think there are boxes which flash on the clocktower!! I do know that there are CCTV cameras there looking at the traffic but in order to catch someone had to be awake at 5am and he was watchin the screen when you went over the light ;)

they usually give you a call too, like sunny care to pop down to the local cop shop, if that hasnt happened to you YET, i would presume you are safe!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

If Inspector Knacker of Deira has not called you, they may have reviewed the CCTV and decided you didn't cross the junction illegally because you stopped and reversed back into place like a good boy.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

he must have jumped the light thinking hes in india/pakistan thinking no1 is watching :D but then he suddenly woke up and realised hes in dubai :D

aneesh this aint india ;) where there are laws :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: over running a red light Apr 18, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:But only if you got caught, if there was no camera or police around, would worry about it.

HUH???

'Wouldn't' obviously a typo - eish woman!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

AFAIK I know there arn't any flashers on that R/A signal. And hopefully there wern't any unmarked cars aswell.

Check in afew days time if you get a fine with a red highlight that you can't pay online then it could be a bugger. Traffic court only if you jumped the signal and caused a serious crash.

Becarefull next time
desertdudeshj

there was no flashers there, im worried about the cctv's on top of buildings
aneesh
Dubai Forum Guest

No worries.i did it once at the same place i.e Clock tower.No flash,no camera.......and no fine...cheers :lol:
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

CCTV are not used for such things, unless footage needs to be seen to solve a dispute
desertdudeshj

Re: over running a red light Apr 19, 2010
Mind you we do have a couple of Police Osifers on here so I am sure they are scrutinizing the footage as I type.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: over running a red light Apr 19, 2010
sage & onion wrote:Mind you we do have a couple of Police Osifers on here so I am sure they are scrutinizing the footage as I type.

They can scrutinize all day, they won't catch any body jumping a red light in a case like this, traffic lights have to be synchronised with a radar which triggers a camera and a flash to take a picture of the licence plate. A rooftop camera cannot do that, only to monitor and record the traffic in case of accidents or PDA's.
On another note, backing up after jumping a red light does not erase the violation, it would be like putting back on the shelf something after getting caught shoplifting. Too late and busted!
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

undefined Apr 23, 2015
R/A signals are functioning very bad. I hope police don't care , but they have to keep their eyes open to see violations.
Marl
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Over Running A Red Light Nov 28, 2015
i crossed the red signal in quran round about sharjah ,i checked online there is fine of 800 ,in order to avoid vehicle confiscation ,how much is the extra fine do i need to pay ,how many black points are there,kindly reply as soon as possible

--- Nov 28, 2015 ---

riyadali
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat