New US $380mn Road Plan For Dubai

Topic locked
New US $380mn road plan for Dubai Apr 26, 2009
Three new road and bridge building projects worth US $380 million (AED1.4 billion) to improve traffic flow in Dubai have been announced by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).

The projects will “ease traffic considerably,” on three of Dubai’s busiest roads, said HE Mattar Al Tayer, RTA chairman and executive director, yesterday.

HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, endorsed the plans and called for swift construction meeting all deadlines.

Work includes widening Al Khail Road from four lanes to six, building underpasses on Al Wasl Road and changing the Trade Center roundabout to a signal junction with flyovers.

The news comes a few days after the RTA announced major infrastructure plans including 95 new interchanges, nine ring roads and 70 new pedestrian crossings.

The Trade Center project, costing US $188 million, will involve building exits from Zaabeel 2 Road to Sheikh Zayed road towards Abu Dhabi and right turns and u-turns at all approaching junctions.

Al Tayer said the RTA is currently undertaking construction of flyovers linking the Western Parallel Road, just before Zabeel Road 2, and Sheikh Zayed Road near the Al Qattaiyat junction.

“Therefore it provides a direct link between Al Garhoud Bridge and the Western Parallel Road,” he said.

Traffic will be diverted from Al Diyafa Road towards Immigration Road and from there towards Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Garhoud and Al Maktoum Bridges.

Improvements on an 11km stretch of Al Wasl Road start at the intersection with Al Safa Road and end at Al Manara Road. Four signal junctions will be converted into two-lane underpasses in both directions.

“This project contributes to RTA efforts to enhance the efficiency of the road and improve traffic flow, ultimately slashing the transit time,” Al Tayer said.

Work is due to take 14 months and will begin in the last quarter of this year, he said.

Work to widen Al Khail Road and improve the intersection with Umm Suqeim Road has been reduced to 13 months, to be completed at the same time as other infrastructure works taking place.

http://www.constructionweekonline.com/a ... for_dubai/

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 26, 2009
Great!!!!
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 26, 2009
thats a relief.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 26, 2009
Hmm!!..... that will really work out!!.............
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 26, 2009
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 26, 2009
The more roads the better, it will only make our life easier.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 26, 2009
sage & onion wrote:The more roads the better, it will only make our life easier.

for how long have you been here sage ?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:The more roads the better, it will only make our life easier.

A long time
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 26, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

A long time

for some reason you don't seem to be much effected or worried of what you read and hear here !! or is it you got use to it ?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

A long time

for some reason you don't seem to be much effected or worried of what you read and hear here !! or is it you got use to it ?

I have lived through several economic downturns / upturns whilst being resident in the UAE, so lets wait and see what happens with this one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
This is great news. Look forward to those new roads and lanes.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

A long time

I have lived through several economic downturns / upturns whilst being resident in the UAE, so lets wait and see what happens with this one.

Wow, thats great. I wonder why the world still spins. :?

Of course this will pass and return to normal. Just don't forget that instability and corrections are part of a balancing act in a system of processes everywhere. Everything passes, but this creates opportunity. Companies can dispose the non productive workers in times like this and reorganize there corporate structure to get ready for the next upturn cycle in business opportunities.

Its all part of the normal up and down cycles. Boom and Bust. Growth and Recession. Rally and Bear Markets.

This is where the true pioneers come out....and I'm still home without a job. :wink: Not a pioneer I suppose :lol: 8) :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

A long time

Wow, thats great. I wonder why the world still spins. :?

Of course this will pass and return to normal. Just don't forget that instability and corrections are part of a balancing act in a system of processes everywhere. Everything passes, but this creates opportunity. Companies can dispose the non productive workers in times like this and reorganize there corporate structure to get ready for the next upturn cycle in business opportunities.

Its all part of the normal up and down cycles. Boom and Bust. Growth and Recession. Rally and Bear Markets.

This is where the true pioneers come out....and I'm still home without a job. :wink: Not a pioneer I suppose :lol: 8) :lol:

I really have no idea why you chose to reply to my post, but hey, I also really don't care too much either, whatever turns you on.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:I really have no idea why you chose to reply to my post, but hey, I also really don't care too much either, whatever turns you on.

Good for you son. Its an open forum, so people just do what they have to say here. Think about its forum purpose and something will get the bells ringin' again...:?

One way to avoid foreign influence.....just close the blinders and be very quiet so they won't spot you.

ps: You don't have to respond, nor read it. Others will and form their own opinion. You really don't have to. Trust me. 8)
RobbyG

Apr 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I really have no idea why you chose to reply to my post, but hey, I also really don't care too much either, whatever turns you on.

Good for you son. Its an open forum, so people just do what they have to say here. Think about its forum purpose and something will get the bells ringin' again...:?

One way to avoid foreign influence.....just close the blinders and be very quiet so they won't spot you.

ps: You don't have to respond, nor read it. Others will and form their own opinion. You really don't have to. Trust me. 8)

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, my Dad re-appeared
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Good for you son.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, my Dad re-appeared

Finally he reads something he really understands!!!!

WTG Sage (Way-To-Go) 8)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat