Mother's Day?

Topic locked
Mother's Day? Mar 19, 2007
I am wondering why FM radio listeners are greeting their moms for upcoming Mother’s Day. I got very excited, and so I called mom at exactly 00:00 (UAE time) and she was shocked. She said I am dreaming, because its not yet mother’s day back home. :(

I think its mother’s day only in the Middle East (every 21st March). Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers in the Middle East. DG, Zam, Kanelli, S&O’s wife and all wives of male forumers.

We’re celebrating mother’s day every 2nd Sunday in May. For expats forumers, which month do you usually celebrate mother’s day back home? (If you’re celebrating).

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2007
I sent my mum Flowers and some chocolates..she is in England so I used this company : www.interflora.com.

Great service :D and she was happily surprised :)
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2007
Thanks for your thoughtfullness asc! All of us mom's appreciate that very much! Last year I caught onto the Mother's Day here, plus our UK friends celebrate it at the same time. Not used to it being so early....we'll celebrate again in May, ok?

You are dear, and thanks so much!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 19, 2007
Momma DG :oops:

Yes, we will celebrate again in May. :D I think mother's day celebrate throughout the world but on different dates/month depending on its significant (religious or not).

British celebrates mother's day in lent or before easter sunday, there's religious connection. But in the US, if i am not mistaken it started with Julia Howe during the American Civil War or Anna Jarvis? *recalling history*

How about UAE? Why Mother's Day on 21st March? And the rest of the world that celebrates mother's day other than in May?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Mother's Day? Mar 19, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I am wondering why FM radio listeners are greeting their moms for upcoming Mother’s Day. I got very excited, and so I called mom at exactly 00:00 (UAE time) and she was shocked. She said I am dreaming, because its not yet mother’s day back home. :(

I think its mother’s day only in the Middle East (every 21st March). Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers in the Middle East. DG, Zam, Kanelli, S&O’s wife and all wives of male forumers.

We’re celebrating mother’s day every 2nd Sunday in May. For expats forumers, which month do you usually celebrate mother’s day back home? (If you’re celebrating).

Thanks ASC
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2007
V-Man wrote:I sent my mum Flowers and some chocolates..she is in England so I used this company : www.interflora.com.

Great service :D and she was happily surprised :)

Very Good V-Man! Promoting business as usual. :P
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2007
im a mummy's boy so everyday is mother's day lol
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2007
well Im not really affliated with them...just used them once and they delivered on time... 8)

But I think the flowers are dead by now lol
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2007
Bleakus wrote:im a mummy's boy so everyday is mother's day lol

No wonder, pampered boy!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2007
What great son's around here!!! It's great to know that there are some really well trained, smart men on this forum that would make a mom so very proud!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 19, 2007
It depends where you're from. The shops carried Mother's Day goodies for the one now, as we celebrate it in the UK and many European countries. And they'll do it again in a few months time for other countries who celebrate in May.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 19, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
How about UAE? Why Mother's Day on 21st March? And the rest of the world that celebrates mother's day other than in May?

Where are the easterners? Can anyone answer the above q's?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2007
Mothers Day is not on the 21st March. It was March 18th. It's always on a Sunday.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 19, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Mothers Day is not on the 21st March. It was March 18th. It's always on a Sunday.

True for UK, but for easterners they celebrate it on 21st March. I wonder why?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:im a mummy's boy so everyday is mother's day lol

No wonder, pampered boy!

haha ok ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
back at my work, one passenger ask me when is mothers day because weve post a sign saying happy mothers day and my reply to her is i dont have any idea maam. im dumb :(
niceNslow
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat