30 Million Passengers...

Topic locked
30 Million Passengers... Sep 08, 2010
I read that RTA reported 30 Million Metro passengers in the first year. That is an average of over 83K every single day. Seems high. I know of no one who regularly uses the Metro (and many have never been on it - including me).

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: 30 Million Passengers... Sep 08, 2010
Two of my staff use it to get to work every day. They have a season ticket and the price (Karama to Media City and back) is 8Dhs per day.

I drive a similar route and my Salik alone is 16Dhs!

It is making a difference and once they get the rest of the stations and the Green Line open, I think it will start to show true results.

I have been on it twice now and apart from the kinda heavy police presence on the stations and the confusing up and down route you sometimes have to take to get out of a station on the right side of the road, its clean and efficient.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:Two of my staff use it to get to work every day. They have a season ticket and the price (Karama to Media City and back) is 8Dhs per day.

I drive a similar route and my Salik alone is 16Dhs!

It is making a difference and once they get the rest of the stations and the Green Line open, I think it will start to show true results.

I have been on it twice now and apart from the kinda heavy police presence on the stations and the confusing up and down route you sometimes have to take to get out of a station on the right side of the road, its clean and efficient.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Was it crowded?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Not at all.

Plenty of seats, although there were a lot of people sleeping in some of them...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Not at all.

Plenty of seats, although there were a lot of people sleeping in some of them...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

that's what I've heard and the reason the figure seems high to me.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I've used it quite a bit recently, during rush hour and weekend evening it does get busy, and this is now when it opened up it was much less busy plus majority of teh stations still had to be opened, so not of much use. Maybe its possible.

Now trains leave at 5 min intervals from early morning till night ( dunno th eexact timings ! ) And do the math as in how many passengers need to be on every train to hit that mark.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat