BabyDoll wrote:Penny (or peanuts) for your thoughts on getting an MBA:
1) No I dont mean Married But Available !
2) Does it help to climb the corporate ladder here in UAE?
3) Will your company pay more for someone with a MBA?
4) What about a MSc, will you get paid the same as someone with MBA?
5) For those avid (and I dont mean nerds), rate your schools.
6) Are guys intimidated by girls with higher education (such as MBA, PhD). How will this affect the relationship (gf/bf or marriage)
1) If you want to improve and learn more then proceed with the MBA, however hands on trainings and work related workshops help a lot.
2) Not necessarily, but it helps you get an interview. However, most corporations are looking for someone with experience. One of our secretaries was an MBA grad, but we're shocked she didn't know how to send a file using yahoo email & other basic office stuff (e.g writing correspondence, minutes of meetings etc). It became a sudden gossip in our office, then she left the company.
3) Nope. Our company pays higher to skilled & talented people with or without MBA. Some got promoted because of the significant contributions and improvements they've made for the company and most of them don't have MBA paper to show. Some got promoted because of the leadership skills they've shown & shine within the company, regardless of their educational background.
6) I prefer to be with someone who's a mind stimulator.