I'm I Just Been Cynical?

Topic locked
I'm I just been cynical? Oct 06, 2009
I’ve read quite a lot of negative comments on this site since I joined from members stating poor salary offers and others with unpopular changes to terms and conditions of their current employment. Along with this there are the posts about the recession hitting the UAE, do you think employers could be using this as an excuse to justify the above mentioned?

expatwanabe
Dubai Forums Member

Re: I'm I just been cynical? Oct 06, 2009
expatwanabe wrote:I’ve read quite a lot of negative comments on this site since I joined from members stating poor salary offers and others with unpopular changes to terms and conditions of their current employment. Along with this there are the posts about the recession hitting the UAE, do you think employers could be using this as an excuse to justify the above mentioned?

Sure...

Yes they're offering lower salaries and lesser benefits due to the economic slowdown. What else?

But when things pick up, they will be forced to offer better packages to compete with each other for the best talents!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 06, 2009
Well at the moment it's an employers market. With so many people made redundant and desperate for anything they can get, sadly many will accept well below what they and the position are worth.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat