Iceagenow Dot Com

Topic locked
Sep 29, 2009
Canuck,

[1] That is AUGUST 2007.
Why don't you show AUGUST 2009 ? Why 2 years behind?

[2] Why don't you show FEBRUARY 2009 ?

The ice refreezes from October onwards. Ships cut through the North East passage in the 1930s !!

Besides, there has been NO global warming for 10 years according to NASA , not me !!

By the way, www.iceagenow.com also mentions activities of sub-sea volcanoes . They are ignored by many, but at the edge of every tectonic plate , they must have a tremendous sea-heating effect.
Imagine constant ,red-hot pillow lava coming up along many miles of faults in the Earth's crust. ?

The Mid Atlantic ridge runs north under Iceland.

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
First off, appologies for the rainforest comment, must have been one of those brain fart moments ! My badd.

Ok back to work.

Like I said before all this this green schmeen doomsday scenario is just utter nonsense thought up by people with nothing better to do. There have always been dramctic climatic events and changes and they will continue to do so.

The UAE desert was a thriving ocean once ( you can still find fossils of marine creatures in the deep desert. What caused that ? The african sahara was a lush green once, its a desert now what caused that.

These are just cycles of nature and more to do with the sun than anything else.

Agreed quality of air is getting poorer. But ways of purifing it are already underway. from talks of artifical trees to pumping it back into the earth into empty oil wells.

Doomdaysayers just need something to cling on and this green movement is just another crutch.

What I find unbelieveable is the amount of people digesting this trash. The popular Media really has the world nuts in its clasp,
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 29, 2009
I'll leave it for the scientists to guess what is going on. I think my old man put it best when he said "mother earth will look after herself" That does not mean she will look after the people on it though. I know I will live and then I will die. That much I know for sure. lol
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 01, 2009
Canuck,

That is the point !! Scientists disagree !! And it depends who PAYS them !!

He who pays the piper .....calls the tune !!!

The TRUEST saying that ever was !!

Check www.iceagenow.com for climate FACTS!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 01, 2009
From www.iceagenow.com

Antarctic ice growing, not melting

18 Apr 09 – “Ice is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap,” says this article in The Australian.

“The results of ice-core drilling and sea ice monitoring indicate there is no large-scale melting of ice over most of Antarctica, although experts are concerned at ice losses on the continent's western coast.

“Antarctica has 90 per cent of the Earth's ice and 80 per cent of its fresh water.

If Antarctica contains 90 percent of the earth’s ice – and the amount
is increasing – wouldn’t that mean that more than 90 percent of the
world’s glaciers are growing? (As I've been saying all along.)

“East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week's meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown "significant cooling in recent decades".

“Australian Antarctic Division glaciology program head Ian Allison said sea ice losses in west Antarctica over the past 30 years had been more than offset by increases in the Ross Sea region, just one sector of east Antarctica.

“Dr Allison said there was not any evidence of significant change in the mass of ice shelves in east Antarctica nor any indication that its ice cap was melting. "The only significant calvings in Antarctica have been in the west," he said. And he cautioned that calvings of the magnitude seen recently in west Antarctica might not be unusual..............”

See entire article by Greg Roberts
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 01,00.html
Thanks to snowyman in Australia for this link
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat