How Patriotic Are You?

Topic locked
How patriotic are you? Feb 10, 2009
If ever your country goes to war and you get called to do military duty, will you go back to your home country and fight? just a question, list your country, yes/no, justification. this includes women and men and inbetween :lol:

yes - philippines - if we do get invaded that is.

xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 10, 2009
Yes of course. England (UK)
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
Hell no, unless you get near Adelaide.

We have our own natural defences anyway. You can take Darwin, then travel the thousands of kilometres through the crocodiles, snakes, spiders, desert, floods and fires and if you get to Canberra, well, you have have the place.

Seriously though, there is no way I'd join the army if we invaded some other country. Invade us and I suppose I'd have to go and fight. But who's coming all the way to Australia to invade? Plus the Yanks and Brits would take care of us anyway... right... right?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 10, 2009
smoggie wrote:Yes of course. England (UK)

Why? Uk has already natural defences.....the FOOD and their woman :lol: :lol: :lol:
(joking)
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:
smoggie wrote:Yes of course. England (UK)

Why? Uk has already natural defences.....the FOOD and their woman :lol: :lol: :lol:
(joking)

Whoehahaha :D

So true, so true :D :D :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 11, 2009
UK (England) - Yes!

Although I do think they should bring back national service, round up all the hoodie street gangs, train em up and chuck them on the frontline. That would sort them out, in one way or another! Oh and the immigrants too. You want my passport? Bloody well earn it!

The majority of the members of our royal family are military trained and have fought for their country, so everyone else should be willing to do the same.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 11, 2009
England - no! Why should I put my life on the line for Big Oil & Co?
Is Afghanistan and Iraq REALLY a threat to 'our way of life'? - Unless lack of control of another country's resources counts as a threat.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
I'm talking about if the green green grass of home was invaded.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I'm talking about if the green green grass of home was invaded.

Well it never will be invaded will it? Allied with NATO and the US, who would dare and for what purpose?

For forty years 'they' tried to scare the pants off us with that fake communist threat. Now it's the fake Islamic threat.

Are you an immigrant here?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
I'm not after a UAE passport, nor do I sponge off the countries resources without contributing back to it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:UK (England) - Yes!

Although I do think they should bring back national service, round up all the hoodie street gangs, train em up and chuck them on the frontline. That would sort them out, in one way or another! Oh and the immigrants too. You want my passport? Bloody well earn it!

The majority of the members of our royal family are military trained and have fought for their country, so everyone else should be willing to do the same.

I agree! Bring back national service and the short sharp shock!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I'm not after a UAE passport, nor do I sponge off the countries resources without contributing back to it.

Neither do MOST immigrants - despite what the Daily Mail and The Sun may say.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:The majority of the members of our royal family are military trained and have fought for their country.

I just noticed that.

Military trained yes, but I don't class sitting in a helicopter hundreds of miles away from the action (Prince Andrew, Falklands) as fighting for your country. And his dad, sailing around the Mediterranean during WWII, doesn't count either, as far as I'm concerned.

What was Harry's staged trip to Afghanistan all about?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
Del wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:The majority of the members of our royal family are military trained and have fought for their country.

I just noticed that.

Military trained yes, but I don't class sitting in a helicopter hundreds of miles away from the action (Prince Andrew, Falklands) as fighting for your country. And his dad, sailing around the Mediterranean during WWII, doesn't count either, as far as I'm concerned.

What was Harry's staged trip to Afghanistan all about?

Yeah, I agree, they are hardly canon fodder....But their uniforms look nice!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
Germany is already invaded by Turks, for the others they have a lot of forms and aplications prepared so they will surrender 5 meters after crossing the border :shock: :lol: :lol:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:Germany is already invaded by Turks, for the others they have a lot of forms and aplications prepared so they will surrender 5 meters after crossing the border :shock: :lol: :lol:

It's only a good start, my friend. You should wait for Polacks, Romanian, Gypsy and Albanian very soon.

Your soccer squad has been a mix of Polacks, Turks and Germans in the equal proportion...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 11, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
It's only a good start, my friend. You should wait for Polacks, Romanian, Gypsy and Albanian very soon.

Your soccer squad has been a mix of Polacks, Turks and Germans in the equal proportion...

:cry: You are right, even we have them already here, EU thanks!!

Russian and Albanian mafia, prostitutes, drugdealers and so on. :angry5: :angry4: :dontknow:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 11, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:: You are right, even we have them already here, EU thanks!!

Russian and Albanian mafia, prostitutes, drugdealers and so on. :angry5: :angry4: :dontknow:

Tripperbahn is a local product, mate... It's as ancient as Hamburg... and KKK...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat