Fire!!!!

Topic locked
Fire!!!! Oct 20, 2011
Wow, almost burned my kitchen. Had one of those 'healthy' wraps on atoast-r oven and forgot about it for a minute the thing caught on fire! - those things are like cardboard! I had to use a small fire extinguisher but messed up other things...could have been worse.

How you ever been involved in a fire?

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Fire!!!! Oct 20, 2011
Just a hair dryer that went up in flames!!! Fortunately no damage done.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Women ! Last month a certain lebanese lady tried to BBQ in her window on the top floor, ended up with her curtains cathing on fire, the whole building being evacuated and Fire dept being called ! Of all the things in the world I was thinking, please let my new 40" LCD TV make it through this !!!

Must say the response time for the F.Dpt was amazing I'd put it down between 3 to 5 mins.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Like Bora I had a hair dryer that burst into flames one day. I just pulled the plug and all was well, thank God.

I hate fire. It's scarey.

A few years ago (5) my friend's son was involved in a car accident. He lost control of his car, in which there were 4 young people, all under the age of 20. The car spun round and another vehicle hit his car right on the petrol tank and the whole thing turned into a fire ball. All of the kids, plus the driver of the other vehicle, were burned to death.

I feel sick every time I think of it. I can't imagine how my friend feels knowing his son was taken like that.
Bethsmum

Re: Fire!!!! Oct 21, 2011
Where were your hairdies made? - where in China that is :o They are supposed to have a coil which when overheated (before flae) shuts. The hair dryer.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:Where were your hairdies made? - where in China that is :o They are supposed to have a coil which when overheated (before flae) shuts. The hair dryer.

Bartender! Give me a pint of what the Ambassador's having! :drunken:
Bethsmum

Or maybe Ambassador needs to put down that funny ciggie. :lol:

PS: Microwave: Made in China.

I hope Victoria's Secret doesn't outsource the making of those lovely undies. Until I find out, my motto will be: walk, don't run. I certainly wouldn't want mine to go up in flames!!!! :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat