Fastest Route From Rashidiyah To Rolla At 6:00pm

Topic locked
Fastest Route from Rashidiyah To Rolla at 6:00pm Mar 03, 2009
Takes me 4 bloody hours to get back to Rolla at night, any one sharing any info to help me concerning this will be much appreciated.

Anyway... I'm Adam. How is everyone here? I'm just fine myself thanks. It was nice meeting you all.

Anyone know where I can get Oysters in Sharjah?

Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 04, 2009
you can try either cutting through al mizhar or khawaneej, the latter is only if you have an suv though....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2009
Hehe..

Don't even have a vehicle.

Thanks though.

Nice to see you again Bushra
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 04, 2009
bushra21 wrote:you can try either cutting through al mizhar or khawaneej, the latter is only if you have an suv though....

SUV only for Khawaneej? Does he have to cross a sand dune or something? :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 04, 2009
Take the Airport Tunnel. Go straight through the first 3 lights of Ghusais. Once you hit Sharjah don't go through into it. Get on to the ramp. I think its says Al Khan, Nahda etc etc. It will loop you on to the bridge. Take 2nd exit from the bridge you will endup after Sahara center at the Troy University bridge. DON'T go left towards Al Khan and the Al Khan bridge. Go straight. After the Troy Uni lights. Take a left on the 3rd set of lights. You will pass Sana Fashions on your left and ACE hardware on your right. Then you know your on the right track.

This road will now divert to the right, You have no choice but to go right. TIP : stay in the center lane through out the diversion. Now after zigzagging left and right a few times ( you have no choice you have to follow the road, only small exits for local access) You should end up at a set of lights take left. After a another set of lights you should end up at Kuwait Square ( Etisalat Round about : why the call roundabouts squares is beyond me ? ) take 2nd exit from the R/A and your at Clocktower R/A and from then choose your own way to excatly where in Rolla you have to go.

I live close to Mubarak center (Very close to Rolla ) and use this route comming from Shk Zayed Rd using Biz Bay bridge crossing rashidiya on the way. Its bit longer Lenght wise if you use the Dxb Shj road, but much much faster.

This should cut down your journey time drasctically. Try it out and lemme know if it works for you. Also lemme know if you need more detailed or clarification of the route mentioned above.

Cheers
desertdudeshj

Mar 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
bushra21 wrote:you can try either cutting through al mizhar or khawaneej, the latter is only if you have an suv though....

Any person who has commuted from Sharjah to Dubai and back spending 2-3+ hours of their day going through gridlock traffic and crappy roads in Sharjah would know that sometimes one does have to take shortcuts through dirt-roads per say, that have pot holes.

As soon as you hit your 1000nd post I strongly suggest you visit Dubai and the UAE at least once in your life. :idea:

All things said and done, you would be the first 1000nd post man who hasn't step foot in the emirates :roll:
Relax Robby stranger things have happened . . .
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Fastest Route from Rashidiyah To Rolla at 6:00pm Mar 04, 2009
Purple Complex wrote:Takes me 4 bloody hours to get back to Rolla at night, any one sharing any info to help me concerning this will be much appreciated.

Anyway... I'm Adam. How is everyone here? I'm just fine myself thanks. It was nice meeting you all.

I live in Ajman... it takes me 45 minutes to drive from Rashdia to Ajman...

Try the new Bypass Road (E611) from Rahsdia all the way to Sharjah airport will take you about 30 minutes... hopefully you may need another 15-20 minutes from shj-airport road to Rolla..

best advice.. continue to ajman and approach Rolla from Ajman as traffic is on the opposite direction.
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

yes. it used to be our best route... if you have SUV you can cut through sharjah to Dubai in less than 15mins.. saving you 40mins of traffic on Emirates road..

however, Sharjah police keep blocking the dunes exits with concrete walls :evil: making it impossible to use the khawaneej route anymore
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2009
I also laugh when Robby replies on any post about Sharjah (Dubai) police, routes ets, gluing in monitor with youtube and smoking weed all day...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 04, 2009
As for me I use Emirates Road then turn to highway on Dubai-Sharjah border to Safir Mall, then Al Khan Bridge, turn to the Sharq near a new Nissan show-room and Rolla...

It has neve taken more then 2 hours...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 04, 2009
nice seeing you again too hun :)

robby: yeah, you cut through the desert which takes you right into sharjah (garayen area, next to shj university)

i've never seen it blocked off though quatro...could we be talking about two different places?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2009
bushra21 wrote:nice seeing you again too hun :)

robby: yeah, you cut through the desert which takes you right into sharjah (garayen area, next to shj university)

i've never seen it blocked off though quatro...could we be talking about two different places?

its been two months we stopped using it due to the block... maybe you guys opened it again :p

yes its the garayen area, next to shj university...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2009
well its open hun :)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2009
good news.. thanks
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Re: Fastest Route from Rashidiyah To Rolla at 6:00pm Mar 05, 2009
Purple Complex wrote:Takes me 4 bloody hours to get back to Rolla at night, any one sharing any info to help me concerning this will be much appreciated.

i donno about the rola road as i am living in rashidiya
but i can help in where to buy Oysters in rashidiya :D

many shops located in a small building opposite the police station in rashidiya...selling all the kind of fish and oysters and chrimps :D
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

Alan78 wrote:

many shops located in a small building opposite the police station in rashidiya...selling all the kind of fish and oysters and chrimps :D

oh ewww, i would so not buy anything from those shops --- especially seafood!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:

hahaha why ??? i just knew them last week...and i bought 800gram of chrimps :D

and i am still a live :D but i noticed that there u will find 10's pilipeenoz buying fish
but y dont u advice those shops ??
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

Mar 05, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I also laugh when Robby replies on any post about Sharjah (Dubai) police, routes ets, gluing in monitor with youtube and smoking weed all day...

I'm laughing too, but without the weed. :lol:

The best way to get familiar with the unknown, is to blend in. If you don't have the money (read job) to do that, you dive in as close as you can. Internet works great and video does its job too. Familiarization 101.

Enthusiasm is a great virtue.
RobbyG

Alan78 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:

and i am still a live :D but i noticed that there u will find 10's pilipeenoz buying fish

personal reasons...i just don't feel safe buying stuff, let alone seafood from those kinds of places. ill go to the clean supermarkets thank you very much :)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:

personal reasons...i just don't feel safe buying stuff, let alone seafood from those kinds of places. ill go to the clean supermarkets thank you very much :)

hehehe usually i buy from either the coop. or spynes
but i think u r right... they r not clean shops
as u said ewwww :D
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

Alan78 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:

omg even those places! the seafood section in bin soqat makes me want to vomit, its so atrocious! and the co op is just yuck all around :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Alan78 wrote:

omg even those places! the seafood section in bin soqat makes me want to vomit, its so atrocious! and the co op is just yuck all around :oops:

am fine with them :)
Alan78
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat