Dubai Ruler Among Region's Most Popular On FaceBook

Topic locked
Dubai ruler among region's most popular on FaceBook Aug 06, 2009
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, is now among the most popular public figures on Facebook.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/564023-d ... n-facebook

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 07, 2009
I think this is a great idea. HH also has his own Twitter page aswell. It's a fantastic way for people in high positions to keep in contact with Joe Bloggs on the street, and also a good way for people to get their ideas and opinios across.

The discussion groups on the Face Book fan page are worth a read.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 07, 2009
oh goody now I can tell him about things I dont like in UAE.

on a serious note I wonder if he chats or is it some of his advisors etc.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2009
facebook idea is bad, i dot want him to know things i do and judge me based on stuffs he sees on photos........ that's not the way I am.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 07, 2009
It's a 'fan' page NOT a profile! Although he does have one of those to. Therefore they can't see your profile page.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 08, 2009
he has hired someone to attend to it on his behalf
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 08, 2009
qdabdul wrote:he has hired someone to attend to it on his behalf

I would think that you are correct, mind you I hope it is reviewed from time to time by HH.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2009
qdabdul wrote:he has hired someone to attend to it on his behalf

Well obviously! I would hardly expect him to do that himself.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 08, 2009
wish he would do something about corruption and how some of the government companies are being ripped off.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2009
I know, the government companies have ripped off a fortune from local regional and foreign banks not to mention foreign direct investors, its terrible. Now that the banks have found out and are charging them through the nose to continue lending to them it is putting in jeapordy "The Dream" or is it "A Vision" cant remember all seems a bit delusional to me.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 08, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:I know, the government companies have ripped off a fortune from local regional and foreign banks not to mention foreign direct investors, its terrible. Now that the banks have found out and are charging them through the nose to continue lending to them it is putting in jeapordy "The Dream" or is it "A Vision" cant remember all seems a bit delusional to me.

:S i said government companies are being ripped off not how government companies are ripping others off. Huge difference mate.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2009
Duh, I know what I said. Bullet

But I really don't think you want to go down that road with me - mate

Care to lift the lid on that "Open and Transparent" can of worms ? :)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 09, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Duh, I know what I said. Bullet

But I really don't think you want to go down that road with me - mate

Care to lift the lid on that "Open and Transparent" can of worms ? :)

why don't you tell us ? I'm interested to know things that are not in the news paper or never will be :wink: .
but I didn't get it ,how would the government rips it self off as you said, I mean what did you mean by "the government companies have ripped off a fortune from local regional" or do you mean the construction ones. ? if so then nothing is new, they (many are on trial as we know) for corruption cases.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 09, 2009
He has got his reasons to be !
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 09, 2009
@Kid

This is not the environment for "revealing" specific information of that nature, we have other respected channels in mind.

Construction is one of a number of facets that when combined reveal at best a lack of investment acumen and at worst malfeasance on a grand scale.

And no, I am not some journalist, ticked off at losing my free flights and holidays at The Royal Mirage.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat