Disgusting!

Topic locked
Disgusting! Mar 28, 2008
There are more threads that deserve deletion. Threads that are nonsense and self-serving, no purpose but bullying other members. Deleting a thread that talks about sport (though not a sport that pleases moderators, i guess) mistakenly posted in travel forum is unjust & very rude. It should be moved or transferred instead of deleting.

Antokid, whoever you are. There are filipino forums, I believe. This forum is being moderated by selfish people. This is not a place for us, Filipinos to hang out.

SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2008
Antokid just posts blog spam. Most of it should be deleted.

If you don't like it PINOY OFF!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 28, 2008
Excuse me, Ian. It is not a spam thread, only in the wrong forum. We're having discussion on that thread. How do you consider it a spam?

In fact Antokid replied that he didn't find any sports forum, so he posted the thread in travel forum, which can be transferred/moved right?
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2008
SCY wrote:Excuse me, Ian. It is not a spam thread, only in the wrong forum. We're having discussion on that thread. How do you consider it a spam?

In fact Antokid replied that he didn't find any sports forum, so he posted the thread in travel forum, which can be transferred/moved right?

Either way, it's blog spam. Spam is spam is spam.

Just because it is Filipino spam, doesn't make it any less spam.

Now please feel free to cry racism and poor beaten man syndrome.
^ian^

Mar 29, 2008
If Australia has cricket and so is India, then the Philippines has boxing, bowling and pool. Boxing, bowling and pool are sports that we Filipinos love & enjoy, although those sports are not originally from our country. Just like anyone of you here, we love to discuss sports that we can relate to, that we have somehow contributed to the world in the name of sports. To me, deleting a thread just like that, is misusing an authority given to a moderator. If the thread pisses off the moderator, then at least, he/she can be tolerant, and have some sense of discretion to move the thread to where it should be.

I understand most of you here are cricket lovers and are having lively discussion and exchanges. Did a Filipino in the forum mess up the thread? Have we interfered in your lively cricket discussions? I believe the answer is NO, since cricket is not our sports, but we prefer to stay in the background and be an audience.

Ian, I didn't know why you have to defend a mistake done by a moderator. Most of your posts sound bitter, unless I am wrong.

BTW, providing link be it a blog etc that lead to a discussion is no longer considered a SPAM. Ref: Netiquette.Just like what Antokid did, he provided link to his blog which has several links of news sports.

I didn't even mention about racisms, but you did, then feel free to talk about it, as you wish. I have pointed out a mistake done by a moderator. What's wrong with that? If you've been writing and fighting with moderators previously in the suggestion forum, why can't I?
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2008
Antokid, whoever you are. There are filipino forums, I believe. This forum is being moderated by selfish people. This is not a place for us, Filipinos to hang out.

SCY... I thought thats a racist cry.. Actually it shouldnt've really mattered who posted the thread. So it is you brought up the racist issue.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 29, 2008
It's spam man. Blogspam is still spam.

End of story.

Most of the mods have the IQ of a fungus infection, but they still got this one right.
^ian^

Mar 30, 2008
Thanks for the reply St. L. I’ve spent a year in this forum. How I wish I could post as often as possible, but ample time is too scarce on my hand. I have joined this forum with the intention to have friends and not nemesis. And of course, I cannot deny I have joined the forum with the intention to interact with Filipinos who are in Dubai. If you have noticed, I only post and join in a discussion that I can relate to, other than this, I prefer to stay in the background.

My apology if my post sounded like a racist cry. I felt disappointed the thread I am monitoring is gone. I was too excited to log in and read responses of the thread, only to find out, replies have been deleted.

SPAM is a repetitive nonsense. If certain site or blogs that were being posted that pose interest to some members, then I believe that can be tolerated. In other words, if you are to post links/blogs about cricket, then that can be tolerated, as it pose interest to members who are aficionado of the sport. Antokid has made a post about boxing in a wrong forum. He didn’t post the same topic in all forums that we undeniably admit as spamming. There may be blog links in his posts, but that links actually lead to a discussion. The same thing members did in some of the thread. We’ve started to discuss about the sports especially our very own pacman won the bout. And we are discussing of pacman’s most probable bout. And when I log-in, the thread is gone and has been deleted just because it’s in the wrong forum. We are all aware that this board has function to move thread to its proper forum. If you are in a situation like this, how would you feel? I say, it’s Filipino since it’s a sport we Filipinos would love to talk about in which I believe, most DF members are not interested. But at least, we should remember that Filipinos in Dubai who are members of DF may discuss their sports too even if it’s none of your interest. Do I still have a racist cry?

Looking back, I was reading news about the situation back home and perhaps I got carried away with the never ending bad news about our country, be it politics, economic status etc. I have to say, the country is so mess up right now. As an economic refugee and in times of adversity, hearing news of a compatriot achieving in any fields be it in sports, dancing or singing in an international arena would somehow keep me or us going and alive. Perhaps, I went out of my way and reacted outrageously to the thread that has been deleted about Pacman (who’s a Filipino, the new WBC champ in that category). Or maybe, I should refrain myself to this forum? Goodnight.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 30, 2008
Us pinoys are generally a bit too touchy especially regarding racism issues or what we think might be something racist, to a point that it becomes ridiculous. Well that's just my opinion.

SCY, I suggest try not to be too sensitive about such things. If the mods think it's a spam then repost it in a manner that makes it non-spam-ish.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Mar 30, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:Us pinoys are generally a bit too touchy especially regarding racism issues or what we think might be something racist, to a point that it becomes ridiculous. Well that's just my opinion.

Damn straight, I've never met a touchier bunch. Sure I get the national pride thing (to an extent where I think some Filipinos think because they are Filipino they MUST be proud) but don't take it to extremes.

SCY, I suggest try not to be too sensitive about such things. If the mods think it's a spam then repost it in a manner that makes it non-spam-ish.

Especially Blog spam. You know, spam is in the eye of the receiver... remember that.
^ian^

Mar 30, 2008
Well I never saw the original thread. But I'll be honest, it doesn't sound like it was all that bad...

Were people replying/making posts on boxing? Was there a discussion taking place on Pacquiao's fight here on Dubai Forums - as opposed to another entirely separate site/blog?

Despite links to another blog, was anything meaningful being discussed here?? Because if there was, I would also question why the thread was deleted, considering 90% of the rubbish that is posted here everyday...

I am a big boxing fan, big Pacquiao fan too. Hell, if I had seen the thread then I might have posted my thoughts too...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Mar 31, 2008
SCY wrote:Thanks for the reply St. L. I’ve spent a year in this forum. How I wish I could post as often as possible, but ample time is too scarce on my hand. I have joined this forum with the intention to have friends and not nemesis. And of course, I cannot deny I have joined the forum with the intention to interact with Filipinos who are in Dubai. If you have noticed, I only post and join in a discussion that I can relate to, other than this, I prefer to stay in the background.

My apology if my post sounded like a racist cry. I felt disappointed the thread I am monitoring is gone. I was too excited to log in and read responses of the thread, only to find out, replies have been deleted.

SPAM is a repetitive nonsense. If certain site or blogs that were being posted that pose interest to some members, then I believe that can be tolerated. In other words, if you are to post links/blogs about cricket, then that can be tolerated, as it pose interest to members who are aficionado of the sport. Antokid has made a post about boxing in a wrong forum. He didn’t post the same topic in all forums that we undeniably admit as spamming. There may be blog links in his posts, but that links actually lead to a discussion. The same thing members did in some of the thread. We’ve started to discuss about the sports especially our very own pacman won the bout. And we are discussing of pacman’s most probable bout. And when I log-in, the thread is gone and has been deleted just because it’s in the wrong forum. We are all aware that this board has function to move thread to its proper forum. If you are in a situation like this, how would you feel? I say, it’s Filipino since it’s a sport we Filipinos would love to talk about in which I believe, most DF members are not interested. But at least, we should remember that Filipinos in Dubai who are members of DF may discuss their sports too even if it’s none of your interest. Do I still have a racist cry?

Looking back, I was reading news about the situation back home and perhaps I got carried away with the never ending bad news about our country, be it politics, economic status etc. I have to say, the country is so mess up right now. As an economic refugee and in times of adversity, hearing news of a compatriot achieving in any fields be it in sports, dancing or singing in an international arena would somehow keep me or us going and alive. Perhaps, I went out of my way and reacted outrageously to the thread that has been deleted about Pacman (who’s a Filipino, the new WBC champ in that category). Or maybe, I should refrain myself to this forum? Goodnight.

Hmm I'd also not seen the thread...
but hey post whatever you feel like, if u think deleting it was wrong, fight for your rights.. the right way.. You think it wasnt to be deleted.. shout it out.. try PMing the mods and admins.. Like I said before..
It shouldnt've really mattered who posted the thread, if it had to stay, it has to stay.. talk to the mods who deleted it.. ask it back.. or post the same thread again.. remember, if nothing happens.. get on with it..but fight u must everytime.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 31, 2008
I let it rest, St. L. After questioning on the same thread in the travel forum why the responses have been deleted, my reply from the mod is DELETE button. :( I got this impression that mod/s on the forum is kinda snobbish. I wish I could contribute more in the travel forum, unfortunately I don't travel around the globe.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
SCY wrote:I let it rest, St. L. After questioning on the same thread in the travel forum why the responses have been deleted, my reply from the mod is DELETE button. :( I got this impression that mod/s on the forum is kinda snobbish. I wish I could contribute more in the travel forum, unfortunately I don't travel around the globe.

I find your post here rather strange??????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2008
In my opinion, any sport that can be played by a 25 stone man is a game not a sport.
Hence bowling and darts are 'games'
The fact that 25 stone men generally excel at some of these 'games', also gives weight to that.

Come on, bring the noise.......
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 08, 2008
I believe the post was not deleted due to the sport or topic in question. It was because every new topic post of that guy is a link to his blog, even if it did spur discussion. If I started posting direct links to pages my site in every new topic I posted, I'd be blocked too. So would Ian's.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Disgusting! Apr 14, 2008
SCY wrote:There are more threads that deserve deletion. Threads that are nonsense and self-serving, no purpose but bullying other members. Deleting a thread that talks about sport (though not a sport that pleases moderators, i guess) mistakenly posted in travel forum is unjust & very rude. It should be moved or transferred instead of deleting.

Antokid, whoever you are. There are filipino forums, I believe. This forum is being moderated by selfish people.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

This is not a place for us, Filipinos to hang out.

For once you've hit the nail on the head.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat