I Cried Today..

Topic locked
I cried today.. Jun 27, 2012
i'm not a crier...many around me are.

but today i saw a news clip of a wunded soldier carrying the olympic torch in london...his name is parkinson i believe. breaks your heart and gives you hope in humanity... he sacrificed and suffered/ suffers much, yet he smiles...

one of the reasons i let pettiness roll off...

my salute to him.

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: I Cried Today.. Jun 28, 2012
Inspirational stuff indeed:

I'm reminded of Ali at the Atlanta games - but this is a much bigger effort. Good on him!

Nothing but admiration for our servicemen wounded and fighting out there. For me, the death toll and serious injury toll is too high a price to pay for what has been achieved so far in this long war.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: I Cried Today.. Jun 28, 2012
shafique wrote:Nothing but admiration for our servicemen wounded and fighting out there. For me, the death toll and serious injury toll is too high a price to pay for what has been achieved so far in this long war.

Question is: what has been achieved compared to the loss of those who fought, those who returned disabled?

Any "achievements" have been and will be temporary whereas the lives are gone and those disabled will deal with thwie disabilities for life.

I don't support the so-called wars, but I do support the warriors who are willing to make, and have made, the ultimate sacifice.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: I cried today.. Jun 29, 2012
These men and women are true heroes and an inspiration. Never mind Will.I.Am, I'd like to know how a UAE national who has open hatred for expats, threatens to burn down peoples houses and beat them got to carry the torch for the Para-Olympics. They really do need to look into the background of some people before they let them have anything to do with such events.

--- Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:51 am ---

This is a really sad story.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/dubai ... -1.1041483
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: I Cried Today.. Jun 29, 2012
If you were on twitter, you'd know exactly who I'm talking about! Sad thing is he's half British, yet openly threatens people who have differing views to him. He's a bit of a psycho to say the least.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Go back, read first post = answer.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

European , really? What part of PARA-OLYMPICS is confusing to you?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: I cried today.. Jul 04, 2012
great reason to cry. Do you cry when this soldiers killed and still kill innocent Afghans, their babies and rape their ladies?
sumonht1990
Dubai Forums Member

Re: I Cried Today.. Jul 04, 2012
sumonht1990 ,

Do you cry when it is Afghan-on-Afghan? When the Taliban go into villages and do the same thing to innocent Afghanis? Is forcing a 12 year old girl into marriage to be abused and raped OK with you?

More soldiers have died or were wounded by the Taliban while trying to protect the innocent Afghanis from their own kind - members of the Taliban. The actions you refer to being deliberately committed by soldiers can be counted on one hand and were not premediated but a result of being emotionally and mentally affected by the atrocities by the Taliban committed by them to fellow soldiers. The deaths and rapes of Afghanis at the hands of the Taliban is in the hundreds.

I have read several books by US military servicemen (mostly US Navy Seals) who served in Afghanistan and each book reveals the darker side of what the Taliban is capable of doing to their own people.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

sumonht1990 wrote:great reason to cry. Do you cry when this soldiers killed and still kill innocent Afghans, their babies and rape their ladies?

No. Please send video.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Respect for this guy...!
immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: I cried today.. Jul 28, 2012
I had to cry every day if I cried in such incidents. I have to face more badly incidents everyday. So I have to be a mad if my heart is so soft as you.
sumonht1990
Dubai Forums Member

Re: I Cried Today.. Jul 29, 2012
This seems to be quite a controversial topic, I can only say that my belief and hope for the world is that people of all ethnic and religious backgrounds should live peacefully together, and those who disagree are the ones who create chaos and suffering for everyone.
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat