Crazy People!

Topic locked
Crazy People! May 07, 2006
People here sometimes just make me mad!!! Yesterday I was going to work, as usual I went to my car (parking outside our building). But I found a idoit car parking behind me horizontally (so, he blocked 2 cars). So, first I thought he might be in the deli quickly buy something, so I wait.... after 15 minutes he still didn't come back..... so I was getting angry and didn't know what to do. However, a police (I beleive he's off duty) drove passed me and told me to call 999. So I did, and they told me to called another number, so I did as well... as I was talking giving out the idoit driver number plate, the idiot back....... he was shouting at me about me reporting him.... that was unbelievable, he did not say sorry to me????? instead shouting at me????? I kept on reporting and told the guy on the phone that this guy was shouting at me and gone.

Why are people like this in Dubai? I hope he will get a fine!!!

FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
the same thing happened to a friend of mine and me last thursday. My friend came from sharjah so he parked his car in an open space in Rigga St. and go inot my car to spend the night out. when we got back we found car blocking not only my friend's car but also 2 other cars !! we called the police and waited over an hour !! and during that we kept calling the police like 3 -4 times because I live in there, and i know that there should be a patrol almost every 15-20 minutes. but no sir, not during that day !! anyway after an hour one of the valet parking guys of the hotel on the opposite side saw me so frustrated and came and asked me what's it all about, when I told him what was goign on , he ran into the hotle and brought the keys, of course when i saw that, the blood in my brain was going 100+ in temp. so I said to him, u aren't moving the car untill the police are here !! he ran again to get the manager of the hotel who kept saying sorry !! sorry !!?!? is it for the time wasted, or the frustration !??! my friend was tired and he had to drive all the way back to sharjah
Finally we asked them to move the car and we called the police for the 5th time to say that it is ok now. but what made me frustrated that the valet parking people saw us and made an eye contact a coulpe of times with us and they were unaware of what was goign wrong !! I wish the police had came at least to give them a ticket !! which is another issue, knowing that the police station is only 5 minutes away and taking over an hour without a repsonse was not a nice experience with dubai police. :x
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 07, 2006
FeiPo, even if you have to use a camera phone get a pic of the guy's car there showing his license plate. Send it to the Dubai police and municipality - this helps to ensure he gets what's coming.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
good idea.... i should have taken a picture of the car.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
Hmmm....

The key the car or not to key the car...

JUST KEY THE DAMN THING!!!! :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
What is it with these guys who find it acceptable to block others in, I mean if there's no free parking space, then obviously you can't park there and block others, it makes me angry too.

Sometimes where I work people park behind others cars, but leave the keys in so you can move it if you need to get out, I've been really tmepted to drive their car round the block and hide it! :twisted:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Sometimes where I work people park behind others cars, but leave the keys in so you can move it if you need to get out, I've been really tmepted to drive their car round the block and hide it! :twisted:

If ever I see a Bently or something nice with the keys inside so I can "move it" for them, I'll make damn sure to enjoy myself moving it... :twisted:

SZR at 300kph... Here I come... haha!! :twisted: :twisted:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
Somehow I don't think anyone with a car like that would be dumb enough to leave the keys in Liban.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Somehow I don't think anyone with a car like that would be dumb enough to leave the keys in Liban.

I've seen 2 before chocs and the temptation was nerve wrecking!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
Yikes, really? I couldn't do it, I'd be too scared of bashing it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 07, 2006
Yeah, just outside the restaurant at the bottom of UP tower. Came down and there was a Continental GT sitting behind me. A couple of weeks later had an orange lambo sitting there. The force was strong... I was so tempted.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Somehow I don't think anyone with a car like that would be dumb enough to leave the keys in Liban.

This is Dubai, Choco. Dumbness is a very common thing here... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Yeah, just outside the restaurant at the bottom of UP tower. Came down and there was a Continental GT sitting behind me. A couple of weeks later had an orange lambo sitting there. The force was strong... I was so tempted.

Happens all the time, I often leave the keys in my X-Wing Spacefighter when parked outside Cosmo...no one has nicked it yet, but then Artoo can give a nasty electrical shock when he gets riled...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 07, 2006
I say don't move the car. Just take the keys and return them later (take as long to return them as the time you had to wait for someone to come by before you realized the keys were in the car). Or mail the keys to the municipality (you have the license plate number!). P.S. make sure you are not blocked first!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat