Check This Out

Topic locked
Check This Out Oct 04, 2009
More Kuwaitis marrying foreigners, study reveals

According to the statistics, Kuwaiti men married 37 Jordanian women, 35 Lebanese, 24 Americans, 18 Europeans, 10 Africans, eight Bahrainis, six Yemenis, five Qataris, three UAE nationals, three Palestinians and two Palestinians.

The Gulf

Manama: Asian women have beaten most Arab women to the hearts of Kuwaiti men, a study has revealed.

Kuwaitis still prefer to marry their countrywomen (9,238 marriages), but when it comes to foreigners, Saudi women top the list (297), followed by Asians (199), then Iraqis (147) and Syrians (100), the study of the 2008 marriage tendencies in Kuwait indicated. The findings were published on Sunday by Al Watan daily.

According to the statistics, Kuwaiti men married 37 Jordanian women, 35 Lebanese, 24 Americans, 18 Europeans, 10 Africans, eight Bahrainis, six Yemenis, five Qataris, three UAE nationals, three Palestinians and two Palestinians.

For Kuwaiti women, Saudi men top the list of foreign husbands with 152 marraiges, followed by Asians (52), Egyptians (42), Syrians (27), Qataris (26), Europeans (18), Americans (16), UAE nationals (14), Bahrainis (10), Lebanese (7), Palestinians (7), Jordanians (6), Yemenis (6) and Africans (3).

http://www.gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kuwait/10354538.html

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2009
In an alternate article check this out

Harassed by creditors, desperate mother drowns 11-year-old son

Taylor, 45, became severely depressed when her son's absent father stopped sending her money to pay for James's upbringing and private school fees.

The court heard that both her parents were dead and she had little support. James had never met his father, described as a successful Syrian national who lived in Abu Dhabi.

Taylor had a brief relationship with him in the 1990s. He initially sent her £1,000 (Dh5,851.45) a month in child maintenance and paid for James's private school fees.

http://www.gulfnews.com/world/United_Ki ... 54441.html
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2009
that's nothing in the UAE it seems all Brit expats over 50 marrya Thai or some other southeast asian woman (some look like they may not even be marriage age !). Oh and it seems to be 100%
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Check This Out Oct 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:More Kuwaitis marrying foreigners, study reveals

I assume that the picture is quite different for Europen wives in the UAE. 8) They are so gorgeous, aren't they, student? :wink:

I think the mixed marriages are rather good than bad for nationals. Due to their very tight circle they relate to each other.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 04, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:that's nothing in the UAE it seems all Brit expats over 50 marrya Thai or some other southeast asian woman (some look like they may not even be marriage age !). Oh and it seems to be 100%

:lol: True!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Red Chief wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:More Kuwaitis marrying foreigners, study reveals

I assume that the picture is quite different for Europen wives in the UAE. 8) They are so gorgeous, aren't they, student? :wink:

I think the mixed marriages are rather good than bad for nationals. Due to their very tight circle they relate to each other.

You saying mixed marriages are good? Maybe ......I don't know.
I could'nt quite comprehend ur analogy RC.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2009
considering genetics, mixed marriages are good, cause one from one breed has some kind of genes and anti bacterias, and the other from other breed has diffenet one so the mixed kid will be possessive of two breed's.( I don't know the right words in english, hope I could state it correct!)

and I think people from diff cultures may have more long term happiness, since they may be full of surprises and new things to each other, which is exciting. ( I hope exciting in a good was of course!!)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Misery Called Life wrote:You saying mixed marriages are good? Maybe ......I don't know.
Give us ur analogy on why you think so RC!

I explained but probably not clear. Last two decades inhabitance of UAE burst dramaycally from relatively small community due to 10-12 children in family. So many people are more or less close relatives. Another problem is marriage on very close relatives like causins. That's why gene pool is relatively poor.
The close analogy is Royal Families in Europe in the Middle Ages or nothern people like inuits nowadays.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2009
melika969 wrote:considering genetics, mixed marriages are good, cause one from one breed has some kind of genes and anti bacterias, and the other from other breed has diffenet one so the mixed kid will be possessive of two breed's.( I don't know the right words in english, hope I could state it correct!)

and I think people from diff cultures may have more long term happiness, since they may be full of surprises and new things to each other, which is exciting. ( I hope exciting in a good was of course!!)

Is interesting as sheikh mohza (emirs wife) in Qatar, has warned about dangers of genetic damage through too much interbredding.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2009
In the UAE, 40% of mariages are consanguines. almost one out of two Emirati marry their relatives.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
another fact to spice up your book eh Herve

And is it true 40% of French women don't like shaving their armpits :lol:

Since dubaiforums has been such a good ground for you in terms of grass root marketing, why don't you sell an e-book version of your book.

Let's say 50 dirhams for an e-book (and i'm being very generous with that figure) sent via e-mail and the funds can be transferred through PAYPAL. That ought to beat your author's royalty sum per book. Since I mooted the idea I should get a free e-book. Agreed ? Let me PM you my email addie.
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 29, 2009
herve wrote:In the UAE, 40% of mariages are consanguines. almost one out of two Emirati marry their relatives.

I can believe it!

I heard there is an unusually large number of retarded, handicapped and autistic Emarati children, ...due to this close family marriages!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 30, 2009
its a gene thingy.....if generation after generation get married to their cousins etc then most probably the 3rd generation will face some issues.....heard it from a science freak once....
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 30, 2009
once heard this story ,,, about this really ugly lookin scientist who was considerd to be one of the wisest of guys around ... one day he was approached by a really fine ( booty an all that ) lookin supermodel of a woman .
she told him why not the two of us get married... imagine the kids we would have with your brains an my looks , they would be soo astonishing ...
the scientist told her what if the kids get my looks an your brains baby..

soo what im tryin to say in my lame assss way ... is that you can never know what the outcome of any sort of marriage gonna be ...
all i can say is that an arranged marriage is not a proper way to approach a life time of commitment ...

just marry the person whom you like an wanna be with ... if its your cousin as in the way it is for most national's here or most people in this part of the world ... then let it be so..

if its a foreigner like how the vice president has married a foreigner ,,, then let that be soo too....

for me personally , like i've stated before ..... why should i ruin the life of one woman , when i can make a 100 happy.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 30, 2009
that was cool...!
roni
Dubai Forum User

Oct 30, 2009
This was from an article in qatar recently.

Earlier, a study, conducted by the Supreme Council for Family Affairs (SCFA), had said that some 60% of those with disabilities were found to be born to “closely-related parents” in Qatar.
It urged for the enforcement of the pre-marital medical test law, saying that 34.5% of disabled people were born to parents of first-degree relatives, while 25.2% were to parents of second-degree relatives.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat