Camel-Milk Chocolate Available Now. Tasty Or Not?

Topic locked
Camel-Milk Chocolate Available Now. Tasty or Not? Nov 05, 2008
Would love to try it. Has anyone seen it in Dubai shops??

Dubai firm's world first with camel-milk chocolate

by Andy Sambidge

A Dubai-based company has become the first in the world to produce camel milk chocolate for the mass market.

Al Nassma Chocolate has been working for the last two years with a team of international experts to bring the uniquely Arabian product to fruition.

Following sampling during the recent Eid celebrations, the product has now gone on sale to the general public.

The name of the chocolate - Al nassma - has its roots in the Arabic language and depicts a seasonal breeze which brings respite to the people of the desert.

Dr Ali Ridha, chairman of Al Nassma Chocolate, said: "This is a historic moment, we at Al Nassma are very proud to present the world's first camel milk chocolate."

Martin van Almsick, a chocolate aficionado and former manager of the famous Cologne chocolate museum, worked together with experts from Austria and Germany to create the camel-milk chocolate.

The general manager of Al Nassma added: "Our product development for this exclusive chocolate has been meticulous and we have chosen only the finest ingredients to make sure we develop a premium product."

A recent study revealed that the chocolate market in the UAE is robust with 98 percent of respondents claiming to consume chocolate at least once a week.

Globally the chocolate industry is valued at more than $41.6 billion.

Al Nassma's product line consists of five different flavoured 70 gramme bars.

On the back of the launch, the company plans to open a farm shop in Umm Nahad near the Camelicious camel farm from where the milk is supplied.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/535715-d ... -chocolate

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 05, 2008
I bet it tastes great! It will be very sweet though as camel milk is rich.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 05, 2008
they are great too however cow-milk wins

as far as i have heard... even the newly born babies can have cow-milk..
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 05, 2008
sharfraz wrote:they are great too however cow-milk wins

as far as i have heard... even the newly born babies can have cow-milk..

Baby cows yes, baby humans no.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 05, 2008
I guess it's sort of like the goats milk available at the Organic Foods & Cafe, but I can't be sure. I never tried it. :?
BeastFromTheEast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 05, 2008
baby humans yes.

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 05, 2008
sharfraz wrote:baby humans yes.

8)

You would need to refer that one back to a woman of the female persuasion who has had children. Kanelli would be able to advise accordingly.

As far as I can recall, you can give a human baby cows milk, however it is missing vital trace elements, vitamins and, most importantly, immunity that is only available from mother's milk. It can also create lactose intolerance and cholic in the child.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 05, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
sharfraz wrote:baby humans yes.

8)

You would need to refer that one back to a woman of the female persuasion who has had children. Kanelli would be able to advise accordingly.

As far as I can recall, you can give a human baby cows milk, however it is missing vital trace elements, vitamins and, most importantly, immunity that is only available from mother's milk. It can also create lactose intolerance and cholic in the child.

:? :? :?

Knight

Yes 8) ., mother's milk is what a human baby must be fed with....and its
best ... cow's milk is an alternate which could be given too.. 8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 05, 2008
sharfraz wrote:Yes 8) ., mother's milk is what a human baby must be fed with....and its
best ... cow's milk is an alternate which could be given too.. 8)

Cow's milk is an alternative to the mother's milk!!!??? You have to be joking!!!

It's not even close. To the contrary, it is harmful to the baby!

D.K. is right!

Why do you think mothers, who cannot breastfeed, give their infants baby formula. Baby formula is scientifically formulated to emulate the mother's milk to some degree, but of course, it could never be like the real thing!!!

Hey... I still would like to know if anyone can tell me where I can buy camel milk chocolate in Dubai!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 05, 2008
ok ok...

that's what i have heard..., i know its not any close to the real thing....

I dont like any confrontations...
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2008
Cheers Tom! 'Its not unusual' to find weird stuff in the shops here... Will keep an eye out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 07, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Cheers Tom! 'Its not unusual' to find weird stuff in the shops here... Will keep an eye out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Think they make camel milk vodka somewhere...
firefly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 07, 2008
Sharfraz:

I like your attitude - no confrontation!! Wise man!!!

DK:

Thanks mate!!

I know "it's not unusual" to find the unusual in Dubai. It's a big city that's got everything, but it could never compare to being back home with all that beautiful "green, green, grass of home" !!!! :home: :home:

Cheers!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat