Blood, Sweat And Tears

Topic locked
Blood, Sweat and Tears Aug 28, 2007
Al Jazeera exposes the appalling conditions facing many Asian laborers in the Gulf.

Part 1

Part 2

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 29, 2007
Yep, I managed to catch it last week.

Pretty appalling stuff although I'll be honest, I was expecting them to show even more plainly the terrible stress/psychological condition these poor guys are under.

The reaction of one of the officials was typical - how dare anyone suggest that their treatment is sub-human....

Suprising there hasn't been more on this in the local papers...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Aug 29, 2007
SonicWall blocked the links :-(
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 31, 2007
Kills me to see people getting taken advantage of because they need to provide for the familys. I know they choose to do the job, but most large companies don't care of they kill the people to make a dollar. saddening!
Cnovamd
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 31, 2007
burton wrote:Suprising there hasn't been more on this in the local papers...

Local papers? You mean the band of ass-kissing rags? Even 7Days has to self-censor now, given the controversies it caused before.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 17, 2007
The countries from which these poor desparate people come from should be the one to look after the welfare of their citizens not the gulf employers. Yeah right! :roll: So while these countries don't, these employers exploit the workers. And when some countries do take action (like that of the Philippines recently), they ban workers from those countries. The greed of these people knows no bounds!
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat