Ayesha12 Has Made 70+ Posts All About NKUT

Topic locked
Ayesha12 has made 70+ posts all about NKUT Sep 18, 2007
...and nobody has done a damn thing.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 18, 2007
I complained to the mods about this over a week ago and was told that it has to be done by the admin. Surprise surprise - nothing has been done.

Those f***ing posts are driving me f***ing mad!!!!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2007
Your not the only one.......... :x :x :x
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 18, 2007
I never see the mods doing a daily scroll through the topics and locking the spam :?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
the mods say they are doing their job. where is the admin? why is he/she not banning ayesha and deleting all that users threads?

if there is a shortage of mods/admins im sure you can select some more ppl to do the job.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2007
people people people..
you are part of the CYBER SOCIETY :-) i would think that by now you would be used to SPAMMERS and SPAM :-)..

I know its hard to ignore these morons but seems like thats the only way to really get them to go away is ignore and use the DELETE BUTTON..

Keep smiling (even thru the spam)
netgeek2k2

Sep 18, 2007
As you all seem to realise the banning of Ayesha can only be done by the Administrator (Andy) I have sent him a couple of messages in this regard.
I also go through and delete from the spam on a regular basis at least twice per day, however I can only dlete from the forums that I am Moderator for.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 18, 2007
I emailed Andy and he did block the guy, but for the observant among you, you'll see he's re-registered using another login adding 12.

Lets all log onto his site and trash it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 19, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I emailed Andy and he did block the guy, but for the observant among you, you'll see he's re-registered using another login adding 12.

Lets all log onto his site and trash it!

OR, lets put in proper protection to stop this automated spam, because that's what it appears to be.

I am sure other forums would be suffering if they didn't have these little bits of protection added, which I might add, is extremely easy to add to phpBB.

Here's what I followed to prevent my Xbox forum from being spammed as it was becoming a problem and it worked a treat:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=427852

All it requires is a little bit of caring.
^ian^

Sep 19, 2007
ok here is what I found from my site http://www.uaeforums.org the details of Ayesha

Alwayz comes with IP Address : 220.225.3.6
Email: ayesha_khan8972@yahoo.co.in
ISP Address: Reliance Communications Ltd
Dhirubai Ambani Knowledge City
Thane Belapur Road, KoparKhairane
Navi Mumbai - 400710
Region: India

:D

[/url]
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2007
^ with that info, I'd like to know how an ordinary internet user can get even and trash him/her.. :wink:
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2007
yujinn wrote:^ with that info, I'd like to know how an ordinary internet user can get even and trash him/her.. :wink:

If it's not Ayesha it will be someone else. The point is, this forum has no protection implemented from spamming bots.

The threat of spamming forums is on the rise, eventually ruining forums outright unless something is done.

You could go all vigilante and hunt down the forum offenders, but you're going to find yourself exceptionally busy doing this, as more and more spammers spam the guts the out of this place.

On the other hand, a pro-active step would be to implement some very small changes to the forum system that would prevent spambots from taking hold.

Look below at the number of users, 90% of these are spambots!! This number will only increase until something proper is done by the admins to fix this.
^ian^

Sep 19, 2007
^ I guess you're right! Will it be too much for the admin to implement the strategies suggested in the link you posted? :?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2007
abdulnafees wrote:ok here is what I found from my site http://www.uaeforums.org the details of Ayesha

Navi Mumbai - 400710

[/url]

I am in Mumbai right now, want me to go and thrash her? a hours drive for me :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2007
Jeevan wrote:
abdulnafees wrote:ok here is what I found from my site http://www.uaeforums.org the details of Ayesha

Navi Mumbai - 400710

[/url]

I am in Mumbai right now, want me to go and thrash her? a hours drive for me :lol:

Hey International Man of Mystery, we will send you all the spammers details and $35... can you whack em for us?
^ian^

Sep 19, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Jeevan wrote:

Navi Mumbai - 400710

[/url]

Hey International Man of Mystery, we will send you all the spammers details and $35... can you whack em for us?

:lol: :lol: Hows ya Ian? whats with this international man of mystery (just been to thailand and singapore before heading to india, i swear nowhere else) thing :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2007
Cool! Lets fill his inbox with crap! Sign him up for all the dodgy products.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 19, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Cool! Lets fill his inbox with crap! Sign him up for all the dodgy products.

goooood thinking :D
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
yujinn wrote:^ with that info, I'd like to know how an ordinary internet user can get even and trash him/her.. :wink:

If it's not Ayesha it will be someone else. The point is, this forum has no protection implemented from spamming bots.

The threat of spamming forums is on the rise, eventually ruining forums outright unless something is done.

You could go all vigilante and hunt down the forum offenders, but you're going to find yourself exceptionally busy doing this, as more and more spammers spam the guts the out of this place.

On the other hand, a pro-active step would be to implement some very small changes to the forum system that would prevent spambots from taking hold.

Look below at the number of users, 90% of these are spambots!! This number will only increase until something proper is done by the admins to fix this.

As strange and unbelievable it may seem this forum is quite protected from spam bots.
Otherwise there would be hundreds of spammers posting every day like Ayesha. I think Ayesha is a life person that registers then uses some program to post many messages or just copy/pastes.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat