Arranged Marriages/non Arranged Marriages

Topic locked
Nov 13, 2006
weary_heart wrote:Hey Bleak

Like what I mentioned in another thread of something like this - 'arranged marriage' is something beyond my comprehension. How can you marry a stranger? Your freedom to choose your partner is completely suppressed!

On the other hand, I'm fascinated with arranged marriages that last.

well you gonna marry a stranger evenually right....the other person is someone you would know but you dont know him completely....when you marry him, you will find out stuff you didnt know about him because you are closer than before ;).....am i right?

no no no....me have to wear a suit to work is called suppressed ;) :lol: :lol: .......haha
but for me, i have it different. I will choose my wife and nobody will tell force me to marry anybody....if i m engaged to somebody and i feel that she is not good for me...i will not marry her.

My father and mother did not know anything about each other before they got married.....but they are still together now for years now. There were problems when they were together but they still managed to live together happily......No Pain No Gain...

I know that sage&onion will back me up with this.....he has the most experience than all of us ;)

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
i like the new look of bushra, pretty nice ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
Bleakus wrote:i like the new look of bushra, pretty nice ;)

thanks.....

dude :wink:

you have one me over, yet again :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
The 2 B's now thats an arranged marriage
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2006
what are the two B's?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:yes asc you are right.

OT: I have noticed you love summarizing people's posts and repeating what they said .. its funny. Do you give the dumbed down version for the blondes of the forum ? :lol:

At least it makes you laugh.... :twisted:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 18, 2006
Both arranged and non-arranged have their pros and cons. I wonder what the odds are off divorce in both cases. I would dare to say they are probably equal.

The one thing about the arranged introduction/marriage situation that is beneficial is that it saves the hassle of having to sift through the rif raf of men/women that are just looking for a good time. If a man/woman is seriously looking to settle down he or she can have their parents approach someone who is interested in the same and then get to know that person's personality before settling down with them.

Forced arranged marriages are selfish on the part of the parents who want to see their offspring married. An arranged marriage should be an option, not an obligation.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 18, 2006
Good point penny! :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

arranged marriage Oct 12, 2009
Hi!

If you or anybody you know has had a successful arranged marriage, please take this survey and let them know about this survey:

arrangedmarriagesurvey . com

Its only for a study and completely confidential.

Thank You!
AishaP
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Arranged Marriages/non Arranged Marriages Sep 24, 2010
This is always been a hot topic! I can only say, it depends on what you think about it. This is an open issue.
pinkpandora
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat