Any Liverfool Glory Supporters On Here?

Topic locked
Any Liverfool Glory supporters on here? Mar 01, 2009
From mid week Real Madrid to Saturday Real life!
The parties over guys....Lets hope you make a UEFA place!

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
Bloody a-holes handing Man U the title. I knew this current side weren't up to it.

And I reckon Rafa will jump before he's pushed.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
They never were! Selling Keane back to Spuds was a mistake....mark my words.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
I don't mind Man U winning the Prem... but not in bloody February!
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
Football is finished mate!
Becomes less interesting every year!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
smoggie wrote:Football is finished mate!
Becomes less interesting every year!

Remember when players used to be proud to play for their country?
Now they 'retire' (Scholes, Carragher) because they don't want to get injured and miss the big game at Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Emirates.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
yep. That's the reality. Clubs have become bigger than the country. Very sad
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
Need more teams like this to boost the interest in the league.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/west-ham-united
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 01, 2009
The sooner Man poo, Arse'ole, Liverfool and Chelscum leave the premier league to set up their international super-league the better. The english game needs to get back to basics....Local people supporting local clubs.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
smoggie wrote:The english game needs to get back to basics....Local people supporting local clubs.

You sound like a disgruntled Generation X product who is on the verge of pushing roses and becoming food for worms.

Let me remind you we are living in the 21st century and anything that is highly marketable, has a huge "world wide" consumer base will definitely catch the eyes of the money men.

Remember how the Italian Serie A used to be the best league in the world during the late 80's well into the late 90's. That was due to the money injection.

Now it's the EPL that's shining for the exact same reasons and we enjoy a far superior game when it comes to the best players, managers and media coverage :)

If you are so perturbed by the phenomena that's the EPL you can always go back to supporting your Sunday League local barn team where the lads need a fag and a strongbow to re-energise themselves during half-time :lol:
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 01, 2009
godsent wrote: If you are so perturbed by the phenomena that's the EPL you can always go back to supporting your Sunday League local barn team where the lads need a fag and a strongbow to re-energise themselves during half-time :lol:

I don't think smoggie wants to travel to LA Galaxy every fortnight.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
godsent wrote:
smoggie wrote:The english game needs to get back to basics....Local people supporting local clubs.

You sound like a disgruntled Generation X product who is on the verge of pushing roses and becoming food for worms.

Let me remind you we are living in the 21st century and anything that is highly marketable, has a huge "world wide" consumer base will definitely catch the eyes of the money men.

Remember how the Italian Serie A used to be the best league in the world during the late 80's well into the late 90's. That was due to the money injection.

Now it's the EPL that's shining for the exact same reasons and we enjoy a far superior game when it comes to the best players, managers and media coverage :)

If you are so perturbed by the phenomena that's the EPL you can always go back to supporting your Sunday League local barn team where the lads need a fag and a strongbow to re-energise themselves during half-time :lol:

Yeah you are right I'm disgruntled!

"Football's not a matter of life and death ... it's more important than that."
Thx Bill!

As for supporting Sunday league! Yes there is more passion there. They play for the love of it....Not £25,000 a week. give me that any day of the week over these pampered, pretentious pre-madonnas !

By the way godscent, I'm 46 and not quite ready to push up the roses!

Where are you from?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
:laughing3: - Sorry Laughing logo was meant for Del's LA Galaxy posting which was well funny

I am from Malaysia, smog. You have heard of it haven't you ?
Don't take offence in my posting you are still quite a lad albeit past his prime :wink:
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 01, 2009
Yeah, del you are right! I don't want to go to LA galaxy....ever!
They won't sell Pukka pies there!

Godspent...Yes i have heard of Malaysia.....and their rich footballing heritage.
Are you a Man Poo fan by chance?

Past my prime, eh?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
I'm not a Liverpool FC football fan. Rugby Union is my sport. However, I did go to the Millennium Stadium to witness their FA Cup victory over Arsenal, when Welshman Michael Owen stole the game on his own from the Gunners with two late goals. I just wanted to attend one FA Cup final in my life. The ticket cost me £150 from a tout. Face value was £100.

Then ,later on, I wrote this poem in 2005 , to comemmorate their excellent European Cup victory. It is called "Five" due to the significance of the number that day. It is found on www.visit-liverpool.co.uk
FIVE
Remember the year! It's Two thousand and five!
If you're a Scouser, you will ......whilst alive!
Remember the month! That's also a five!
Fans headed for Turkey, like bees to a hive!
Remember the day! That was twenty-five!
Which, as everyone knows, is five times a five!
Remember the goals! Which, in minutes, took five!
Three cracking scores, which proclaimed" We'll survive! "
Remember the saves! The miraculous five!
From Pole-dancing Dudek.....who knew when to dive!!
Remember the spot-kicks! There were meant to be five!
It was over at four .....thanks to the jive!
Remember the League! When they finished at five!
The Reds had to struggle, and watch Chelsea thrive!
Now remember the Cup wins! The magnificent five!
Number Five stays at Anfield! Of which NONE can deprive!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2009
The Welshman who's named Ryan Giggs ,
Should be immune from all digs,
A marvellous pro,
You can't ask for more!
And much faster than Syrup of Figs !!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2009
What is football like out in Dubai ?
Old pros play the game and still try,
To live off their "name"
Cash in on their fame,
As they watch their investments run dry!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2009
If "visit dubai" you enact
Into Google UK,it's a fact !!
That at number one,
Is a site ,just for fun,
With info on football ..... and tact !!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2009
Im a Liverpool supporter (hence the username) and im not a glory hunter :)
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 02, 2009
I have supported liverpool since Ian Rush but honestly this group of players will never ever win the PL. We have a quality keeper in Reina, solid central defenders, mascherano, alonso and gerarrd in midfield and Torres in attack. That is IT! 5 players max out of our best first 11 are good enough to challenge for the title. What about the rest? Arbeloa is average, good back-up but nor first team. Aurelio and dossena combined cannot be compared to Riise who we lost. Insua is a good prospect but its way too early for him. Riera is too slow, too much of a show-man and overplays every single time he gets the ball. Kuyt is a rooster-eyed moron who just shoots in the general direction of the goal and sometimes gets lucky. Babel doesn't play enough, Yossi is too light weight, Ngog at this stage of his career is useless. How the hell can we win the premier league? And who signed these morons? Why sign riera for like 8 mill pounds when jefferson farfan left in the same season for the same amount? Why the hell didn't we sign him????!!!! Degen? Dossena? Lucas (currently and officially the most useless player in the world!!!) I love Rafa, but his transfer policy has been retarded. I don't think all these morons were pushed on him.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2009
RedKite wrote:What is football like out in Dubai ?
Old pros play the game and still try,
To live off their "name"
Cash in on their fame,
As they watch their investments run dry!!

Anderson/Woodcock
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 02, 2009
I think Liverpool made a big mistake when they sold Craig Bellamy. He is superb at running at speed at a defence. He needs a big ,sharp ,goal-scoring centre forward to be in the middle with him. Kuyt was NOT that man. He is not sharp enough.

Bellamy is not always used properly. His ACCELERATION makes him highly dangerous, yet Liverpool let him go. If Mark Hughes gets hold of a sharp centre forward target man, Bellamy will do well with Man City.

Man U should take the league. QUALITY throughout the team!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2009
RedKite wrote:Craig Bellamy. He is superb at running at speed at a defence. He needs a big ,sharp ,goal-scoring centre forward to be in the middle with him.

They tried that with Crouch.

But I agree with you and I hate to say it, but United is quality.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 02, 2009
Haha all u bindipper, granny stabbing scousers out there, remember back in october hearing u all claim the title's coming anfailed, dream on guys...ain't going to happen anytime soon. U've been turning the corner for 20 yrs...haha

Liverpool...35 miles from greatness. Manchester still rooster of the north, get used to it bindippers.

Fergie asked a question few yrs ago...'whats ur greatest achievement in football, breaking up the celtic/rangers monopoly in scotland?'

Reply - 'No, my greatest achievement in football was knocking liverpool off their fuckin perch...and you can quote me on that'. Marvellous.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 02, 2009
duncheski wrote: Fergie asked a question few yrs ago...'whats ur greatest achievement in football, breaking up the celtic/rangers monopoly in scotland?'

Reply - 'No, my greatest achievement in football was knocking liverpool off their fuckin perch...and you can quote me on that'. Marvellous.

And he won't retire until he has overtaken Liverpool's record amount of titles.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 02, 2009
Fergie....Better than Shanks, Paisley or Cloughie........Possibly!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat