Airport Road Tunnell

Topic locked
Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:once again u think i m disturbed for laughing at some idot trying to force his way between 2 cars lol yeah ur rite i m disturbed and all these ppl driving in this clip are sane i guess then lol.

You'd be disturbed all right if you were one of the people in the two cars.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 26, 2006
i wont be disturbed about it i ll be calm about it and let the police cause the disturbance for the person who was in the wrong
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:i wont be disturbed about it i ll be calm about it and let the police cause the disturbance for the person who was in the wrong

Or... you could be dead, and I'm sure your family would be calm about it.

Right?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 26, 2006
we all have to die one day so it dont make a difference cos everyones life is in the hands of god.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:we all have to die one day so it dont make a difference cos everyones life is in the hands of god.

All of us will leave in this earthly life. But i don't like to die in the middle of the road and stuck in a car, it's kinda morbid for my family to remember that & seeing my death photos like that. Well, I am more concern with the people that will be left behind. :D

Good I failed the driving test otherwise my probability of living longer will be cut short. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
i had a dream that i had a accident and my car flies off garhoud bridge and into the creek :D

thats wot u call insane :D

another thing thats insane is the new naming and disgracing a driver who is driving recklessly. hmmm u wanna tell me how are we supposed to take a pic of a driver oh with our mobiles wait i thought we werent allowed to use our phones when we are driving LOL who comes up with these laws man
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:i had a dream that i had a accident and my car flies off garhoud bridge and into the creek :D

thats wot u call insane :D

another thing thats insane is the new naming and disgracing a driver who is driving recklessly. hmmm u wanna tell me how are we supposed to take a pic of a driver oh with our mobiles wait i thought we werent allowed to use our phones when we are driving LOL who comes up with these laws man

Are you one of the reckless drivers? :roll: These are all laws of man, and i don't see anything wrong with the law that aims to save lives.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
lol how does it save ur life when someone is driving recklessly u have to take their pic so they print that pic in the newspaper the next day. are u supposed to concentrate on ur driving or are u supposed to get ur phone out and start taking pics of ppl lol u aint saying lives more like u putting ppls lives in risk with this law.

i aint a wreckless driver and i only drive at nite when the streets are empty ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
It's not for you to take photos of reckless drivers just memorize the car plate numbers or stop your car and take photos. :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
lol u think ppl are gonna stop and take pics of other cars. ppl here are in such a hurry i dont think anyone is gonna stop their cars. all they gonna do is get their phones out start taking pics and 4get about driving, next thing u know there will be a huge PILE up on shk zayed road. all cos of this stupid law wotever it is to take pics of wreckless drivers and putting their pics in the newspaper. i mean WHO comes up with these laws seriously.

anyways am gonna go and watch the football match now its nice arguing with u and i win i guess :P anyways drive slow pppl and dont take pics of wreckless drivers cos u just putting ur life at risk dont believe me try it and find out for urself :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even start my arguments yet and you're going away. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
If someone is driving at 160 kph zigzagging, and a do-gooder wants to take a photo, and he wants to stop first and then take the photo, the do-gooder would have to speed up to 200 kph, overtake the speeder, then quickly slide to a stop on the hard shoulder, then point his camera at the "reckless" guy as he passes by, and then he has to pull out into highway traffic again. Great.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
asc_26 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even start my arguments yet and you're going away. :(

ok am back for the argument u got 10 minutes to argue :p cos its half time :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:
asc_26 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even start my arguments yet and you're going away. :(

I am not in the mood now. All my points are gone. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
gtmash wrote:If someone is driving at 160 kph zigzagging, and a do-gooder wants to take a photo, and he wants to stop first and then take the photo, the do-gooder would have to speed up to 200 kph, overtake the speeder, then quickly slide to a stop on the hard shoulder, then point his camera at the "reckless" guy as he passes by, and then he has to pull out into highway traffic again. Great.

yeh i know tell me about it i mean who came up with this idea the guy is a geNious heheh
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

I am not in the mood now. All my points are gone. :(

u should have written them down and then u could have come back at me with ur side of the story. u know wot. cos the red devils are winning i ll let u win the argument how about that. i m sure u r happy now knowing that u were CORRECT the whole time.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
^^nothing is final yet. I think it's still on dry run if it works or not.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
oh its final alrite cos dont know which newspaper it was i think its 7days or something like that which is gonna have 2 pages for that section where they will print the pics of the car with his number plate and all. by the way i thought u werent arguing since i let u win so how come u still coming back at me :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
asc i waited and waited for u in the rain :( but u didnt show up anyways 2nd half is starting so am gonna go now and i ll see u lately hopefully. while i m away i suggest u write the points down cos i would luv to hear ur side of the argument :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:oh its final alrite cos dont know which newspaper it was i think its 7days or something like that which is gonna have 2 pages for that section where they will print the pics of the car with his number plate and all. by the way i thought u werent arguing since i let u win so how come u still coming back at me :p

It was printed in the paper but it doesn't mean it's already the law. It's still subject for reviews and evaluation. Like you, there's negative reaction on that so called to be traffic laws. Thus, me thinks it isn't implemented yet.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
Errant motorists face full force of law
By Alia Al Theeb, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Police will cancel the driving licences of motor-ists who jump red signals and are involved in traffic accidents, a senior police official said yesterday.

Police are implementing these procedures upon orders from His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to crack down on reckless drivers.

Shaikh Mohammad instructed officials to draft strict rules to punish errant motorists. He ordered police to increase patrols to combat reckless driving and ensure punishment of offenders.

Brigadier Dr Jamal Mohammad Al Merri, Acting Chief of Dubai Police, said the directions of Shaikh Mohammad are being implemented immediately.

"There will be tougher procedures against offenders of traffic laws," he said. He said preliminary procedures being implemented include supporting the traffic department with more force and equipment and forming traffic teams to monitor dangerous highways. The teams will work as groups round the clock.

"Traffic control by radar has also been reviewed. Mobile radars will monitor roads 24 hours. The number of mobile radars will be doubled to 70 by the end of next year," Brigadier Dr. Al Merri said.

“The court is the authority to impose the appropriate penalty, whether it is imprisonment or fine that replaces the imprisonment term under certain conditions like whether the driver was not reckless or that he or she jumped the signal at a low speed. In cases other than these, the penalty will be imprisonment,” said the judge in statements given to reporters.

The Federal Traffic Law of 1995 governs traffic matters including imprisonment issues. Article No. 53 states a motorist involved in reckless driving or who drives at excessive speed that poses dangers to others shall be given a jail sentence up to six months and a fine of not more than Dh3,000. Article 57 of the same law further explains the penalties.

Police measures include the seizure of the vehicle on the first offence for one week, to be increased if the offence is repeated.

Rudeboy... :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote: u know wot. cos the red devils are winning i ll let u win the argument how about that

all that trouble ...for nothing!
:lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
Errant motorists face full force of law
By Alia Al Theeb, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Police will cancel the driving licences of motor-ists who jump red signals and are involved in traffic accidents, a senior police official said yesterday.

Police are implementing these procedures upon orders from His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to crack down on reckless drivers.

Shaikh Mohammad instructed officials to draft strict rules to punish errant motorists. He ordered police to increase patrols to combat reckless driving and ensure punishment of offenders.

Brigadier Dr Jamal Mohammad Al Merri, Acting Chief of Dubai Police, said the directions of Shaikh Mohammad are being implemented immediately.

"There will be tougher procedures against offenders of traffic laws," he said. He said preliminary procedures being implemented include supporting the traffic department with more force and equipment and forming traffic teams to monitor dangerous highways. The teams will work as groups round the clock.

"Traffic control by radar has also been reviewed. Mobile radars will monitor roads 24 hours. The number of mobile radars will be doubled to 70 by the end of next year," Brigadier Dr. Al Merri said.

“The court is the authority to impose the appropriate penalty, whether it is imprisonment or fine that replaces the imprisonment term under certain conditions like whether the driver was not reckless or that he or she jumped the signal at a low speed. In cases other than these, the penalty will be imprisonment,” said the judge in statements given to reporters.

The Federal Traffic Law of 1995 governs traffic matters including imprisonment issues. Article No. 53 states a motorist involved in reckless driving or who drives at excessive speed that poses dangers to others shall be given a jail sentence up to six months and a fine of not more than Dh3,000. Article 57 of the same law further explains the penalties.

Police measures include the seizure of the vehicle on the first offence for one week, to be increased if the offence is repeated.

Rudeboy... :D

It just have to cover ALL users of the road :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 26, 2006
lol but i m talking about something else here i.e putting the pics of wreckless drivers in the newspaper :p

oh by the way the law about putting some1 to jail and the fine of 3,000 dhs was a rumour which was spread around dubai by an email. the article came in the evening news :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:lol but i m talking about something else here i.e putting the pics of wreckless drivers in the newspaper :p

oh by the way the law about putting some1 to jail and the fine of 3,000 dhs was a rumour which was spread around dubai by an email. the article came in the evening news :p

Name and shame, will it work though??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:lol but i m talking about something else here i.e putting the pics of wreckless drivers in the newspaper :p

ohh you're back. I waited and waited for you until the game is over. :D Still naming & shaming and putting of photos of people who violate traffic rules will not help solve the problem. It's a kindergarten draft rules and will never be a LAW. :D Law that violates another law is not a law. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
rudeboy wrote:oh its final alrite cos dont know which newspaper it was i think its 7days or something like that which is gonna have 2 pages for that section where they will print the pics of the car with his number plate and all. by the way i thought u werent arguing since i let u win so how come u still coming back at me :p

The paper is Emirates Today, and they use one page to show a photo of a red-light jumper per day. Can't waste another page where they could put advertising, ya'know :wink:

Check out the cool dude in the Range Rover. He'll pay the fine like he throws change at beggars:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 27, 2006
gtmash wrote:

The paper is Emirates Today, and they use one page to show a photo of a red-light jumper per day. Can't waste another page where they could put advertising, ya'know :wink:

Check out the cool dude in the Range Rover. He'll pay the fine like he throws change at beggars:

WTG Emirates Today, I wonder how long they will keep this going?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2006
lol i saw todays newspaper and there was this Ajman no plate car and the number was 666 :D lol i dont think the guy will pay for his fine he will probably get his driver to pay for it :p.

increasing the fine and publising pics wont do anything. UAE it self has to change. the ppl employed in the police force have to be more PROFESSIONAL like the Scotland YARD :D

i wont show off and i m sure others have used their wasta to cancel their fines. so if u gonna fine this person whose number plate is 666 u think they will have problem paying it i dont think so. if u lock their car up dont u think they will use their wasta and get their car out lol. so its UAE overall that needs to change and be like UK where u cant use ur wasta to get out of trouble.

england they have something called black points on a license y dont they have something here instead of fining ppl use the black points and i m sure ppl will learn that way. increasing the fine wont do anything cos ppl in dubai are loaded if they can afford range rover sports they can afford to pay a fine like 3,500dhs.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2006
asc_26 wrote:

ohh you're back. I waited and waited for you until the game is over. :D Still naming & shaming and putting of photos of people who violate traffic rules will not help solve the problem. It's a kindergarten draft rules and will never be a LAW. :D Law that violates another law is not a law. :D

sorry for keeping u waited but i went to sleep after the game :P u didnt wait for long did ya ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat