Abu Dhabi : The Begining

Topic locked
Abu Dhabi : The begining Oct 15, 2009
OMG, what an excellent find. A briliant documentry on the begining of the this great nation and what the great late Shk Zayed envisioned for this country. And that too in the classical old british documentry style

Some excellent footage of Emarati culture before the oil boom. Specially love the bit when SHk Zayed joins in rifle twirling and dancing in part 3 some serious rare footage. May he rest in peace, what a great man he was and I surely miss him. Somehow this country is not the same without him.

This has surely made my day. For someone like me who's been here al my life this was an absolutely a treat to watch to to be taken back in time like this

There are links given at the end of each clip so I'm just posting part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0gjBj-K ... re=related

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 15, 2009
nice
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 15, 2009
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it. He was an extraordinary man and yes, truly missed.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Abu Dhabi : The begining Oct 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:OMG, what an excellent find. A briliant documentry on the begining of the this great nation and what the great late Shk Zayed envisioned for this country. And that too in the classical old british documentry style

Some excellent footage of Emarati culture before the oil boom. Specially love the bit when SHk Zayed joins in rifle twirling and dancing in part 3 some serious rare footage. May he rest in peace, what a great man he was and I surely miss him. Somehow this country is not the same without him.

This has surely made my day. For someone like me who's been here al my life this was an absolutely a treat to watch to to be taken back in time like this

Thank you

A man that it is almost impossible to find someone like him
A story was revealed by his office director (ALi Bin Salem Alkaabi), he siad , sheik Zayed was in Geneva during the summer, many people used to submitt some papers asking for some financial help, Ali alkaabi used to read them to sheik Zayed, one day he noticed that Ali did not read one of the papers, after he was done with all the papers he asked him, why you did not read that paper Ali, He said your Highness that was from A jewish man asking for help, Shiek zayed told Ali give him what he is asking so he knows how muslims are kind with everybody.

uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Abu Dhabi : The begining Oct 15, 2009
uaebadoo wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:OMG, what an excellent find. A briliant documentry on the begining of the this great nation and what the great late Shk Zayed envisioned for this country. And that too in the classical old british documentry style

Thank you

A man that it is almost impossible to find someone like him
A story was revealed by his office director (ALi Bin Salem Alkaabi), he siad , sheik Zayed was in Geneva during the summer, many people used to submitt some papers asking for some financial help, Ali alkaabi used to read them to sheik Zayed, one day he noticed that Ali did not read one of the papers, after he was done with all the papers he asked him, why you did not read that paper Ali, He said your Highness that was from A jewish man asking for help, Shiek zayed told Ali give him what he is asking so he knows how muslims are kind with everybody.

A truly great man.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 16, 2009
I heard a lot abt him when I was in Dubai, I wish my country had a genuine like him...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 17, 2009
nice link :)
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 17, 2009
Thank you for this informative link.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2009
Melika,
I wonder if it was Sheikh Zayed , as the major architect of the UAE, and a huge Arab patriot, who first started coining the term "Arabian Gulf" ?

You could have had some really interesting conversations with him, Melika, as you TOLD HIM that he was wrong and that it was really the Persian Gulf !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
RedKite wrote:Melika,
I wonder if it was Sheikh Zayed , as the major architect of the UAE, and a huge Arab patriot, who first started coining the term "Arabian Gulf" ?

You could have had some really interesting conversations with him, Melika, as you TOLD HIM that he was wrong and that it was really the Persian Gulf !!

Very lame attempt at getting a rise out of someone. Not only are you a shamless spammer, but also a trouble maker.

Banish the old spaming git !
desertdudeshj

Oct 22, 2009
Desert Dude,
What nationality are you ,please? Are you an Emirati or what?

Did your parents come from Dubai? Some of your postings are confusing. I notice that you spell Emirati incorrectly as Emarati .

This word comes from " Emir ", of course . And an Emir is a sheikh , is he not?

Emar with an extra "a" ......EMAAR ....is the company doing all the building work is it not? .
So Emir and Emar are very different......although subtly connected !!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
Lame attempt : No 2
desertdudeshj

Oct 22, 2009
Informative vid, thanks for sharing.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 22, 2009
heh!

It's Emaaraat. It is the plural form of "Emaarat". which means "country" or "state".

"Amir" means "Sheikh" and it's plural form is "Omaraa"!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 24, 2009

It is the Arabian Gulf wheter you like it or not and the sothern part of Iran was ARAB-STAN :D
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 24, 2009
uaebadoo wrote:

It is the Arabian Gulf wheter you like it or not and the sothern part of Iran was ARAB-STAN :D

It's not something that needs you to put a name on it! it was Persian gulf,it is and IT WILL BE!

You can refer to all authorized geographic references to check it and I'm not gonna argue with more idiots about it!

oh! will you please specify which part of south Iran called Arab-stan?!! this is the most stupid thing I've ever heard! Arab-stan is the name of Saudi Arabia in Farsi(Persian)!

hey you can name other part of the world with your arabic names too. but they will be only valid in your little community!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 24, 2009
melika969 wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

It's not something that needs you to put a name on it! it was Persian gulf,it is and IT WILL BE!

You can refer to all authorized geographic references to check it and I'm not gonna argue with more idiots about it!

oh! will you please specify which part of south Iran called Arab-stan?!! this is the most stupid thing I've ever heard! Arab-stan is the name of Saudi Arabia in Farsi(Persian)!

hey you can name other part of the world with your arabic names too. but they will be only valid in your little community!

Easy to solve this dispute!

If the Arabs have the longest borders on the Gulf, it should be called the Arabian Gulf. If it's Iran, then it should be called the Persian Gulf!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 24, 2009
BTW Melika what is it called in Farsi. I'm sure its not called persian, since I assume persia is not a farsi word....is it ?
desertdudeshj

Oct 24, 2009
Tom, I don't approve your reasoning and it's not something that needs a new name!

DD, persia actually is the original Farsi name. See, in the old times when they ATTACKED Iran with their religion (you know that youth in Iran dislike Islam) they change lots of names. in ancient Iran. it was persia. but cause arabs do not have P, IT changed to Farsi. Farsi is the altered form of Persia.

in Farsi now a days, we call it "Khalij e Fars". Khalij means gulf, Fars means persia....
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 24, 2009
melika969 wrote:Tom, I don't approve your reasoning and it's not something that needs a new name!

DD, persia actually is the original Farsi name. See, in the old times when they ATTACKED Iran with their religion (you know that youth in Iran dislike Islam) they change lots of names. in ancient Iran. it was persia. but cause arabs do not have P, IT changed to Farsi. Farsi is the altered form of Persia.

in Farsi now a days, we call it "Khalij e Fars". Khalij means gulf, Fars means persia....

OK!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 24, 2009
melika969 wrote:Tom, I don't approve your reasoning and it's not something that needs a new name!

I'm curious Melika about an interesting point you brought up.....

You said the young generation in Iran dislikes Islam! I assume that's because of the restrictive lifestyle imposed on you (by your Religious Police),...or is it something else????

Do they also dislike the Arabs for bringing Islam to Persia!!

Just curious!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 24, 2009
^^^PMed
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 25, 2009
melika969 wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

Take it easy my dear, Iranians still dreaming to restore their old empire that was ended by the Arabs 1400 years ago
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2009
^^^ Trust me MY DEAR! you donno anything about Iranian's dreams!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 25, 2009
melika969 wrote:^^^ Trust me MY DEAR! you donno anything about Iranian's dreams!

Why should I bother, 1400 years !!!!, so it is Permenant sleep :lol:
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2009
uaebadoo wrote:
melika969 wrote:^^^ Trust me MY DEAR! you donno anything about Iranian's dreams!

We should I bother, 1400 years !!!!, so it is Permenant sleep :lol:

زشير شتر خوردن و سوسمار
عرب را به جايي رسيده است كار
كه تخت كياني كند آرزو
تفو بر تو اي چرخ گردون، تفو
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 25, 2009
Anyone interested to read about Arab'stan and the Arabian Gulf history can see this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Arcayne/busywork_3
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2009
melika969 wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

We should I bother, 1400 years !!!!, so it is Permenant sleep :lol:

زشير شتر خوردن و سوسمار
عرب را به جايي رسيده است كار
كه تخت كياني كند آرزو
تفو بر تو اي چرخ گردون، تفو

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHIHujL ... re=related
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2009
LOL

I bet you are the user who developed this part of wikipedia! so Funny and NOT TRUE!

Sorry, cause of your EMPIRE, I don't have utube here! I can't check your reply to my Great Ferdowsi's poem!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat