Abu Dhabi To Dubai

Topic locked
Abu Dhabi to Dubai Dec 10, 2008
OK, this is going to sound like a pretty stupid question and I think I know the answer, but I may be wrong, so I'm looking for some expert help here.

Is there, or was there ever an air service between Abu Dhabi airport and Dubai airport?
I'm pretty sure no such thing exists but a couple of different people have claimed over the past few days that they flew between airports a few years ago.

CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 10, 2008
i use to see sheik's plane shuttles between the above mentioned destinations..aimed alot but apparently missed..
shorn77777
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 10, 2008
There is no commercial air service between D and AD. It won't make sense for regular travelers. It's much faster by car or bus , considering the long time needed to go to the airport and to wait for check in and departure.

---------

shorn77777:

I know you're trying to be funny and cute, but you ARE NOT!!! Also your posts in the Romance Forum are ridiculous!!. Reading them is a total waste of time!!

8) 8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
I havent heard that too

sorry for the plagiarism Knight..

:? :? :?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 10, 2008
It is probably not even financially viable unless you are.....
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 10, 2008
who knows it might be useful in the future..atleast for some busy men
shorn77777
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 11, 2008
Yes, there USED to be an air shuttle between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It used 2 Cessna Grand Caravan turboprops converted as seaplanes. Today you can see those planes taking tourists on joyrides over Dubai.

The original service flew from the Dubai Golf and Yacht Club on the creek to the Corniche in Abu Dhabi and back. It cost AED 350 one way and took nearly 2 hours to get there. Unfortunately the operator who set it up failed to consider the detours he must make on the way because of restricted airspace around royal properties on the coast.

When you could drive there in 1 hour for less than AED 50, who wanted to fly? They went bust after about 3 months and the aircraft were parked up for about 2 years until Seawings bought them and started operating their tours. They are now based at Umm Al Quwain Aeroclub.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 11, 2008
Yeah the air service is free and fast. Actually the air is moving fastly..hehe
tomjerry0506
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 11, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Yes, there USED to be an air shuttle between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It used 2 Cessna Grand Caravan turboprops converted as seaplanes. Today you can see those planes taking tourists on joyrides over Dubai.

The original service flew from the Dubai Golf and Yacht Club on the creek to the Corniche in Abu Dhabi and back. It cost AED 350 one way and took nearly 2 hours to get there. Unfortunately the operator who set it up failed to consider the detours he must make on the way because of restricted airspace around royal properties on the coast.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Is there anything you don't know about Dubai and the UAE????

Good info, DK!!

I think a fast (bullet) train would be a good idea between AD and Dubai!

They can make it the fastest train in the world, to join the other record-breaking feats they are building in this country!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

:santa: :santa: :santa:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 12, 2008
today i did go to auh... to and fro it came around 29aed....

and 5 saliks

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 12, 2008
Yes, Emirates long time ago used to do some of it sectors via Abu dhabi, but with the growing of emirates and as it became a international Hub , the routes to Abu dahbi was cancelled to save transit time to it's custmers and to minimaise the tranist sectors.

(that true not a joke )
elogueil
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 14, 2008

An air shuttle service between AD and Dubai could be feasible using small commuter planes (operated by low cost carriers) and flying in and out of small commuter in-town airports, where passengers can get in and out quickly with minimum distances and formalities!!!

A bullet fast train might be still be a good option.

The best way to find out is by conducting feasibilty studies. Such studies could've been made and shelved for showing that the air and train services are not yet viable alternatives!

:santa: :santa:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat