7days Website

Topic locked
7days website Jan 18, 2007
Whats funny is that some people dont think before they type something offensive on the "Letters to the editor". Every time i try to post anything on there they delete it. Dont get me wrong, i like that there is a magazine/website where you can complain about a certain incident happened for a service or anything really. But the people who start dissing each other, dissing the government laws and stuff in a vulgar and crude manner, i think the editors should really watch out for these letters.
I found out a solution for these kind of people but i know no body is going to agree with me, maybe i should wait until i become Cheif of police.

Do you guys read or at least post on 7days.ae?

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 18, 2007
I read it...not really for the news value but to have a laugh at all the people who write in to have a whinge.

Not only are most of the comments rubbish - but i think they just type them out as they think then press send without even re-reading to check that what they have typed makes sense.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 18, 2007
I used to read it on a daily basis, then Emaar banned the distribution within their communities (Dec 2006), so now I only get it when I see a copy left over at work or wherever.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 18, 2007
I read the website....although I'd much prefer the actual paper itself!

Whenever I'm in Dubai, it's one of my "aims" if you like to read the local newspapers, and 7Days is my favourite. I regularly buy Gulf News, but there is so many useless (IMHO) supplements with it!

Sage, much like you, the only places I can seem to find 7Days now is a copy someone has read and left over (we're in Al Barsha 3 so we're not affected by the Emaar ban)....the last one I read was left over in the Mall of the Emirates when I decided to walk about that place for 6 hours and all I bought is a box of dates and an iPod dock, both from Carrefour and both 4 hours apart!! But thats a different story... :lol:

I've still got a copy of The Gulf Today that I picked up on my EK flight from DXB to GLA (bit of airport talk there) as a momento of my time in Dubai...

Anyone who wants to post me 7Days is more than welcome to! :lol:

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 18, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Emaar banned the distribution within their communities.

I can guess why, but why really?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 22, 2007
gtmash wrote:

The most credably story is that it is punishment for alledgedly mis-quoting the Sheikh Khalifa.
I still don't know what all of the fuss was about, but it must have been a good enough excuse to have them banded in certain areas and businesses of Dubai.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 22, 2007
benwj wrote:
gtmash wrote:

The most credably story is that it is punishment for alledgedly mis-quoting the Sheikh Khalifa.
I still don't know what all of the fuss was about, but it must have been a good enough excuse to have them banded in certain areas and businesses of Dubai.

I really wonder who told Emaar that they can now take over from the Ministry of Information & Culture as head of censorship in the UAE.

The amazing thing is they ban 7-days but allow guys to come around selling fake DVD's at your doorstep????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 22, 2007
7 Days is already on thin ice. The ban resulted due to a controversial article that was published, and now their distribution has been slashed.

Added to that, all government aligned organisations are now banned from advertising in 7 Days.

I don't think it will see out 2007.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat