Windshield

Topic locked
Windshield Mar 30, 2009
Hi,
A hair line break is observed in my Car's (Murano) front winshield. The car is covered under comprehensive insurance however the car will not be serviced at Nissan Dealers but at a local workshop.

How can I assure the quality of windshield replaced by these type of workshops or if i can buy a glass how can i ensure the quality of the windshield.

Further, is it possible to reset only the Driver and Passenger side air bags leaving the side and roof airbags? if so, other than Nissan Dealers who is the right person to contact?

Can any one guide me to decide upon this.

Thanks in advance..

Raj Nair
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 01, 2009
Raj what is the possiblity that you are paranoid ! lemme guess this is your first non sunny car ?

Check the markings of the windsheild, usually in one of the corners. The new screen should have the same one aswell.

What do you mean about resetting the airbags? Were your airbags deployed ? or do you have an airbag light activated on the dash. Whats the deal with the airbags ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 02, 2009
Dear friend,
This is my 3rd car,first SUV since i got licence in 2002..:)

The car which i am using is of US Specs, Nissan Murano 2005. I bought this after a few checks (except electronic) with Tasjeel and a cpl of local shops.. Since I got it for a good bargain i have bought this without thinking twice.

I have noticed the issues in the car after a couple of months drive..when the car was given for service, Nissan Dealers showed me that the car had met with an accident and the air bag light on dash is not functioning and driver side airbags r all deployed.. and the roof cealing is also broken. I wish to make the car perfect as far as possible ...If you know any one who can assist me in this pls let me know..
Thanks for the response...
Regards,Raj
Raj Nair
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 02, 2009
Why I am not surprised. Think about it why would they export perfectly good cars to dubai. 99% of cars imported from the US are insurance write offs and then the local boys put it all toghter. Ofcourse they never bother to replace the expensive bits like airbags. Instead they patch it up. They bad news is if your sidebags were deployed and have roof damage. Most probally your car was in a severe roll over.

Also more bad news is you really can't do much about it now. It is very hard to redo a body job . One option is to get a donor vehicle and chop of the roof from that one and weld it back on to yours. This is really not worth the effort and money.

But if you mean the only in inner liner is cracked then you can have that replaced. You really get a nasty surprise when you'll pull off the inner liner. Only then will you really see the extent of the damage to the roof.

As for the side airbags you can have them refitted aswell depending the guys who did the "repairs" didn't cut of any wiring harness. You will also have to the the computer reset to remove the faulty airbag codes once you refit the bags.

My opinion drive it as it is, not worth the time, effort and money to redo the car. 90% chance that if your front airbags didn't deploy they will still function in an event of an frontal impact.

And as to how do I know all of this, apart from being a massive petrol head I use to run a workshop on the side for quite some time. And this is still a thriving bussiness in the Sharjah garages.

Also as a warning to everyone, be very carefull in buying American imports like I said 99% are insurance write offs. You'll be lucky if you get a flood damaged vehicle with no mechanical and body damage.

Having you car checked by tasjeel really doesn't count for sh!t. They are only worried about chassis damage ( Still veryeasy to fool in this case aswell ) and emissions. Also these other so called "computer checking " guys are also hopeless..

P.S : dash light is also a easy fix. Usally the bulb is just removed to stop if from constantly flashing.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 03, 2009
thanks for the response....
the car as per me is not rolled over it had a hit on the front driver side door just below the side mirror...
the air bag just above the driver seat is inflated and that has made a small crack in inner liner ... i just wanted to keep the car look nice n well maintained...

i agree with u to an extent what you have told abt us spec cars...i had an imported US spec Camry for abt 2 years...which was a very nice car....since i know the present car had an accident each and everything issue keeps me upset .... so i m trying to keep my car fit as far as possible....
right now the issue which upsets me is the hissing sound produced while acceleration... other wise the car is in very good condition and has a very nice mileage...10km/litre (approx)
thanks for ur advices...happy to meet you ...
regards,raj
Raj Nair
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Windshield Aug 02, 2014
Hi guys...am fresher to this forum and discussion.
Please any one of you help me to get a used nissan murano headlight.

My murani 2008 model.
shihab2u
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto