I Want To Get This Car

Topic locked
I want to get this car Aug 08, 2006
All right. So I want to buy this car:

Bright Orange 2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lamborghini Doors and Chrome Rims

Interior is not the important right now...

Ive been trying to get a qoute on how much it would cost me but to no avail. Also, I would like to know where i should go to purchase or place the ordr for the car and how long it may take.....

Thanks all

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
Ford Mustang Deluxe GT Convertible is not available in Bright Orange. Closest colours are Screaming Yellow, or Torch Red so looks like you'll need a respray to get what you want.

Lambo doors will cost you 10-20k AED depending on which kit and where you source it from. On average you're looking at 15k AED.

Chrome wheels are an optional extra - 10k AED.

Don't know how much trying you've been doing (obviously not much) cause if you had walked (taxied) down to the Ford dealer on SZR you could have walked out with a quote or put a deposit down on one there and then.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
well as much i would love to go to dealership itself, i dont think i could trust the qoute the give me since, A. im a girl, and B. im fairly young for someone who wants to buy that, or any car. I was trying to find out the info online so when i did go to the dealership and talked to a salesperson i would be informed and would know what to expect and what not to. as far as the colour goes i thought they had orange because i bought one from my friend in the states...but i guess he had it redone at a shop...i could always do that here, right
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
I take on board what you say - whether or not I agree with it or not, is irrelevant - thats how you feel you would be treated.
So, you could try going to the dealership with a guy, who you think knows a fair bit about cars - just so the salesman won't treat you like someone who was born yesterday!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 09, 2006
you know that is a good idea...i dont know why that didnt cross my mind :oops: ....*stupid stupid girl*
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:well as much i would love to go to dealership itself, i dont think i could trust the qoute the give me since, A. im a girl, and B. im fairly young for someone who wants to buy that, or any car. I was trying to find out the info online so when i did go to the dealership and talked to a salesperson i would be informed and would know what to expect and what not to. as far as the colour goes i thought they had orange because i bought one from my friend in the states...but i guess he had it redone at a shop...i could always do that here, right

This is not America, so you will get one price whoever you are. A convertible GT goes for Dhs 145,000 from Al Tayer. What you get for that much, besides a V8, I didn't bother asking. Insurance is a whole other story.

As for a repaint, you can get it for as low as Dhs 1500 or as high as Dhs 4000, and it will still be worse than factory paint.

And Lambo doors, well, I know a body kit guy who will do it for Dhs 5000, and he showed me pictures of previous customers. I don't know if I would it to a new car.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 09, 2006
Personally - lambro door are cheesy - especially on a convertible car!!

I would spend money on wheels for sure for the stang - the OEM ones look dorky for a muscle car like that.

Probably would go for the stripes thingy.... colour maybe, I like the bright yellow.

Check out the modded stang in this months Top Performance magazine - nice work!
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 09, 2006
gtmash wrote:
This is not America, so you will get one price whoever you are. A convertible GT goes for Dhs 145,000 from Al Tayer. What you get for that much, besides a V8, I didn't bother asking. Insurance is a whole other story.

As for a repaint, you can get it for as low as Dhs 1500 or as high as Dhs 4000, and it will still be worse than factory paint.

And Lambo doors, well, I know a body kit guy who will do it for Dhs 5000, and he showed me pictures of previous customers. I don't know if I would it to a new car.

why not to a new car?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
gtmash wrote:

why not to a new car?

I don't trust non-factory hydraulics to hold up a door while my head is sticking out of it, even if I spent 20k on it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 09, 2006
couldnt they just do it for me when i place the order?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
Boshra,

I think what you have to really worry about is the insurance.

I think your UAE licnese is less than one year and you are below 25 "as you said you are young"

So.... I think it will be very tough to find a insurance company for such setup specially with a sports car, not even a golf coupe you can do it.

You would be lucky to get a third party insurance, but then... don't think a car loan will be possible.

don't want to turn you down, but i think you need to sort out this stuff first.

cheers
yshimy

Aug 09, 2006
yshimy wrote:Boshra,

I think what you have to really worry about is the insurance.

I think your UAE licnese is less than one year and you are below 25 "as you said you are young"

So.... I think it will be very tough to find a insurance company for such setup specially with a sports car, not even a golf coupe you can do it.

You would be lucky to get a third party insurance, but then... don't think a car loan will be possible.

don't want to turn you down, but i think you need to sort out this stuff first.

cheers

i have a mercedes and ferari and have insurance on them (shamil)so it shouldnt be a problem. if they refuse to give me insurance i can always have my cousin or my bro take it out....and i dont need to take out a car loan....well, maybe taking out a loan would be better than paying it all in cash, what do you think? so, basically, all i need to worry about is the car....thanks for the concern/advice though
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006
ok, i got you tottaly wrong :D

anyway, i think other people will be more useful than me in car modifications you want.

I'm just a new guy here.

BTW, if you got Merc and Ferrari,,..... why going for a mustang.. it is american rubbish.... IMO i wanted the Mustang at one point of time, but.... i would rather get a european car.... i ended up with all wheeler jap.
yshimy

Aug 10, 2006
yshimy wrote:ok, i got you tottaly wrong :D

anyway, i think other people will be more useful than me in car modifications you want.

I'm just a new guy here.

BTW, if you got Merc and Ferrari,,..... why going for a mustang.. it is american rubbish.... IMO i wanted the Mustang at one point of time, but.... i would rather get a european car.... i ended up with all wheeler jap.

Its all right, not a problem. But for me, I am completely in love with Mustangs. Ever since I was 10 Ive wanted one, and I feel the most comfortable in it. My brother and my cousin are giving me hell for wanting to buy that since I have two way more better cars, in their opinion. But I guess it just comes down to what I want and what I like, you know? I mean, I love my other cars, but Im in love with the Mustang. :wink: [/b]
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto