Volkswagen Bora Automatic Windows Problem

Topic locked
Volkswagen Bora Automatic windows problem Jan 07, 2007
My car has problems with the winder on the windows, according to VWs garage my model (2001) was not made for the UAE heat so they got brittle and broke...took it to VW and had it propped in place since they want 700 dirhams to replace a winder....and now 3 windows have packed up for me....

Any mechanics that I can go to and have it repaired for less ? Any other suggestions ???

Thanks

Seraphim
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 07, 2007
Strange comment from the VW dealership, have to admit.

Are you sure the car was an import? Anyway, you are more than likely outside the warranty period anyway.

I am not sure who can fix your electrics for you. I would imagine there are a load of garages that could, but they most probably would be cowboys and charge you a lot less, however, you may end up finding it will ponly be a temp fix.

Take it to VW, swallow the costs. If it goes wrong again, at least you can take it back to them.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 07, 2007
yorky500 wrote:Take it to VW, swallow the costs. If it goes wrong again, at least you can take it back to them.

+1
it is gonna cost u 350 per winder outside, and the quality ain't that good. !!
Had a Golf with the same problem would recommend what yorky suggested !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Jan 16, 2007
Interior electronic motors have nothing to do with country specs (on a lot of models).

If a window motor fails occationsally, then i suspect something is a miss with the wiring to that mototr. Either it is causing to much resistance, or there is a short somewhere in the connection.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 16, 2007
The problem is with the winding pegs not the motor. They were made of some kind of plastic that got brittle over 2-3 years...

The motors are responding alright to the controls...
Seraphim
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 16, 2007
Ignore This
Seraphim
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 17, 2007
That is a well known problem in Germany..
all Golf 3, Golf 4 and Bora models are very prone to this..
Here in Germany VW fixes it without charging you, maybe you have a chance of getting it fixed for free if you speak to some German guy at VW?
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2007
Ill have to call and check in that case...thanks for that
Seraphim
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 17, 2007
bschmidt wrote:That is a well known problem in Germany..
all Golf 3, Golf 4 and Bora models are very prone to this..
Here in Germany VW fixes it without charging you, maybe you have a chance of getting it fixed for free if you speak to some German guy at VW?

See that? so much for a dealer telling you it is the country spec that is the problem :!:
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto