Superbike - Accessories

Topic locked
Superbike - accessories Jan 07, 2007
Need to check:

1) price of fullface helmets (Shoei/Arai/etc)
2) 2-pc leathers (Dainese/Alpinestar/etc) or vented riding jackets
3) riding boots (Gaerne/Alpinestar/Dainese/etc)

If its cheap...then I won't bother to bring me gear when I move to Dubai.

Cheers....

beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2007
Dude!!Better to buy all you apparel before coming here.....Dubai has but a few store selling street bike stuff and all are over priced.......
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 08, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:Dude!!Better to buy all you apparel before coming here.....Dubai has but a few store selling street bike stuff and all are over priced.......

Even helmets...!!!!!!!!!!?????????
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2007
A AGV Stealth series would cost anywhere from 1400Dhs upwards....Also you dont have a wide choice as in places with a more developed bike culture...
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 08, 2007
Looks like I gotta spare 30 kgs for my bike gear then.... :roll:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2007
Better buy your stuff and come here Beau.

Not only are the prices absurd.,.. there isnt any choice here at all. Another option would be for you to buy stuff off the net and pay a 5% import duty when they arrive
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 14, 2007
beaujarle wrote:Looks like I gotta spare 30 kgs for my bike gear then.... :roll:

wear your motorcycle jacket and pants. Keeps the helmet in your handcarry. That should help with the weight.
toronto_to_dubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 15, 2007
toronto_to_dubai wrote:
beaujarle wrote:Looks like I gotta spare 30 kgs for my bike gear then.... :roll:

wear your motorcycle jacket and pants. Keeps the helmet in your handcarry. That should help with the weight.

Hahahhaha....don't want the air hostess to freak out seeing me in my 2-pc leathers on board the plane. :lol:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
beaujarle wrote:Hahahhaha....don't want the air hostess to freak out seeing me in my 2-pc leathers on board the plane. :lol:

She'll think you're Robbie Williams in leathers :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 23, 2007
hey beau, could you do me a favour..check out what the price of Oggy Knobs (crash knobs) is over there....There is another type done by a UK company, forgot the name.....

Thes crash gaurds you dont need to drill holes into the fairing...

cheers.
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 23, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:hey beau, could you do me a favour..check out what the price of Oggy Knobs (crash knobs) is over there....There is another type done by a UK company, forgot the name.....

cheers.

We don't have those here in Malaysia, I don't even think in Singapore. Can get Motovation in Singapore though, around SG$150-200.

My experience in crashes, no point spending $$$ on crash bungs...the cheaper ones would do the job as well.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2007
Thats true...But then you would have to modify the faring which I dont want to do.. :D

Any link for the motovation...

cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 24, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:Thats true...But then you would have to modify the faring which I dont want to do.. :D

Any link for the motovation...

cheers

No links but I have the contact of the shops that I frequent in S'pore...that is if you're going to S'pore cuz they don't deliver to overseas.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2007
That would be a prob..Was there a few months ago...Do the bungs require any fairing mods??
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 24, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:That would be a prob..Was there a few months ago...Do the bungs require any fairing mods??

Motovation wouldn't if you get the ones made for your ride. The cheaps ones yes but minimal & almost unnoticeable.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 13, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:hey beau, could you do me a favour..check out what the price of Oggy Knobs (crash knobs) is over there....There is another type done by a UK company, forgot the name.....

cheers.

I've had the crash knobs that you don't modify the fairings on my CBRF2 and they proved worthless when I crashed on Snetterton. If it weren't for that damn 250 aprilia that rudely cut me off on a beginner's track day. wanker! Didn't even say sorry to me.
FWBRC51
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto