Range Rover...

Topic locked
Range Rover... Jan 02, 2007
Hi..

I've been thinking of buying a fourwheel car. I tend to buy Range Rover, but some people advised me to think about Japan made cars. Mu budget is Dhs. 95,000. I need your experience. Is Range Rover a good car or shall I look for another brand? I need to know more info about Range Rover, I mean spare parts value, fuel consuming and any other useful info..

Thanks!

Hal2006
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 02, 2007
Are you going to be using the 4x4 for off-road or purely for a daily commute to and from work plus "maybe/perhaps/never" taking it off road.

Too many times you hear of people buying off road cars and it never sees the desert! Think about what you want to use the car for first before chosing.

For spare parts and fuel consumption, just call the local dealership, they will you all the info you need.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Range Rover... Jan 02, 2007
Hal2006 wrote: I tend to buy Range Rover, but some people advised me to think about Japan made cars. Mu budget is Dhs. 95,000. Thanks!

For 1...You wont get a new RR for 95K. Not even a second hand one..Mayme a 00 or earlier and then they would already have clocked a bit on the spedoo....So if I were you I like yorky said re consider why you want a 4x4..

Cheers...
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2007
Used ones are unreliable. I should know. My real estate agent missed many meetings with me due to roadside breakdowns.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 03, 2007
I think for that budget you can get a new Prado or a Mitsubishi Pajero... As others said, it won't be enough to buy a Range Rover, but I recall reading somewhere that for 100,000 one can get a standard 3 year old Porsche Cayenne, no idea how true that is

Good luck with your search :)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Never buy a Range Rover Apr 03, 2007
Unless it is 2002 upward. The old one is a piece of crap. I use to have one 1997, and it was brand new. Then I paid a fortune and 2 weeks later the fuel injection broke. Then the engine belt (paid 9000 AED) to change it. Fuel consumption was very high and 2 years later it just went in flame.... (it was parked in Deira while on a meeting and during the meeting heard the fire siren to learn later it was my car) ...
Anyhow, today I drive the 2005 RR and it is great. best engine and gearbox ever (BMW) great handling, confort, .... at 90K you cant get one. the best price is maybe 150 K for a 2002.

My advise pay a wee bit more (AED 100K) and buy a brand new GMC Envoy, they are great.
billodavio
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 04, 2007
With your Budget you should be able to pick up a nice Toyota Fortuna. Great cars...
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 04, 2007
V-Man wrote:With your Budget you should be able to pick up a nice Toyota Fortuna. Great cars...

I saw a Fortuner today with its brakelights out. Either poor Thai build quality or poor accident repair.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto