Munich Motor Workshop Feedback

Topic locked
Munich Motor Workshop feedback Jan 02, 2014
Hi All,
this is just an advise, if you own a german car like Audi, BMW or Mercedes and look for a serious workshop to take care of your car...
DO NOT GO TO MMW.
They are unskilled and liars.
Quick examples:
- After pointing an excessive amount of oil surrounding a part, they suggested me to change it, according to them, the oil was coming from the part itself and the whole part has to be changed (AED 4000 + labor).
2 weeks after, I had a look on this famous part... oil leak again... I made my own search about this... result; the part they did change does not have oil, but only some grease in a sealed compartment... no grease leak is expected. The oil leak is coming from elsewhere, I do not know yet where this comes from but I spent AED 4000 to replace a part which was working properly.
- Right after the last repair (some engine gaskets changed) I had and still have some issue at cold start, misfiring, rough idle. They told me, injectors should be changed... they told me that only cleaning them (ultrasonic) won't fix the problem, only new ones will solve it (cost for new ones; approx AED 4000). I do not know why... but this time I decided to make my own search and find somewhere if cleaning injectors is recognized to make things worst... nothing, injectors shall be replaced when the internal actuator/solenoid is broken only and it's very rare, otherwise cleaning is one of the best way to fix misfiring issues. I got them cleaned (solvant and ultrasonic - by this way you can check if the solenoid works properly - cost AED 480... no comment), the car did start like a F1...better than before but I still have a rough idle. I'm still fighting with them... we have to investigate if their mechanics did not make something wrong when he changed the gaskets.

In general, they only rely on code readings which show you that something goes wrong, but computer does not tell you why is going wrong. a Mechanical, physical, visual inspection is ALWAYS a must, a duty for a mechanic to find the root cause of your problem, this is obviously not the way they proceed, you have a code, you have to replace... it's more lucrative for them to sell parts instead of repairing.
Also prices applied are sometimes 100%-120% more expensive than prices followed in Europe and US (but about this, maybe their spare part retailers is the origin of such prices... I left this comment with reserv to be fair)

If one of this post readers has a good workshop in mind for german cars (other than the official BMW stealer), please advise, this would be appreciated.

for people who plan to buy a car , german ones are not the best choice in UAE, german car gaskets are not the best ones to withstand UAE climatic conditions... but when you drive a german car (if not stuck in the workshop) I recognize that it's a real pleasure and safety feeling.

Hugo74
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Munich Motor Workshop Feedback Feb 06, 2016
I never had any issues with Munich Motor Works Dubai. They have always been reliable, honest and they are very professional and from my experience with some other garages here (including the main dealers) they seem to know what they are talking about. We have 3 BMW's and 2 Mercedes in our family and we all go to MMW. It's hassle free....(a real blessing!)
Not everything goes perfectly well in life in general, and I am sure if you had spoken to the manager in charge, that he would have come to an amicable solution to rectify the situation?
abcb
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto