Modifying Cars

Topic locked
Feb 19, 2006
yes i know , you not only can ad a new turbo or sntall on a no turbo engine its lots off things to bring in to this, i work with ecu updates system and update turbo engines

I import special parts, Maby its time to move down to Dubai *S*

Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Parts Feb 19, 2006
Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Feb 19, 2006
Dennis,
I also had a problem finding a good dyno place around here, the best i got was the Audi Dealer (Al Naboodah Automobiles), who charge AED 500 for 2hour run. NO wideband feedback available, and i have no idea what it is (flywheel or wheel power)
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 19, 2006
hosrom_951 wrote:Dennis,
I also had a problem finding a good dyno place around here, the best i got was the Audi Dealer (Al Naboodah Automobiles), who charge AED 500 for 2hour run. NO wideband feedback available, and i have no idea what it is (flywheel or wheel power)

Im look fore a world wide option to open a good speed shop
I know the price fore the Dyno Dynamics to leas
Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Products Feb 19, 2006
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/speedtuningsweden/G3_3AudiA4A6kopia.jpg[img][/img]
Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Feb 19, 2006
This is a Supercharger kit fora Audi A4/A6 V6 engine later this eayr i get fore Audi V8 Poresch cayenne S

update kit fore Bently contenetal Gt
620 HP & 660 TQ

Stage 1 system includes…
PES/GIAC ECU upgrade which includes Flashloader technology

Flashloader allows the user to switch between the following ECU programs at the touch of a button…
Stock ECU settings
Valet mode
Kill
Stage 1 (91 octane) 600HP/641TQ
Stage 2 (93+ octane) 620HP/660TQ

Enjoy the flexibility of multi programs and an enormous power increase with improved throttle response.

And fore this cars
porsche: 996 3,4L. 996 3,6L. 996TT. X50/Gt2. Gt3. 997. 997S.
Carrera Gt. Cayenne S Cayenne Turbo
Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
i think i will generally cut down the jobs we do :

engine tune up, exhaust system ( from the manifold to the tip ), rims, tyres, ecu - japanese cars only, interiors, lighting + covering / plastic coating / leather seat covering, exterior lighting, vinyl works, tinting, amplifiers, woofers & cd changers, Xenon / HID Kits, headers, sports wires, sports plugs, air filters ( all items branded )

For the above call: 765 2006 / 765 2007 ( yep cell number )

Insurance for your ride ( all sports, sedans/coupe cars except 2 wheelers ) call: 8588960 / Omer - C/O Ahmed..

Sorry mods if this is a sort of advert..but i am only trying to offer services to DF Members..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
ahamed wrote:i think i will generally cut down the jobs we do :

engine tune up, exhaust system ( from the manifold to the tip ), rims, tyres, ecu - japanese cars only, interiors, lighting + covering / plastic coating / leather seat covering, exterior lighting, vinyl works, tinting, amplifiers, woofers & cd changers, Xenon / HID Kits, headers, sports wires, sports plugs, air filters ( all items branded )

Insurance for your ride ( all sports, sedans/coupe cars except 2 wheelers ) call: 8588960 / Omer - C/O Ahmed..

Sorry mods if this is a sort of advert..but i am only trying to offer services to DF Members..

Dude, is www.aanic.net (in your profile) really your website? You should see what's on it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 12, 2006
Oh Gosh..forgot to change the link..lost that freaking domain coz of delay in payment by 1 day.. wtf..

thanks bro for letting me know of the link.. cheerz..

and i know its that alexander morrozooovoo.. (whatever moro he is ) by from the domain registrars..who f***ced ma domain..

nywasy cheerz
ahamed
Dubai chat master

tuning Nov 12, 2006
Hi i hopes that all have lots off fun and nice time with update cars
Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
Yep its all about having fun with cars in your own way..

may be some of us dont know much technical about cars

may be some of us know technically about cars but they dont know how to drive.

I would urge everyone to respect each others thinking and correct mistakes rather than critisizing.

Sometimes this globe of internet seems to be too cruel ( especially @ DF ), making me feel like a dmb a$$, when somebody critisizes me and gets on ma nerves.. why cant u people simply talk calmy ??

anyways..safe driving !!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Yes respect is important
and have fun with the things you have and can make
Dennis
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
ahamed wrote:i think i will generally cut down the jobs we do :

Hey Ahamed, I believe your garage might not have old Mercedes parts, eh? Would you by chance have a K&N air filter (not the cone type) that fits in the standard 80s Merc air box? How about a QUIET sport muffler, like Remus? Even a used muffler will do. I also need a modern, possibly "sportier", catalytic conveter. If so, can you give me an idea about prices for these three things?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
no merc parts bro.. about the muffler..hmm.. a quiet one..there is a shop i know where they sell the mufflers with that a switch. Turn on the sound and turn off the sound any time you want. I forgot about the brand, but it comes around 400-450 or something (excluding installation)

sorry..no deals with catconv either :(

oh btw..if you need the air filter try visiting in port saeed..( right opposite to caravan restaurant.) they have a shop with all the 4x4 n sports stuff..guess they might have 1 for the merc.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 22, 2006
hi ahamed...
do u have stuff for mazda 6?
looks and performance??
leme kno
aldayani
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 23, 2006
Yes.. please contact :

seven six five two zero zero six

seven six five two zero zero seven
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 23, 2006
sorry to thread jack, but since we're talking about modifying cars, where are local performance shops that sell aftermarket parts?
asdfasdf128
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 24, 2006
Depends on what car you have and what parts you are looking for.

1000 Dunes and Performance are probs the best. Also, Sub-Zero has some damn good stuff available.

Pick up a copy of Auto-trader or other UAE car mags. A lot of them advertise around.

There are 100's in Sharjah, but you take the risk.

There are not that many good tuning and performance shops around. A lot of them are "cowboys".

To be honest, its a good idea to get the parts yourself and find a good garage to install.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 25, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Depends on what car you have and what parts you are looking for.

1000 Dunes and Performance are probs the best. Also, Sub-Zero has some damn good stuff available.

Pick up a copy of Auto-trader or other UAE car mags. A lot of them advertise around.

There are not that many good tuning and performance shops around. A lot of them are "cowboys".

To be honest, its a good idea to get the parts yourself and find a good garage to install.

Correct me if i am mistaken, but there are NO shops in the middle east 9yet alone dubai) that are professional tuners, they are ALL cowbows for that matter. Selling performance parts and tuning performance parts are two different things.

A 'good' garage or a bad garage, installation is not the main idea, it's the tuning.

I am getting really tired of this, you guys are making the word tuning sound like it is something not so important or nothing to worry about, which is WRONG. Tuning brings the AFR down to safe levels so the engine does't cook itself and blows gaskets/pistons and valve, as well as starve itself from oil and fuel. Tuning timing is setting the spark fireing angle (retard/advance), too much retard causes high EGTs, which melt internal components, too much advance creats detonation, unless using high octane fuel, which still has a limit of spark advance.

NO SHOP has the required monitors for AFR or EGTs, they don't even know what is a wideband sensor......get it in you're head's already.

And just a note, just because a car/engine was tuned in Japan or Germany, does NOT make it suitable for other countries, because the tuning was done in THAT environment, humudity and weather plays a huge role, the car may not even start.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 25, 2006
well said hosrom,

some people here thinks that wat others have to offer is simply nothing.

engine modification doesnot mean alteration in any manner. Its all additions or changes done to few parts, lets say plugs or wires, adjusting the alternator, injector, gear switches or the timing.

Honestly speaking, there are no accredited or certified tuning shops in U.A.E, most of the garages do the same thing in a different style, which might appear to people that they are different.

Tell me of one instance where you might have find a place, where they do some miracle to your car.

All depends on what you want to do to the car, and what you want from the car and the way you want to do it, either personally or give someone or some garage that is trust worthy who can do the job well for you.

Posting in message boards on how you can change your brake pads or oil filters doesnt make good out of it, neither does it make you Auto Guru..

neither owning a Cruiser or cayyene will make you anything better than a bluff..

keep discussions open & well said for others..

oh.. 3 hips for hosrom.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 25, 2006
hosrom_951 wrote:

Correct me if i am mistaken, but there are NO shops in the middle east 9yet alone dubai) that are professional tuners, they are ALL cowbows for that matter. Selling performance parts and tuning performance parts are two different things.

A 'good' garage or a bad garage, installation is not the main idea, it's the tuning.

I am getting really tired of this, you guys are making the word tuning sound like it is something not so important or nothing to worry about, which is WRONG. Tuning brings the AFR down to safe levels so the engine does't cook itself and blows gaskets/pistons and valve, as well as starve itself from oil and fuel. Tuning timing is setting the spark fireing angle (retard/advance), too much retard causes high EGTs, which melt internal components, too much advance creats detonation, unless using high octane fuel, which still has a limit of spark advance.

NO SHOP has the required monitors for AFR or EGTs, they don't even know what is a wideband sensor......get it in you're head's already.

And just a note, just because a car/engine was tuned in Japan or Germany, does NOT make it suitable for other countries, because the tuning was done in THAT environment, humudity and weather plays a huge role, the car may not even start.

I understand what you're saying. Do you have any of the said monitors for personal purposes?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 25, 2006
all you need is a wideband with preferably with a data logger, and a device to tune with, whether it be safc2 or emanage...etc
asdfasdf128
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 26, 2006
gtmash wrote:
hosrom_951 wrote:

I understand what you're saying. Do you have any of the said monitors for personal purposes?

yes i do, i have the innovative xd-16. The wideband sensor itself is mounted after the turbocharger and BEFORE the primary muffler. WBO2 were not cheap 10 years ago, they were selling for over $1000, now there are used everywhere and can be purchased for $400 or so. The mounting location for the sensor is critical if you have any mufflers or CAT's, since those are designed to baffle noise/emissions thus altering the exhaust, which would give you incorrect readings.

asdfasdf128 wrote:all you need is a wideband with preferably with a data logger, and a device to tune with, whether it be safc2 or emanage...etc

You should really be carefull what device you choose. You should know what system (the intake AFM/MAF/MAP) you have and what voltages it gives to the factory ECU. I've seen some MAF's in VW's give out a 0-4.6v output, the Apexi SAFC handles 0-5v outputs. The 0.6v difference makes all the difference, since the ECU will see more volts than normal, thinking that there is too much fuel, or too much air, thus hitting a fuel cut-off no matter what fuel map you have instructed the SACF to give. I'm using the emanag ultimate, and works extremely well, since i can configure the MAP output to read 0-4.7v, ignition control (single coil w/distributor and rotor) in order for the factory ECU tro understand.

Going for a standalone management system is a different ball park, you don't rely on the factoru ecu, it's literally deleted, and you have to make you're own wiring, slicling, soldering and so on. Keeping the factory ecu requires the right aftermarket equippment to get the full drivability and reliablity of which teh factory intended.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 26, 2006
have any body used products from these people : ?

http://www.picotech.com/
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 26, 2006
hosrom_951 wrote:

Sorry, did I not mention the garage you owned/work at? hahahahahaha

Totally agree with what you are saying, so what do you do if you want to mod your car i.e. engine mods? Who do you go to in the UAE. As I said, there are one or two that a lot of people recommend and there are 100's of "cowboys" that you should stay away from.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 26, 2006
no offense..but why do you people have to pick a fight or have an argument for no reason..if someone wants to get their car modified by someone, what is YOUR Problem?? Declare a 1 time warning & let people do whatever they want to do? What is the concern here ?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 26, 2006
yorky500: I tune the car myself, i have joined forums related to my car and found out i was doing things all wrong. I mentioned in another thread (or maybe this one) i shot a rod bearing in my previous car. I looked on the bright side, the car was cheap (costed less than 7,000 AED, and took it as a learning curve.

Just pick up the phone and call any (if not all) tuning shops here and ask them how do they tune a car.

ahamed wrote:no offense..but why do you people have to pick a fight or have an argument for no reason..if someone wants to get their car modified by someone, what is YOUR Problem?? Declare a 1 time warning & let people do whatever they want to do? What is the concern here ?

Exactly, we just gave you a warning, it's advice that you take with a grain of salt, it's you're money and you're car, do as you wish..........

As for the oscilloscope Ahmed, i BELIEVE al naboodah has one of these for porsche's and vw's....but i could be mistaken.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

About honda accord Jan 04, 2007
Hi! Ahamed

I have one honda accord 90 model and want to modify it. How much would you like to take.

And then reply me about your price
Charlie1_asif
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 06, 2007
dear asif,

as per our conversation i cannot blindly quote you anything .. i told you i must see the car prior to anything...

about the engine we spoke about, again i cannot tell you that if 800 for an engine is a good or bad one until i see the condition of the engine and check its run.

all i mean to say is, there is a need to see the car and i cannot blindly quote you over the phone.

if you happen to come to dubai, we can schedule a meeting..(please make sure its on thursday or friday )

so i guess u understand that i have to see the car before anything and suggest you on what has to be done.

regards
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jun 17, 2008
i have a bought a slighty moddified 350z but i want 2 get some of d mods rite in d car.i also hav strupp headers n sum stuff which i want2 install.can u get it done.let me know.if so need ur no.thanx bye
whosane
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto