Tha Law is different for every different nationality

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 8

MET WITH A CAR ACCIDENT May 17, 2007
Hey Guys,
I had this BMW E36 316i which met with a car accident around the Old Pakistani Counsalate Area.
I know its not my fault and now the other car driver changes the whole story and tells the cops i was coming from the oncoming lane and i hit her whereas she takes a left turn from the slower lane and i was in the fast lane... :x
As both parties are not accepting it...the matter is going to the court...As she is a woman maybe irani they listen to her nicely whereas me being an expat not knowing the lanugage getting screwed...My car has third party insurance whereas she must be having a full insurance...I dont know why is she lying so much ...is it for the 20% that she has to pay up...The police is more than convinced that it is my mistake...They also say that I wasnt even driving the car as i had a passenger, when i went to protect her my head hits the passenger seat side windsheild....So they say i wasnt even driving I was the passenger and the girl was driving...when she is a omani resident, doesnt have a license,dont knw how to drive automatic, how will she know a manual car to drive......Anybody with similiar instances??? and What should i be expecting next??? :?:

need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2007
ur screwed pal, since she is a woman . The UAE laws doent implies on females overhere,NO queues for bus, cashcounter,taxi,any many many NO NO NO.......so u be careful next time u see a woman driver next to your lane on road
freeman0179
Dubai Forum User

May 17, 2007
well thanks for that word of advice... :cry:
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2007
Did you get any witnesses.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

May 17, 2007
what ever you do, DONT get worked up or upset...you will lose instantly.
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 17, 2007
You guys moved the cars after the accident? Because otherwise the real situation would've been apparent to the cops.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 17, 2007
I didnt move the car at all...the cops made a report and left and the other party left the scene almost instantly cos the woman had a passenger who was injured...
I am getting worked up only because everytime they talk to me they keep saying one bloody thing "U R LYING"
It gets very annoying and frustrating but i dont loose it...cos sum1 had already told me that and i try to keep my cool and answer the questions as calmly as i can...
Now the cops ask me to move the...How am i supposd to tow the car out if i dont have any registration'mulki'...Now i might just get some more of parking tickets along with the loss of my car which has absolutely no insurance(third-party)...
Now some police guy tells me It rule no.92 or 95 that who ever is in the back is at complete fault whereas nothing actually hit her back car nothing hit my front of the car...dumbf**ks
Life is jus great in Dubai...Isn't it :angryfire:
SOMETHINGS i know now are:-
1. Never to hit a lady driver...or else never even be close to one...cos she might jus hit me...and still run away with a GREEN PAPER
2. Learn Arabic if u wanna stay in this country
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Did you get any witnesses.

I had got some witnesses but then thinking the matter would be solved there it self never took their numbers...How wrong i was!!!??
Those witnesses were not there the next day...runing frantically all pver the place looking for a familiar face who was at scene...Never met any...and the ones i met were either scared to talk to the cops or they came aftr the accident...
Now im jus gettin too worked up and very tired with all of this when i know somewhere tht i'm not gonna win this case...
Thanks guys...
Appreciating all ur help...
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2007
OK here's a couple of pointers.

(1) Stick to your story... don't change it one iota to make things 'easier'.
(2) get a lawyer, an Arabic speaking one. Contact your embassy and request assistance on this front.
(3) Do not sign anything without a literal English translation. Everything is in Arabic, but you don't have to sign it. Sign the literal English translation when you get one.
(4) Go to court, have your lawyer do the talking, in Arabic. Have him translate for you, in Arabic.
(5) Stick to your story.

The worst that can happen is what is happening to you now. You have nothing to lose by going to court.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 17, 2007
to add to your points

3. Buy Comprehensive insurance
4. Drive safely and slowly.
5. At the time of an accident, find an Arabic speaking person, and get them to explain the situation to the Police man over the phone...

If you are really desperate, go the Police Traffic Dept and speak to someone there.
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 17, 2007
^ian^ wrote:OK here's a couple of pointers.

(1) Stick to your story... don't change it one iota to make things 'easier'.
(2) get a lawyer, an Arabic speaking one. Contact your embassy and request assistance on this front.
(3) Do not sign anything without a literal English translation. Everything is in Arabic, but you don't have to sign it. Sign the literal English translation when you get one.
(4) Go to court, have your lawyer do the talking, in Arabic. Have him translate for you, in Arabic.
(5) Stick to your story.

The worst that can happen is what is happening to you now. You have nothing to lose by going to court.

They will come after me in the court saying i was speeding and then it gets worse but as u said i have nothing more to loose in this...at least im telling the truth and i know one thing i will not change the story cos this is the truth and i keeep tellling it over and over and over again....tty
P.S. Wanna know who disagrees wid the poll... :?:
Anyways thx
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2007
can you post here what exactly happened (the accident)

if you rear end someone, no matter what ur at fault.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 17, 2007
gtmash wrote:You guys moved the cars after the accident? Because otherwise the real situation would've been apparent to the cops.

Don't you have to now if it's a minor accident and you are blocking the
traffic?
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2007
sauron wrote:
gtmash wrote:You guys moved the cars after the accident? Because otherwise the real situation would've been apparent to the cops.

Don't you have to now if it's a minor accident and you are blocking the
traffic?

Yeah, you have to move it, but there seems to be a big enough controversy here to not move it. Take photos before moving maybe?

By the way, last I heard, lawyers are damn expensive here, with no guarantee of competence. Just see the things some of them say to the press about different cases.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:can you post here what exactly happened (the accident)

if you rear end someone, no matter what ur at fault.

Hey, So heres how it goes...

-There are two going lanes and one oncoming traffic lane

-I am driving in the fast lane of the two ongoing lanes, so basically i have lane to my right(slow lane) and a lane to my left frm which trafficis coming...

-I am travelling at approx. 60 kph in BMW 316i and another car HYUNDAI GETZ is also travelling at around the same speed in my right lane and a little ahead of me

-Then the driver of hyundai suddenly decides to take a left turn which she is supposed to be taking from my lane and sh actually is going for the lane completely...So she comes in my lane facing sideways as i am coming towards her

-So i react instantly ad put on my brakes and turn my wheel to the left...So my car is kinda like skidding towards her...
my top right part of the car goes skidding and hits her driver seat door

-After that my right hand side back part of the car hits that car...

-We are in a state of motion go over a pavement foloowing the direction we are already in and and halt after we both hit a building wall

-I had a female passenger with me...So out concer for lives i move to my right and hold her close and after the cars hit the building my head comes and hits the windsheild of the passenger side

The story of the other party a.k.a. the liars...
-They say I am in the fast lane behind her vehicle meaning she is also in the fast lane... and then i decide to overtake her from the oncoming traffic lane and when she is about to take the turn i hit her...

So this is the complete story...

I think this must be my 66th time i have told the story to anyone...

Thanks guys
Expecting feeds
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 19, 2007
I'd say part of your defence would be to mention that there is absolutely no reason for you to overtake from the left oncoming lane when the lane on the right is absolutely empty. She could come back with something like there was a truck on the right lane. Then all you could say is she should've checked her mirrors maybe.

I'm surprised the skidmarks don't tell the story. I hope the cops brought in an actual accident inspector (which apparently they actually have), or did they just say "khalliwalli" and give you the red paper?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2007
gtmash wrote:I'm surprised the skidmarks don't tell the story. I hope the cops brought in an actual accident inspector (which apparently they actually have), or did they just say "khalliwalli" and give you the red paper?

Well the skidmarks yes...When i told them about they said yes we will go and check and they go on the third day So when iw ent there the marks were very light but but but thee were speed breaker lines(yellow lines) on which the skid marks are distinct So when i told them tht they are like it of some other car and come back to the story that the girl was driving the car and not me...
I have to go to the Police Station today at 4 pm to Al Rafaa...
I think I will be goin to the court very soon :cry: but im kinda strong about but the only thing is So much time and So much energy is going into this...I dont know if its all worth it
Thanks guys
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 19, 2007
And then i get a RED PAPER...
Do I have more to say...
And to top it all...the cop there apologises to me... :lol:
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto