Looking To Install Video Player In My Car

Topic locked
Looking to install Video player in my car Oct 15, 2006
Folks, I'd appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good place in Dubai to install a video system in my car . If you have an idea of what I am looking at in terms of costs for a quality system pls let me know . Thanks in advance

Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Looking to install Video player in my car Oct 15, 2006
Breeze wrote:Folks, I'd appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good place in Dubai to install a video system in my car . If you have an idea of what I am looking at in terms of costs for a quality system pls let me know . Thanks in advance

Too many parameters. You need to be more specific. Single-DIN, double-DIN, headliner-install, headrest-install...
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 15, 2006
I guess the headrests option would be the most suitable for the kids. as to the rest I really have no idea as i am a true novice. I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me as to what the single and double DIN means ... Tx
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 15, 2006
DIN slots only matter if you are going for something in-dash to replace you current stereo. Where do you want screens?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2006
Breeze wrote:I guess the headrests option would be the most suitable for the kids. as to the rest I really have no idea as i am a true novice. I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me as to what the single and double DIN means ... Tx

Another alternative is to buy Portable Media Player (PMP) like Vosonic 8360 (own one), Creative Zen Vision, Archos AV series, etc. It's harddisk based player where you can load tons of movies, MP3s, photos. And it's portable! Means your kids can watch them anywhere, anytime, anyhow. Buy additional car charger for more power while on a trip. As a bonus, you can hook it to your TV at home or hotel (while on holiday). Your kids will be happy. My daughter is ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 16, 2006
gt mash : I prefer to have two screens on each headrest for ergonomy reasons . Any idea who can fit these and what the price would be for a good brand ? Tx

xty: I actually have a portable one . I guess I am looking at something fix for the car at this stage. We usually play the same dvds anyway as my children are very young , they don't mind so I am making the most of it ;-) tx for the suggestion though.
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 16, 2006
Breeze wrote:gt mash : I prefer to have two screens on each headrest for ergonomy reasons . Any idea who can fit these and what the price would be for a good brand ? Tx

Two screens on each headrest? So 4 screens in total for the rear?

Getting them installed is not too hard a task but what are you planning on running these with?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
Sorry , my mistake i meant one screen on each , that's two screens in total.
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 16, 2006
After narrowing it down, I have to say I really don't know the cost of that setup... :la:

Expect between Dhs 2500 and Dhs 5000, depending on shop and brand. Many shops in Deira near the tunnel sell fake brands (Mitsui, Clasonic!), though many rich folks prefer Sound On Wheels on Dubai-Sharjah highway. Don't forget to add the actual DVD player to the equation.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2006
And don't forget to bargain!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 17, 2006
I would suggest Car Audio people, on sheikh Zayed Road... Talk to Fahim out there, he can pull a good deal with great equipment, Just let him know what the budjet is like.

tel: 043394485
Fuelonempty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 17, 2006
talk to gregory at quartermile; that is me by the way, i am starting up a mobile electronics division at quartermile 971 4 339 3836. the cool thing about now is that i will be giving great deals to get started. and as i'm not doing much yet you will get my undived attention. what kind of vehic is it? that will make a big differance.
gregory863
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 17, 2006
Thanks guys . I'll get in touch with the people above and hope to get a good deal. I was hoping to go with an idea so that I don't get ripped off, I guess I just have to see what everyone's quote is.
Gregory863: My vehicle is a Prado. I 'll be in touch soon...
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto