Hummer Any1?

Topic locked
Hummer any1? Sep 08, 2009
Hello,

Does any1 on this forum use a hummer? Was planning on buying 1 and would like to know about the maintenance and parts and also petrol consumption details!. Is it really expensive to maintain?

Thanks alot guys!

djchub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 08, 2009
H1,2 or 3 ? and what is your intented use. Mall crawler, offroad beast or both.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 08, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:H1,2 or 3 ? and what is your intented use. Mall crawler, offroad beast or both.

Hey I was thinking of getting an H3. Well intended use is both but more of a Mall crawler than offroad!!
djchub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 08, 2009
H3 is actually quite under powered with its 5 cyl engine. But does has reasonable torque. Well unless your going to not do anything other than mall crawl and soft road it ( beaches, wadi and mountain tracks ) it should be OK.

Build quality is not all that great and the interior feels cramped specially with the small windows. If its new than maintance should not be your worry as it will have a dealer warranty.

Friend has a 5 yr unlimited milage warranty on is Tahoe, dunno what they are offering now, but somekind of ramadan promotion might be going on ?

I would buy the H2, roomy, powerfull although a bit on the heavy side. Or the even cooler H2 SUT 8)
desertdudeshj

Sep 08, 2009
I was actually thinking of buying a used Hummer H3-2007 model. I like the luks mate. Wanna get a second hand 4 x 4 and every other vehicle pajero, prado its all got the same dumb luk. But the Hummers different..thats why iv been thinking of buying the Hummer. But since am buying a second hand one, alot of ppl(umm who hv never driven/owned a hummer) tell me the parts are too expensive and its difficult to maintain and the petrol consumption is really high!!So id like to know form some1 who has actually had one of these beasts, if these facts are true!!

Thanx for the reply guys..appreciate it!
djchub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 08, 2009
We used to have a H3 in our company, the H3 is still there but I'm gone. And I've got mates with H2's.

I drove the 3 around a bit off and offroad. Never really bothered to check the fuel consumption as it had a company gas card ! Well running costs of any vehicle here are high if done at the dealers specially out of warranty. And also all dealers offer the same dumbass costumer service so son't expect any miracles in that dept no matter what you get. And service cost won't differ too much from 2's to 3's

Have you ever driven a H3 ? if so they you'll realise what I mean about the cramped claustrophobic interior and the small boat like windows. Rear visiblity is absolutely horrid. So if the Missus is gonna be doing a lot of shopping runs be prepared for some fender benders.

Plus when ever you pass a H2 you will wish you should have bought the proper Hummer.

If you want a meaty looking 4x4 along with performance why not look into Defenders. They don't have the oval egg shaped design of the new girly 4x4's and are built like a rock. After market parts are easily avalible. If you can change a tyre you can probally fix anything on it with a swiss army knife. Most have diesel engines so you get great milage. Although not quick of the starting line they hold there own offroad. And trust me almost every light. someone will ask you if you want to "sell"

Check out dubizzle and souq.com there are a few defenders avaliable. SWB and LWB.

Also a meaty looker aswell as performer. The Toyota FJ71 land cruiser or even thr FJ cruiser.

But don't make the mistake as many have done and bought H3's as they are more affordable just for the brand name and looks and then really regreted doing so for small interior and anemic motor

I know a friend who is Selling a 04 H2 for 70 if your intrested
desertdudeshj

Sep 08, 2009
H1 has nothing in common with the H2 or 3
desertdudeshj

Sep 08, 2009
I'v never driven a hummer dude. So thinking of heading over to liberty and asking them for a test drive!I dont know why, but for some reason the hummers just caught my eye. I really need a test drive, mayb then i can decide for myself. Dude thanx alot for the offer but 2004 is kinda risky is it not? If the engine nd parts starts giving up on me, then id have wished id spent the money and bought myself a new H2!!!I was going throu dubizzle and souq saw an H3 for 70K..2007 model..yellow. Looks gud..Let me get the test drive done first then ill deicde!!

H2 is awesome, but man its huge!!!think bout the parking!!..Ill go nuts!!
djchub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto