Cost To Import Cars/belongings From US To Dubai?

Topic locked
Cost to Import cars/belongings from US to Dubai? Jan 28, 2007
Has anyone imported their car from the US to Dubai, or from Dubai to US? I was curious if a large container (15 meter) with your car and other belongings is the best way to ship large heavy cargo to Dubai? If so, what is the cost? How long does it take?

Any responses would help greatly, thank you.

Lightenup
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 31, 2007
Unless you're working with the US embassy (who will allow you to ship your car for free) or you're going to import a rare car, the cost to import it would be a lot. You might want to check out http://www.temllc.com/index.htm
offshorecash
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 31, 2007
Why would you want to do that??? Its a lot easier and cheaper to buy a car and furniture here.
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:Why would you want to do that??? Its a lot easier and cheaper to buy a car and furniture here.

Because I build my own cars and my own furniture 8)

What I want to bring cannot be duplicated in Dubai just yet, but perhaps the people of Dubai might like my ideas and duplication could lead into a new business in Dubai... who knows.

I like Dubai very much, but I could only live there if I could bring with me all the things that make my place here in the states so unique. Its nothing bad or illegal, its just the amount of time and imagination it took to create some of the pieces... cannot part with them.
Lightenup
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 31, 2007
If the car is too custom, it is technically illegal here. You won't be able to register it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 08, 2007
Your bet bet would be to talk to a shipping company in the states and get some quotes from them.
I've not done it from there so I can't help, but a lot of people do.

You will have to pay 5% import tax on the car and your personal posessions should be tax free.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 20, 2007
what bout importing a car from KUWAIT
Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 30, 2007
hi, our company do export from the USA. We have many people from UAE who already earning money with us. We also transport cars and pass customs! We can do new, used and damaged cars www.crashescars.com
bidux.com
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto