Change Of Numberplate

Topic locked
change of numberplate Aug 31, 2010
Hi

I am changing my job from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. My car registration is due next month. Is it mandatory to register and have Abu Dhabi numberplate as I will be in Abu Dhabi visa? Or can I continue with the same Dubai numberplate ?

Thanks

trafficlinq
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Change Of Numberplate Aug 31, 2010
Having just done this with a friend just a few days ago I think I can shed some light on this. And this is all per the RTA officials sitting at the tasjeel and shamil counters but if you've been here for sometime you know nothing is gospel and changes by the second and from person to person counter to counter and same person on a different day. But to get through this trial you have to adament talk to as many mudeers as possible and refuse to leave until its done.

Ok so here it is. If you have a number plate H code or before then its not a problem, if after alphabeticaly then you need to show as much proof that you are staying in Dubai. Tennecy contract, Dewa bills, Etisalat bills all in your name proving your staying in Dubai.

My friends problems was he was satying with his family ( Dad, mum etc etc ) and the villa is rent free and under the sponsors name same with the DEWA bills its on the sponsors name. Only had etisalat.

One day the dude behind the counter says get the Etisalat bill
Same day after a few hours, its not enough.

Day two get a letter from your dad saying your staying with him. Are you sure that all I need and no more documentation. RTA yes 100% positive.
later the same day, letter is not enough

Day three ok get a letter from your sponsor saying your dad is staying with him plus the usual passport photocopies etc etc

By this time my friend had enough of it and stood up and when the usual way if you want something done, to stand up make and much noise as possible and this is to the Mudeer ( manager)

You told me yesterday that this is all I need and nothing more and now your saying etc etc, what do you think I have nothing better to do than to chase after this all day long.

RTA : Yani, but uhhh.

( a little dramatic touch inserted ) I was born here and been living here for almost 35 years and wallahi for the first time I feel like I am an expatriate and that you people are racist.

RTA : :shock: no wallahi it is not like

No but it is, you know very well I have been doing this for how many days now, one day its bring this and one day bring that.

RTA : I cannot do anything it is the policy it is like this.

Are you not the Mudeer here..right

RTA : Yes

Then isn't it your job to correct these policies. You tell me is this right

RTA : :shock: Ok Ok khalas. Takes papers makes the obligatory squiggle gets up, come

takes the stack of papers to one of the dudes sitting behind the counter. "Kha'lus ha rayal" ( finish this dude )

and job gets done.

Mind you my friend does not speak a word of Arabic and is a Pakistani and not some white boy.

So now your armed and almost dangerous, good luck on your mission.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto