Cheers
saint
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 03, 2006
its good to know this
HamletSNK
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 04, 2006
Can anyone post the approximate average rates for car rentals in dubai?

Compact
Small
Midsize
Luxury
SUV
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 04, 2006
Thats a fairly tall order. The difference would be large, as you can get some very good discounts if you hire long term, also you can use a Company name to get a better rate.

I think the gap in the prices would be too large to make it much use.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 21, 2006
Where can we rent the Hummer stretch limousine? How much does it cost?

website maybe?
Ferrarissima
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 24, 2006
If you can, get a copy of the Autotrader for UAE. Thye advertise a lot in there.

If not, then google is your best bet.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

4x4 rental but not allowed to 4x4! Dec 24, 2006
I want to rent a 4x4 to go to Musumdam (Oman). Car rental places are telling me I can only drive in the UAE! Does anyone know of a place that will rent to me and let me drive to Oman?

I explained that I would be willing to change my plans and drive to Liwa and then they explained that they dont cover offroading - so no desert driving!?

Does anyone know of a place where I can rent a 4x4 and they will cover me when off the pavement/main roads?

I want to go away for the weekend!

Heidi
b7heidi
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 25, 2006
I met this situation too when tried to get a car for Oman trip :(
What I did? I took my friends car to As Seeb and rent 4x4 there. There are no more solution, IMHO
Rulik
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 21, 2007
is there a way besides calling to find out what cars are available?
asdfasdf128
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 06, 2008
where can i rent some high end cars, Lambos Ferraris ? How much are they to rent?
HeavyMental
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 23, 2008
I know I may be a bit lat on this thread, but the link does not work anymore....?
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 05, 2009
anyone know any exotic car rentals in UAE?
vossen forged
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Car rentals Feb 14, 2009
[quote="XRW-147"]A good listing of car rental companies can be found here:

the page cannot be displayed...
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

car rental Feb 16, 2009
same problem here, link doesn't lead anywhere.... :(

a nice truck driver totaled my car yesterday so, I need to hire a really cheap car for a month or so.
Any advices where to find one? Google only gives the multi.company names...

thanks!
Littlefish
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: car rental Mar 24, 2009
Littlefish wrote:same problem here, link doesn't lead anywhere.... :(

a nice truck driver totaled my car yesterday so, I need to hire a really cheap car for a month or so.
Any advices where to find one? Google only gives the multi.company names...

thanks!

call up patriot rent a car and talk to abdullah, one of the best i have dealt with so far. BTW i have a accord 2008 if you are interested . drop me a line on sandxb@yahoo com or pm me
obama
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 21, 2009
Hmm!.. well that's a Offer i guese!.. fine let's give it a try!..
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 02, 2009
Is there any car rental where I can rent a car with 20? I've already checked all big companys like Hertz, Sixt, Dollar,... - the minimum age is always 21 :(
icefresh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 05, 2009
Any one with more info on the luxury sport car hire in dubai??

How much for something fast?
Bushman
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 09, 2009
hi everybody
we have experience in logistics,supply chain,transport,investment
we also want to establish mixed(senegal-dubai)business with interested funds owner in different businesses like car renting or sale,decoration furnitures,solidarity organisations and others...we can work together by using Dubai Port World infrastuctures which are very important in our country.we really want to establish fair relationship with our partners.
for more informations:
tel:(00221)776350301
e-mail:ctidjani2000@yahoo.fr
Cherif
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 09, 2009
hi everybody
we have experience in logistics,supply chain,transport,investment
we also want to establish mixed(senegal-dubai)business with interested funds owner in different businesses like car renting or sale,decoration furnitures,solidarity organisations and others...we can work together by using Dubai Port World infrastuctures which are very important in our country.we really want to establish fair relationship with our partners.
for more informations:
tel:(00221)776350301
e-mail:ctidjani2000@yahoo.fr
Cherif
Dubai Forum Visitor

POWERDRIVE RENT A CAR DUBAI AND RENT A CAR SHARJAH Nov 18, 2009
Rent a car in dubai,rent a car in sharjah,cheap car rentals in dubai,cheap car rentals in sharjah,economy car hires in dubai,luxury car rental in dubai,car hires,low cost rent a car in dubai ,low cost rent a car in sharjah,4 wheel drive car rentals in dubai.contact powerdrive 055 9596477 or 0502966239
tanura
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Car Rentals Jun 06, 2011
Dear friend,
You can get you own car at affordable price, just visit www.dubaiuseditems.com/, become a member and then you can place a free add there.
Hope it will be best for you.
mohid
Dubai Forum User

Re: Car Rentals Jun 08, 2011
I would steer clear of Joseph Rent a Car - these people are really dangerous. They seem to have a friend in the police force and had my wife arrested when we refused to pay for engine repairs when our hire car overheated.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Car Rentals Jun 09, 2011
blueshift wrote:I would steer clear of Joseph Rent a Car - these people are really dangerous. They seem to have a friend in the police force and had my wife arrested when we refused to pay for engine repairs when our hire car overheated.

You just flatly refused and the police turned up? There must be more to the story than that.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Car Rentals Jul 11, 2011
car rental companies? Can have a auto obd diagnosis, my car broke down, but I don't know where is broken. confused
obdchina
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Car Rentals Jul 13, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
blueshift wrote:I would steer clear of Joseph Rent a Car - these people are really dangerous. They seem to have a friend in the police force and had my wife arrested when we refused to pay for engine repairs when our hire car overheated.

You just flatly refused and the police turned up? There must be more to the story than that.

No the police didn't turn up - a policeman who worked the graveyard shift at the dishonoured cheques department at Murakabat police station called as at 11pm and tried to persuade us to pay some money to to this company. I went down there to meet him and explain why not but he put her name on a list and she was arrested the next time she tried to leave the country. Honestly BM you are like a broken record accusing people of telling tales about the UAE. Stuff happens here that people should be aware of if they want to live here.

My advice to anyone else in this situation is to get a lawyer and embassy assistance as soon as possible. I made the mistake of dealing with the police directly. They insisted I had to pay a deposit to get my wife's passport returned but I would get a hearing to explain my case and the money should be returned to me, but as soon as the cash left my hands they changed their tune completely 'Case Closed'. Police lie everywhere in the world and the UAE is no exception.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Car rentals Jul 15, 2011
Honestly BM you are like a broken record accusing people of telling tales about the UAE.

That's rich! The only time you post is to winge about the UAE and your wife's experience at the hands of Dubai Police.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Car Rentals Jul 15, 2011
If some of my posts seem negative, I've had some bad luck in the UAE. Knowledge is key to staying out of trouble. If I can share my experiences and maybe help someone avoid getting arrested and/or being parted with their cash, then that's great.

Most visitors seem to avoid having the problems I've had, but you never know when your luck is going to change. We'll probably never know how many people are in legal custody here as it's a well guarded secret but many of them shouldn't be.

Maybe it's not so important for you as you spend so little time here and your Emerati significant other is hopefully going to rescue you if you ever get into trouble so please ignore my negative experiences as probably not relevant to you.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Car rentals Sep 03, 2011
I used UCR UnitedcarRentals more than 10 times.

Their rates are generally good and I'm always satisfied with the service
last 3 times I got brand new Cruiser (last one was 43 kms on it :mrgreen: )

you get civic ~cruiser for ~125 Aed per day they bring the car and pik it up
They are even flexible at return timing

When I first come to dubai I rented a civic for 3 months and it was 2050 Aed per month
VCO
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto