BMW 320i Or Honda Accord 2.4

Topic locked
BMW 320i or Honda Accord 2.4 Mar 23, 2006
Hey Guys,

I am planning to get a new car and I am stuck with the choice. Either to spend less and get Honda....or spend more and get BMW.

Is any body using one to these cars?

I am interested about:

1. Maintenance costs
2. Resale value

Thanks for the help….

iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 07, 2006
hey,

are you planning to buy a new car or used ? if used , then go for honda, cause a used bmw, will make u alot of problems + it has a very costly maintenance, but if your going for a new one, then go for a bmw, since they have 5yrs warranty.

and one more thing, dont go for 6,7 series, cause they have a very bad fuel economy..
mido87
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 08, 2006
Well,

Honda is a very safe option either new or used.

1. Maintenance costs
Honda is better you cost as you pay much more less around 200-400 for minor service and i think would be up to 500-600 for major (i might be exagerating)
2. Resale value
Honda is better also, jap cars depreciation is much more better than Greman cars, And honda is in top of the list with Toyota.

For BMW,
1. Maintenance costs
Higher cost, some people do service outside the agency (not recommended except if you are car/mechanical expert) BUT you do maintenancy every 10,000 vs 5,000 for the Honda.
Cost i think might be in the range of 2000+ each time.

2. Resale value
Depreciation is as all german cars, in the range of 15% for the first year and 10% annually flat after that, and when a new model comes it would be 15% percent for the first year also.
Note that BMW will cost more than Honda and so Dep. is higher in value. and also percentage as jap is less than 10%

Beemer, it much better car than honda in Luxury, look, style, elegance, and go test drive both... German car is A German Car and this is a Beemer.

Then it is up to you, pay more, get better car, or get good car and pay less.

Value for money is HONDA
yshimy

Apr 12, 2006
I would reckon that BMW would probably be cheaper to pick up used. As long as you get one in decent condition - they are fairly ok to maintain (if you dont mind buying parts from the ghettoz of sharjah!)

Honda's are ok as well..... but in reality service at a Honda centre are will cost you more than your usual check up at a garage with the Bimmer.
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2006
X center (part of HOC) are good independant beemer service center. Cost you half as much as you will be stung for at the dealers.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Free BMW service Nov 10, 2009
Hi all is anyone in dubai intersted in a free BMW veihcel service please contact me on this email haitham.merhi87 at hotmail , please if anyone intersted the service is totaly free the car must be less than 5 years old and walked less than 100,000 km, so if you are intersted please contact me today because we need to do the service this week mainly this thursday, the service will be done in al-ain BMW Agency. please contact me by sending ur phone number and your BMW specifications on my email written above and i will call u to tell you about the details

thank you all

Regards
haitham
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto